SO MANY CHURCH'S - WHO IS GOD'S TRUE CHURCH (Scripture)?

Nova2216

If truth is discounted then lies become normal.
May 16, 2020
America
Visit site
✟40,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
No I cannot. If and when Christ comes to you as a thief in the night, that is when you will begin to understand. Until that happens, you cannot understand The Truth. You can go to school for the rest of your life and still not know The Truth. I’m a witness to The Truth. I definitely do not deserve this gift but I’m sealed until the day of redemption. I thought I was born again when I was around 20 and serving in the navy. I was wrong. About 16 years later is when I was called. It’s impossible to understand the Spiritual Truths in God’s Word without being taught directly by The GodHead. Seek and you will find. Your comments indicate that you have yet to experience the rebirth. It’s not too late. The True Church of Christ is only known by The GodHead.

The scriptures disagree with you.

We can know truth, obey it and be free from sin.

Joh 8:31 ¶ Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; 32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

Notice (Rom. 6:3-6, 16-18)

Eph 3:3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,
4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)

YES, if we read the scriptures with a good and honest heart we can understand the word of God.

Eph 5:17 Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is.

Joh 7:17 If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.

Read more here.
Mission Printing Home Page

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Peter was a leader after Jesus ascended. James the brother of a Jesus was not a leader until later. The Book of Acts mentioned Peter more James.

James was leader of the Jerusalem Church.

• Agree
Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
No I cannot. If and when Christ comes to you as a thief in the night, that is when you will begin to understand. Until that happens, you cannot understand The Truth. You can go to school for the rest of your life and still not know The Truth. I’m a witness to The Truth. I definitely do not deserve this gift but I’m sealed until the day of redemption. I thought I was born again when I was around 20 and serving in the navy. I was wrong. About 16 years later is when I was called. It’s impossible to understand the Spiritual Truths in God’s Word without being taught directly by The GodHead. Seek and you will find. Your comments indicate that you have yet to experience the rebirth. It’s not too late. The True Church of Christ is only known by The GodHead.

Do YOU understand what "thief in the night" means?

Upvote 0

Chris35

May 27, 2018
Melbourne
✟55,654.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
39You study c the Scriptures diligently because you think that in them you have eternal life. These are the very Scriptures that testify about me, 40yet you refuse to come to me to have life.

It’s impossible to understand the Spiritual Truths in God’s Word without being taught directly by The GodHead.

You are right, Paul is a good example of this, as he knew the bible inside out, and still presecuted christians who come to Jesus. Wasn't untill he receives revelation that he understood.

If you want truth pray for it and seek it, and God will see you are trying and reveal it to you.

Upvote 0

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We are told not to be concerned about the 1000s of denominations we see today in the world.

When division is sin according to (1Cor. 1:10) (Phl. 3:16) (1Jn 3:4) (1Tim.1:3) (1Tm.4:1-4) (2Tm. 4:1-4) (1Cor.4:6). (teach no other doctrine) (speak the same thing)

It will boil down to whether you listen to God or men (Gal. 1:10).

Ga 1:10 ¶ For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.

Read more here.

Thanks

Are we called to dispute with all 1000s denominations that we see today ?
Are we called to dispute with all believers?
Why not rather that be we wronged ?

As we have heard:
Hatred stirs up strife (or disputes) , but love covers all offenses. -Proverbs 10:12

We are not called to hate other believers or our brothers and sisters in Christ ! If we hate our brothers, then we still live in darkness !

Are you concerned about this :
I appeal to you, brothers, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree, and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be united in the same mind and the same judgment. -1 Corinthians 1:10

It is true what apostle Paul have said that there be no division among us, but be united with the same mind and judgment.

Then who are those who are united with the same mind and judgement?

They are those who love God and have received the Spirit who is from God. As we have heard what apostle Paul, and other apostles, and faithful ministers of God have spoken, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, expressing spiritual truths in spiritual words.

There are those who are in these church denominations who does not accept the things from the Spirit of God, and consider what we spoke is foolishness; these people cannot understand what we speak because they are spiritually discerned.

We are not hold these kind of believers in contempt. Remember how Stephen who see the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God and HAVE SAID THIS:

And falling to his knees he cried out with a loud voice, "Lord, do not hold this sin against them." And when he had said this, he fell asleep. -Acts 7:60

In this love, Stephen full of the Holy Spirit desire sinners to repent, just as our Lord.
Have not Stephen have the mind of the Lord and received the same judgement as the prophets and apostles who have been prosecuted?

Are they not rather being wronged ? Have they not given their life to the Lord who died for them and raised again?
This is what we speak the truth in love, that we may all grow into Him who is the Head, who is Christ Jesus our Lord.

