Apr 19, 2008
USA
✟14,334.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I'm so sad, so lonely.
Two years ago next Monday (20th) I lost the love of my life.
I long for companionship. But Mike's only been gone 2 years.
I feel very guilty for needing someone to be there for me. I loved Mike with all my heart. I still do. But no one has hugged me in 2 years. (My kids have autism, and do not like to be touched.)
What do I do? I'm overweight, out of shape, depressed, and do not believe in any intimacy before marriage. Who's going to want to be with me?

I'm fighting this, but right now, I'm barely holding my own. I thank God for His presence. It's the only thing keeping me going.

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I'm sorry for your loss. Would Mike have wanted this for you? I suppose that he would want you to be happy.

You have to fight it. People like to be around happy people. If you radiate that; people will be attracted to it. We all have things that might not be attractive to others; but love is blind to those things. Be happy in knowing that you are lovable.

Our heavenly father calls us to be joyful. Trust in him.

Upvote 0

Richard T

Mar 25, 2018
traveling Asia
✟69,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I'm sorry for your loss and the continuing pain and challenges that you face.

Other than the intimacy, the way you describe yourself is about half of America. So i would not let the disqualify you. Not having intimacy is what God will honor, so that is only going to be a help, not a hindrance. Do not let anyone ever tell you different either.

I think it is good to share your feelings sometimes, but I think you are only looking for another partner and I do not blame you, but that is not always how it works. Many are just looking for friendship to start things out, so you might have to dial some things back a bit. Just keep your eye on Jesus, there is so much going on, that perhaps you can lay your burdens down and find a new direction in Him? God knows all your needs and as you look to Him, you can certainly have your joy and peace restored. He may bring the right person straight away, or it might take some time, but either way, you are on the side of victory. I never would have thought my life would have changed so much either but with COVID I had to make quite a few adjustments. Now it is scary because my limited social lifestyle seems quite normal. God bless.

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,060.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are you in supportive fellowship?

The battle is not meant to be an individual sport.

Praying in agreement with others and loving support can effect rapid change for the better.

Upvote 0

Arc F1

Let the righteous man arise from slumber
Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm so sad, so lonely.
Two years ago next Monday (20th) I lost the love of my life.
I long for companionship. But Mike's only been gone 2 years.
I feel very guilty for needing someone to be there for me. I loved Mike with all my heart. I still do. But no one has hugged me in 2 years. (My kids have autism, and do not like to be touched.)
What do I do? I'm overweight, out of shape, depressed, and do not believe in any intimacy before marriage. Who's going to want to be with me?

I'm fighting this, but right now, I'm barely holding my own. I thank God for His presence. It's the only thing keeping me going.

I'm sorry to hear this. Loneliness is a tough thing to deal with. You asked "what do I do" but you already know. You answered it by stating that you aren't satisfied with your physical appearance. The confidence that you need has to start by fixing yourself. You aren't alone, we all need to work on ourselves. Start today by asking the Lord for help.

Upvote 0

Rachel20

May 30, 2020
STX
✟58,109.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm overweight, out of shape, depressed, and do not believe in any intimacy before marriage. Who's going to want to be with me?

If anyone rejects you for those things, are they the kind of person you would want to be with? Take your time & find the right person, I'm sure they're out there and just as lonely and looking for you. They may even be asking themselves who would want them?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I join in prayer for you. Stay close to the Lord by reading your Bible, and praying for everyone you know.

What you eat determines how you feel, so sugar and junk food will make you feel really bad. Watch YouTube videos on keto, it can transform you physically.

May the Lord bless you richly as you seek more of him in your life.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟951,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I'm sorry for your loss. There's nothing wrong with desiring a companion. I encourage you to take small steps towards self-care and better health. If depression is a hardship you may benefit from counseling or a support group. With time and constancy you'll develop a better outlook and be ready to consider suitors. In your current state, you may attract the wrong ones to your door. They'll see the need and loneliness and may exploit it.

Yours in His Service,

~Bella

Upvote 0