So....Massive Protests Are OK in Covid Time?

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,676.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Why? Please tell me why? How could thousands of Health Professionals come out with a document and declaration something to the effect like, "Hey it's OK! The protests should continue and not to worry about social distancing!"

How can they possibly, possibly, possibly take this position having said everything they've said before? What about all the thousands upon thousands, upon thousands of dear elderly people whose lives are they say at stake? They were if people were to meet for other things. So are we to believe the virus which they've claimed is so incredibly contagious will take a break? Is that what they want us to think?

Of course churches CAN'T meet in numbers of thousands....for you know people will get sick.....but all these other type of thousands of people, even perhaps MILLIONS??? (they say the DC demonstration might have a million people come to it) Oh don't worry about the old folks! They'll be OK? Infected cases couldn't go up into the millions because of this? Isn't that what they said before?

How can ANYONE....I mean ANYONE justify this in the medical community? So absolutely EVERYTHING the whole country has sacrificed for trying to be a responsible citizens then what good did it do?

(Note: Look at the pictures in the CNN link. Yes some are wearing masks but how can anyone say there's six feet between them)

Over 1,000 health professionals sign a letter saying, Don't shut down protests using coronavirus concerns as an excuse - CNN

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I know right. This is the world.. this is one of many things that happen when Christ is not in any part of it. The love for many has as we see every day as of late gone cold. Its all about self.

I watched a woman.. press getting up set about how close they were seated. But.. to gather and packed together next to someone you don't even know.. oh thats ok though.

Upvote 0

childeye 2

Aug 18, 2018
Denver CO
✟203,538.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why? Please tell me why? How could thousands of Health Professionals come out with a document and declaration something to the effect like, "Hey it's OK! The protests should continue and not to worry about social distancing!"

How can they possibly, possibly, possibly take this position having said everything they've said before? What about all the thousands upon thousands, upon thousands of dear elderly people whose lives are they say at stake? They were if people were to meet for other things. So are we to believe the virus which they've claimed is so incredibly contagious will take a break? Is that what they want us to think?

Of course churches CAN'T meet in numbers of thousands....for you know people will get sick.....but all these other type of thousands of people, even perhaps MILLIONS??? (they say the DC demonstration might have a million people come to it) Oh don't worry about the old folks! They'll be OK? Infected cases couldn't go up into the millions because of this? Isn't that what they said before?

How can ANYONE....I mean ANYONE justify this in the medical community? So absolutely EVERYTHING the whole country has sacrificed for trying to be a responsible citizens then what good did it do?

(Note: Look at the pictures in the CNN link. Yes some are wearing masks but how can anyone say there's six feet between them)

Over 1,000 health professionals sign a letter saying, Don't shut down protests using coronavirus concerns as an excuse - CNN
I think it's about protesting unjustified police abuse. No one out there cares about the virus so much.

• Agree
Reactions: Broken Fence
Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

The link said over a thousand signatures. So thousands is just multiplying it.

And that tiny fraction of health professionals merely said they acknowledge the risks but feel that protesting over the government excesses outweighs the risks.

Bit like the pastors who are gonna open their churches while being fully aware of the risks since they feel their services are needed.

Upvote 0

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟762,613.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
There's probably going to be a big wave of fresh outbreaks of covid because of all of this Mass congregating. I guess looting and burning down your city is more important

Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

Yep a lot of this going on! Even lamer when you consider all those business owners a few weeks to a month back who got arrested for opening their bars, restaurants, and gyms etc. a few days or weeks early using social distancing, masks and disinfectant (especially when various governors were waffling on the issue of whether or not to open up", or continuously moving the goal posts for some new ideal infection rate goal)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟439,510.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There's probably going to be a big wave of fresh outbreaks of covid because of all of this Mass congregating. [snipped] ...

I am hearing that we may know more … in about 4 or 5 weeks:

According to "medical experts" (?) on tv this weekend, many of the younger protesters will contract the disease but will be asymptomatic. However, many of those that are asymptomatic will pass on the disease to more vulnerable others who will prove to be symptomatic. All this will take about 4 or 5 weeks to play out.

Makes sense to me, based on what we've been told about Covid for months, but I guess it is time that will tell ...

Upvote 0

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟439,510.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I know right. This is the world.. this is one of many things that happen when Christ is not in any part of it. The love for many has as we see every day as of late gone cold. Its all about self.

[snipped …]

Sure seems to be the case … and what really strikes me is the general sense of hopelessness that many persons seem to be experiencing these days. It is so sad to see.

Our world needs Jesus. America needs Jesus. Those of us that know Him … I think we can be praying much, for the salvation of souls. Least, that is one thing the Lord has put on my heart to do, during these very difficult times we find ourselves living in … 'to pray' ...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MDC

Jan 19, 2017
Texas
✟59,701.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
There's probably going to be a big wave of fresh outbreaks of covid because of all of this Mass congregating. I guess looting and burning down your city is more important
So protesting about the racist and abusive bullying tactics of police departments around this country is less important? To lump in peaceful protesters with looters is naive. Shows why we have had this issue for decades in this nation

• Agree
Reactions: Broken Fence
Upvote 0

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟335,953.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The justification is the quote that appears toward the end of the article: "While everyone is concerned about the risk of Covid, there are risks with just being black in this country that almost outweigh that sometimes. And the sad part is the group that is protesting for their rights are the same people who are already disproportionately affected by the disease."

It is a good and important observation, though, that COVID-19 hasn't gone away. As we participate in protests, we still need to be following CDC guidelines as far as possible: try to gather in small groups, stay 6 feet apart, wear masks, and so on. The packed crowds in large cities that we've seen are epidemiologically dangerous, and may result in renewed outbreaks, as the letter notes. That's something we need to think about as we decide how to forcefully, yet safely, make our voices heard.

Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think Jesus is gonna say to a lot of these anarchists that he never knew them

i don't approve of looting but we cannot put ourselves in God's place as judge

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟290,875.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
It's rank hypocrisy of the highest sort. If these protests/riots which have resulted in millions of dollars of property damage; death and physical harm; the spread of the Chinese Virus are okay then Churches should open up without hesitation. Everyone should just get back to work and accept that people are responsible for their own fates.

Upvote 0

MDC

Jan 19, 2017
Texas
✟59,701.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
So when they burn down all the stores and places of business how are they and their communities supposed to get back to work? More welfare??
Just come out and say these protest are meaningless to you. By deflecting from the issue of why protest are taking place in the first place you use crypto racist remarks as if it justifies your ignorance that all protesters are looters

Upvote 0

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟762,613.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Just come out and say these protest are meaningless to you. By deflecting from the issue of why protest are taking place in the first place you use crypto racist remarks as if it justifies your ignorance that all protesters are looters

How is what their doing supposed to help anything? What are leaders supposed to do for these mobs to placate them? Tell me.

Rioting is not a protest and it's what most of them are doing. Most are helping the rioters simply by being there to provide cover to the instigators. It's not the first amendment anymore, these are calls to action. Calls to violence and mayhem.

So tell me, what would you like the Donald to do? Most BLM's would just tell him to kill himself. Which might work if he's up to it, idk

Upvote 0