As we have heard:
For in one Spirit we were ALL BAPTIZED INTO ONE BODY'Jews or Gentiles, slaves or free'and ALL WERE MADE TO DRINK OF ONE SPIRIT. -1 Corinthians 12:13

Upvote 0

lsume

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2017
Florida
✟417,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Apostle Paul had no trouble identifying the Church when he wrote his epistles.
The True Church isn’t totally hidden from those whom Christ reveals it too. The Holy Spirit Holds The Witness. Since Paul needed to know, Christ opened his eyes and ears so he could perform the works necessary. There is no place for contention in Christ.

Upvote 0

lsume

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2017
Florida
✟417,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The scriptures disagree with you.

We can know truth, obey it and be free from sin.

Joh 8:31 ¶ Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; 32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

Notice (Rom. 6:3-6, 16-18)

Eph 3:3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,
4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)

YES, if we read the scriptures with a good and honest heart we can understand the word of God.

Eph 5:17 Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is.

Joh 7:17 If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.

Read more here.

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,178,560.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
The True Church isn’t totally hidden from those whom Christ reveals it too. The Holy Spirit Holds The Witness. Since Paul needed to know, Christ opened his eyes and ears so he could perform the works necessary. There is no place for contention in Christ.
The Church is visible and the Church has authority.

Matthew 18:15-17
“If your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault, between you and him alone. If he listens to you, you have gained your brother. But if he does not listen, take one or two others along with you, that every word may be confirmed by the evidence of two or three witnesses. If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church; and if he refuses to listen even to the church, let him be to you as a Gentile and a tax collector.

• Agree
Reactions: The Liturgist
Upvote 0

Hawkins

Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2005
Canada
✟237,544.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Q1. How do the scriptures define Church?

It's not complicated. The most basic judgment is on that which church holds the correct Canon.

OT is a testimony of the Jews. It's canonization went through a strict process started since King Hezekiah till around Jesus' days. It's strictly guarded by the Great Sanhedrin (mainly the elite Pharisees), but not the LXX which was not a strictly controlled copy. LXX is quoted only when the Jews had to speak in Greek, say when preaching to foreigners or speaking to the Hellenistic Jews who don't speak Hebrew.

Only Protestant churches are fully legitimate as they have both a correct NT and OT.

• Agree
Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nova2216

If truth is discounted then lies become normal.
May 16, 2020
America
Visit site
✟40,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Are we called to dispute with all 1000s denominations that we see today ?
Are we called to dispute with all believers?
Why not rather that be we wronged ?

As we have heard:
Hatred stirs up strife (or disputes) , but love covers all offenses. -Proverbs 10:12

We are not called to hate other believers or our brothers and sisters in Christ ! If we hate our brothers, then we still live in darkness !

Are you concerned about this :
I appeal to you, brothers, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree, and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be united in the same mind and the same judgment. -1 Corinthians 1:10

It is true what apostle Paul have said that there be no division among us, but be united with the same mind and judgment.

Then who are those who are united with the same mind and judgement?

They are those who love God and have received the Spirit who is from God. As we have heard what apostle Paul, and other apostles, and faithful ministers of God have spoken, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, expressing spiritual truths in spiritual words.

There are those who are in these church denominations who does not accept the things from the Spirit of God, and consider what we spoke is foolishness; these people cannot understand what we speak because they are spiritually discerned.

We are not hold these kind of believers in contempt. Remember how Stephen who see the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God and HAVE SAID THIS:

And falling to his knees he cried out with a loud voice, "Lord, do not hold this sin against them." And when he had said this, he fell asleep. -Acts 7:60

In this love, Stephen full of the Holy Spirit desire sinners to repent, just as our Lord.
Have not Stephen have the mind of the Lord and received the same judgement as the prophets and apostles who have been prosecuted?

Are they not rather being wronged ? Have they not given their life to the Lord who died for them and raised again?
This is what we speak the truth in love, that we may all grow into Him who is the Head, who is Christ Jesus our Lord.

As we have heard:
For in one Spirit we were ALL BAPTIZED INTO ONE BODY'Jews or Gentiles, slaves or free'and ALL WERE MADE TO DRINK OF ONE SPIRIT. -1 Corinthians 12:13

I said nothing about hating anyone.

If you love someone you will tell them the truth.

Christians are called to stand up for truth. (1Tim.2:4) (1Peter 4:11) (1Tim.4:1-4) (2Tim.4:1-4)

Christians are called to "expose error" and have no fellowship with darkness (error). (Eph. 5:11) (Mt.18:15-17) (Acts 8:22) (Gal. 2:11)

Christians are called to confront sin in the lives of brethren to help save them. (Gal. 6:1,2) (Mt.18:15-17) (Luke 17:3,4) (Acts 8:22) (Gal. 2:11)

We confront sin to redeem the lost. (1Jn 1:9) (Acts 8:22) (Mt.18:15-17)

This is love. Doing the will of God. (Mt.7:21)

1Co 5:7 ¶ Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:

Unity can only be achieved by having truth (the words of Christ) as our foundation. (not creed books)

Each time a creed book is authored by men a division is created.

