Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
I read a BBC article which said he is the first Muslim mayor in the EU, which I found a bit strange. I guess there just isn't many mayors in the EU. The UK has...three maybe? London, Liverpool and Bristol, with Manchester introducing one soon.

Londonistan has been used by kippers/right-wingers for quite a while.
I was told it should be called that because no one truly British lives there any more...of course, that was said mainly because the person had realised I live in London. People can be silly when it comes to the outrage train...

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟570,038.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
From what I understand, all the older more conservative, Englishmen, with their wives have mass migrated to Spain, and that the country is very liberal now.

They appear eager for change, and welcome all sorts of migrants in, begging for diversity and multiculturalism, and the media and the politicians are all on board.

How wonderful and awe inspiring that a nation is willing to sacrifice itself. Reminds me of Romeo and Juliet.

Upvote 0

Antigone

The Wrath of Whatever
Apr 20, 2006
De Boendoks
✟33,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
I read a BBC article which said he is the first Muslim mayor in the EU, which I found a bit strange. I guess there just isn't many mayors in the EU. The UK has...three maybe? London, Liverpool and Bristol, with Manchester introducing one.

Rotterdam is a fairly large city with a muslim mayor, Achmed Aboutaleb. I think the media meant first Capital city.

Upvote 0

Antigone

The Wrath of Whatever
Apr 20, 2006
De Boendoks
✟33,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Londonistan has been used by kippers/right-wingers for quite a while.
I was told it should be called that because no one truly British lives there any more...of course, that was said mainly because the person had realised I live in London. People can be silly when it comes to the outrage train...

Well, I've been to Harrods. It's basically Burqa Central. The rest,,not so much.

Upvote 0

Antigone

The Wrath of Whatever
Apr 20, 2006
De Boendoks
✟33,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Honestly, is there any Muslim country that any of us here would want to live in? For me, the answer is no.

Nope. But then I wouldn't want to live in America either.
We almost moved to Saudi Arabia when I was a kid. Dad chickened out at the last minute. Also, I hear Tangiers is nice.

Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

Unchanging Deposit of Faith, Traditional Catholic
May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Nope. But then I wouldn't want to live in America either.
We almost moved to Saudi Arabia when I was a kid. Dad chickened out at the last minute. Also, I hear Tangiers is nice.
In the United States, we now have the HHS mandate which is sort of like the jizya.

But it hasn't gotten as bad here as Saudi Arabia (at least not yet).

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟346,515.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
From what I understand, all the older more conservative, Englishmen, with their wives have mass migrated to Spain, and that the country is very liberal now.

They appear eager for change, and welcome all sorts of migrants in, begging for diversity and multiculturalism, and the media and the politicians are all on board.

How wonderful and awe inspiring that a nation is willing to sacrifice itself. Reminds me of Romeo and Juliet.
Except Mr. Khan was born in London and his family were British Pakistanis.

Reactions: Cearbhall
Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

Unchanging Deposit of Faith, Traditional Catholic
May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Except Mr. Khan was born in London and his family were British Pakistanis.
The same is true for some Muslims who left Great Britain to join ISIS. But I'm not accusing the new mayor of that. I'm just saying that your point doesn't guarantee anything.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟570,038.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's only a matter of time before England institutes Islamic law.

It was so nice of them to hand over their country without as much as a squeak. Heck, they even smiled while it happened.

Upvote 0

Antigone

The Wrath of Whatever
Apr 20, 2006
De Boendoks
✟33,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Hey, I'm no expert. I've been there so many times I've lost count, though, and I can tell you this: if Isis put more than two or three people in London they're going to bankrupt themselves.

Great city, though, full of little idiosyncracies. Each to his own, but few things are as uplifting to me as standing on Hungerford Bridge watching the sun sink into the Thames, or stocking up on Indian herbs and spices in backwater Shoreditch or getting Ethiopian food from Greenwich Market and eating it while working on my tan in the naval college gardens while listening to the students of the Trinity Conservatoire practice their music. I love that city. If I had an eight-figure number in my bank account I'd live there in a heartbeat.

But eight figures barely puts you on the property market there, so to speak. The worst thing that's happened to London in the past decade isn't Islamisation, it's gentrification.

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟346,515.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
The same is true for some Muslims who left Great Britain to join ISIS. But I'm not accusing the new mayor of that. I'm just saying that your point doesn't guarantee anything.
I was just pointing out that your rant about immigration and multiculturalism really doesn't apply.

Reactions: Cearbhall
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The Muslims are coming .....

The ice age is coming, the sun is zooming in
Engines stop running, the wheat is growin' thin
A nuclear era, but I have no fear
'Cause London is drowning, and I, I live by the river

Good jam!!!

Upvote 0

Genersis

Person of Disinterest
Sep 26, 2011
London
✟38,690.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
Good jam!!!
IDShot_225x225.jpg

Upvote 0

MoonlessNight

Fides et Ratio
Sep 16, 2003
✟63,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
This thread is no longer showing up for me in the Politics forum, though it does show up in the "Latest:" link next to the forum title. All the other forums seem to load correctly.

Anyone else having the same issue?

EDIT: Was the opening post deleted? Is that the cause of the issue?

Upvote 0