• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

So much anxiety!

Chance7

Jan 18, 2018
Northern Cambria
✟23,829.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi, I’m new to this “anxiety thread”. I was just wondering: does anyone else have nearly constant anxiety with everything about God? I am literally anxious about everything. Anxious about hell , evangelism, judgement, even hearing God’s name, even thinking about telling someone about Hod gives me so much anxiety that I start breathing heavy. It’s like an anxiety attack. What can I do? I see Jesus as a fiery, angry, God that’s coming back with a sword to destroy us all rather than a loving God but I see God as loving. Is it weird that I can’t stop being afraid of God? What should I do. Will God understand and forgive my weakness?

Brotherly Spirit

Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2017
Virginia
✟224,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Have faith in Christ as the Lord and Savior first of all. Then from there it'll be easier to follow as a believer. Last thing you should do is start judging everything about God or Jesus; not one of us knows or understands enough to worry ourselves. If there's something bothering you spiritually or scripturally, rely on God and others by prayer and fellowship.

If you're repentant having in mind a need to change; honest with yourself, confess to God, asking for mercy. Then he's more than willing to forgive as you have kept him in your heart. You're not alone with him and you have brethren of him too. Prayers and fellowships are more than enough for us to know he's there; else he wouldn't bother with us, ever, especially to guide us together in this life.

Upvote 0

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thank you so much. I appreciate the answer. I will do what you said, God bless you.
I suggest learning about God's other attributes. Learning to see Him as a loving God. The Parable of the lost sheep ♡ The parable of the lost son (prodigal son). When Jesus refers to God as our Father after saying not to worry during the sermon on the mount.

Maybe reading a book or a study about God's love might help?

God doesn't want you to be worrying or anxious. That will detract you from feeling His peace and living the life in His spirit. You are a child of God and he wants you to be able to Trust in Him.

Joshua 1:9
Philippians 4:6-9
Matthew 7:7-12
Matthew 18:10-14
Luke 15:11-32
Psalm 91:14-16
14 Inspiring Bible Verses about God's Love

Hope this helps

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Hi, I’m new to this “anxiety thread”. I was just wondering: does anyone else have nearly constant anxiety with everything about God? I am literally anxious about everything. Anxious about hell , evangelism, judgement, even hearing God’s name, even thinking about telling someone about Hod gives me so much anxiety that I start breathing heavy. It’s like an anxiety attack. What can I do? I see Jesus as a fiery, angry, God that’s coming back with a sword to destroy us all rather than a loving God but I see God as loving. Is it weird that I can’t stop being afraid of God? What should I do. Will God understand and forgive my weakness?
When we try to obey the Lord's commandments, most of our anxiety disappears, doesn't it?

• Agree
Reactions: Sam91
Upvote 0

PetraFan007

I try as hard as I can.
Nov 9, 2003
Central MA
Visit site
✟21,363.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Hey Chance. I struggle with a lot of this stuff to. What it comes down to is not knowing if I am truly "OK" with God...like as a person. Also, being afraid of love (e.g. can I accept or feel love, do I even deserve love...or even WHY do I NEED love...etc). It's a very scary feeling. The song "East to West" by Casting Crowns helps me. I'd take a listen to it. Here are the lyrics:

Here I am lord and I'm drowning
In your sea of forgetfulness
The chains of yesterday surround me
I yearn for peace and rest
I don't want to end up where you found me
And it echoes in my mind
Keeps me awake tonight
I know you've cast my sin as far
As the east is from the west
And I stand before you now
As though I've never sinned
But today I feel like I'm just one mistake away
From you leaving me this way
Jesus, can you show me just how far the east is from the west?
Cause I can't bear to see the man I've been
Rising up in me again
In the arms of your mercy I find rest
You know just how far the east is from the west
From one scarred hand to the other
I start the day, the war begins
Endless reminding of my sin
And time and time again
Your truth is drowned out by the storm I'm in
Today I feel like I'm just one mistake away
From you leaving me this way
Rising up in me again
I know you've washed me white
Turned my darkness into light
I need your peace to get me through
To get me through this night
I can't live by what I feel
About the truth your word reveals
And I'm not holding onto you
But you're holding onto me
You're holding onto me
Rising up in me again
Just how far, the east is from the west, just how far
You know just how far, the east is from the west, just how far
Songwriters: John Mark Hall / Bernie Herms

Upvote 0