Ask your preacher if yall have a creed book (separate and apart from the bible).

Reactions: SANTOSO
Upvote 0

Disciple of Jesus
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
✟146,199.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Q2. With so many Christian Church's in the world all professing Christ how can we know who is God's true Church?
Q3. How does the bible define as God's people?
Q4. Who is God's ISRAEL in the new covenant?
Q4. Who is Gods Church according to the scriptures in the New covenant?
….

A1. I have understood Church, or assembly is the people who are disciples of Jesus.

And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
Matt. 16:18

A2. I think the Church of Jesus is the people who are disciples of Jesus. They follow Jesus and are loyal to him.

A3. God’s children are defined like this:
He who does righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous. He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has been sinning from the beginning. To this end the Son of God was revealed, that he might destroy the works of the devil. Whoever is born of God doesn't commit sin, because his seed remains in him; and he can't sin, because he is born of God. In this the children of God are revealed, and the children of the devil. Whoever doesn't do righteousness is not of God, neither is he who doesn't love his brother.
1 John 3:7-10

Disciples of Jesus, who are also called Christian are defined by this:
Jesus therefore said to those Jews who had believed him, "If you remain in my word, then you are truly my disciples. You will know the truth, and the truth will make you free."
John 8:31-32

A4. I think Israel is people who are Jews according to this:
For he is not a Jew who is one outwardly, neither is that circumcision which is outward in the flesh; but he is a Jew who is one inwardly, and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit not in the letter; whose praise is not from men, but from God.
Romans 2:28-29

Upvote 0

Biltong65

Aug 28, 2020
Indiana
✟19,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Hi everyone,

Just some questions for friendly discussion (answers to be based on the scriptures please). According to some consensus' there have been recorded between 40,000 to 50,000 different Christian Church denominations believe it or not. Now I do not know how accurate these numbers are but let's say for arguments sake even if there was only 5 different Christian Church's all professing to be the chosen of God, how are you going to know who has God's truth and who truly is God's Church? I think this will be an interesting topic as JESUS warns us in the last days that many will come in his name and there will be many false prophets (messengers) and false Christs (Head's of the body which is the church).

QUESTIONS FOR DISCUSSION (scripture please).

Q2. With so many Christian Church's in the world all professing Christ how can we know who is God's true Church?

My view which I will show latter through the scriptures is that God's people make up his Church, and they are defined in the scriptures as all those who are living up to all the knowledge that God has revealed to them and are knowingly believing and following his Word. This means God's people are in every Church but not every Church is God's - There is a calling out coming according to REVELATION 18:1-5 because the Church's professing Christianity have fallen away from God and his Word.

This of course should be obvious to everyone as there is not only scriptures foretelling this but from the very fact that there are 40,000 or 50,000 different denominations of Christianity recorded today all professing to be God's true Church. Not all of them have the correct understanding of the scriptures and as such cannot all be God's true Church right?

I will look to provide scripture proof latter and link them to this OP showing why I believe this way. I believe that God is calling his people where ever they may be, and from what ever Church they may be in, back to His Word. God is a Spirit and those who worship Him must worship Him in Spirit and in truth. God is calling His sheep out from following man-made teachings and traditions back to the pure Word of God.

Friendly discussion please. What are your thoughts?

God bless.

Westminster Confession of Faith, Chapter 25 (Of the Church):

IV. This catholic* Church hath been sometimes more, sometimes less visible. And particular Churches, which are members thereof, are more or less pure, according as the doctrine of the Gospel is taught and embraced, ordinances administered, and public worship performed more or less purely in them.

V. The purest Churches under heaven are subject both to mixture and error: and some have so degenerated, as to become no Churches of Christ, but synagogues of Satan. Nevertheless, there shall be always a Church on earth, to worship God according to His will.

* small 'c'.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi everyone,

Just some questions for friendly discussion (answers to be based on the scriptures please). According to some consensus' there have been recorded between 40,000 to 50,000 different Christian Church denominations believe it or not. Now I do not know how accurate these numbers are but let's say for arguments sake even if there was only 5 different Christian Church's all professing to be the chosen of God, how are you going to know who has God's truth and who truly is God's Church? I think this will be an interesting topic as JESUS warns us in the last days that many will come in his name and there will be many false prophets (messengers) and false Christs (Head's of the body which is the church).

QUESTIONS FOR DISCUSSION (scripture please).

My view which I will show latter through the scriptures is that God's people make up his Church, and they are defined in the scriptures as all those who are living up to all the knowledge that God has revealed to them and are knowingly believing and following his Word. This means God's people are in every Church but not every Church is God's - There is a calling out coming according to REVELATION 18:1-5 because the Church's professing Christianity have fallen away from God and his Word.

This of course should be obvious to everyone as there is not only scriptures foretelling this but from the very fact that there are 40,000 or 50,000 different denominations of Christianity recorded today all professing to be God's true Church. Not all of them have the correct understanding of the scriptures and as such cannot all be God's true Church right?

I will look to provide scripture proof latter and link them to this OP showing why I believe this way. I believe that God is calling his people where ever they may be, and from what ever Church they may be in, back to His Word. God is a Spirit and those who worship Him must worship Him in Spirit and in truth. God is calling His sheep out from following man-made teachings and traditions back to the pure Word of God.

Friendly discussion please. What are your thoughts?

God bless.
There are devout, faithful Christians all over the place.

There is One Church that does go all the way back to Peter. 2,000 years.

But in Heaven, everyone will be One. No divisions. No sects. No heresy. No confusions. No errors.

I also believe that God is calling everyone, everyone, who truly loves and follows His Son, back together. Everything is getting terribly messed up. But indications that God is urging us all to love each other in spite of differences, and sort through error to get back to Truth, are all over the place.

Protestant Bibles are gushing oil. Icons are streaming myrrh and olive oil.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married

Well, there are a few.

Everything is getting terribly messed up. But indications that God is urging us all to love each other in spite of differences, and sort through error to get back to Truth, are all over the place.
I hope that's so, but I like your attitude in any case.

• Friendly
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

But in Heaven, everyone will be One. No divisions. No sects. No heresy. No confusions. No errors.

I also believe that God is calling everyone, everyone, who truly loves and follows His Son, back together. Everything is getting terribly messed up. But indications that God is urging us all to love each other in spite of differences, and sort through error to get back to Truth, are all over the place.

Protestant Bibles are gushing oil. Icons are streaming myrrh and olive oil.

"Protestant Bibles are gushing oil. Icons are streaming myrrh and olive oil"?? What does that mean?

Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, there are a few.

I hope that's so, but I like your attitude in any case.
True, that. There are a few with genuine Apostolic Succession, that's very true.

I do feel that as things get worse, we will have to get braver. It's easy to be brave on-line. It's tougher to face down theological and moral error off-line.

"Protestant Bibles are gushing oil. Icons are streaming myrrh and olive oil"?? What does that mean?
That God is sending us signs. All of us.

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,178,560.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Protestant Bibles are gushing oil.
I'm pretty sure that was proven to be a fraud. One of the ministry leaders at the Church was buying gallons of mineral oil from the local tractor supply. The oil from the bible was found to be identical.

Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm pretty sure that was proven to be a fraud. One of the ministry leaders at the Church was buying gallons of mineral oil from the local tractor supply. The oil from the bible was found to be identical.
Thank you, Prodomos. I was really hoping that was real, though. Ah, well.

Reactions: prodromos
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟577,838.00
Faith
Christian
I have thought these thoughts but I am not going to follow it because I trust God and I believe anyway the church would not let me partake of their sacraments if I am going to church to maybe be convinced and not willing to judge others as needing to join for certain. I can go to their services to be convinced but not to partake of their sacraments but I don’t think their services will convince

I myself am not sure of the claim of true churches but I could accept maybe it is true and we should assume you need to be Orthodox or Catholic to walk a journey to eternal life and soul healing but I think Jesus is working to heal us who follow Christ I already feel Christ presence but I wonder about the experiences of the church if they are of Christ or not and I would go to their churches if I can find it and maybe I can participate in the churches and trust it but if it can not be proved to me I could be wrong but we should assume salvation is only in the church

Maybe some Protestants can prove such churches claims are wrong but as I do not know from them I think I should go to church. I don’t know if God wanted proof because He maybe did not want us judging other churches and forcing people to accept what is true for there would always be those who try to make their own interpretations to convince others theirs is the original apostolic belief and it started in the beginning because God knew it would happen afterwards so He wanted to be fair by allowing divisions to happen in the beginning as it would be most convincing and so that all should seek unity in the bible . But I don’t know so I thought I should assume salvation is only in the church. That may be the only way I can go to church. But I think it should not be that I have to hold I know salvation is only in the church but I am going to church to maybe be convinced but it is up to me if I want to trust the church for salvation. But if protestants can prove to me if God wants to allow to influence divisions from the other churches if that stumbles no one I could hear

Last edited:
Upvote 0