1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. We are holding our 2022 Angel Ministry Drive now. Please consider signing up, or if you have any questions about being an Angel, use our staff application form. The world needs more prayer now, and it is a great way to help other members of the forums. :) To Apply...click here

So, just what was the Buffalo shooter's political ideology? [in his own words]

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by NightHawkeye, May 16, 2022.

1. ottawak

ottawak Well-Known Member

+723
    United States
    Episcopalian
    Married
    Do you defend the views of this person of influence or just their lack of influence on the thinking of the shooter?

But if you read the manifesto you will learn that the shooter invokes a particular political theory and uses the name for it popularized by the person of influence. How might he have learned this other than from the person of influence or one of his acolytes?

Last edited: May 22, 2022
  2. grasping the after wind

grasping the after wind That's grasping after the wind

+6,124
    Lutheran
    Married
    US-Others
    I am not going to defend anyone's views other than my own. Even if i was disposed to defend someone else's views, how could i possibly do so when I haven't actually heard the person express his views. I would be disposed to question whether the person of influence has actually expressed whatever views he has in the way that people have interpreted them to me in this thread as well as how much the deranged young man was influenced by the person of influence and how much the views expressed by the person of influence caused the deranged young man to act so horrendously. I think there is too much speculation and assuming going on and too little actual knowledge to conclude what is being concluded. I haven't read the "manifesto". I do not know if the deranged young man ever even heard of the person of influence. Nor do I have first-hand knowledge of who or what the deranged young man has actually said influenced him. All I have access to is the interpretations of those that claim to have read it. I also don't even know the actual views of the person of influence. I have only heard people tell me what they say the person of influence's views are. I am skeptical that many of them have actually heard the person of influence state his views. I suspect that most people jumping to these conclusions are doing so because they have been influenced by the views of some other people of influence that they trust.

3. ottawak

+723
    United States
    Episcopalian
    Married
    Then you don't have all of the information which leads us to conclude that the shooter was likely influenced by the person of influence. But you are right. We can't know for certain. The political theory in question is widely held in conservative circles and the shooter may well have heard about it from someone else. It's just that the person of influence has done more to spread and popularize this theory amongst ordinary citizens than anyone else.

Easy enough to check--he's on TV every night. All of us have watched him at one time or another.

4. grasping the after wind

grasping the after wind That's grasping after the wind

+6,124
    Lutheran
    Married
    US-Others

Where are these conservative circles that you frequent? I would like to go there and hear for myself how they express their theory rather than trust that I might be influenced by someone that might tend to demonize conservatives telling me what conservatives mean when they say something.

I have never heard the theory in question expressed by this person of influence so he must at sometimes say other things. I will endeavor to search out the theory in question.

5. ottawak

+723
    United States
    Episcopalian
    Married
    Here are a few names for you:
    "J.D. Vance, the Republican nominee for Senate in Ohio, told Fox News that Democrats "have decided that they can't win reelection in 2022 unless they bring in a large number of new voters to replace the voters that are already here." In Arizona, GOP Senate candidate Blake Masters said Democrats wanted to increase immigration "to change the demographics of our country." Missouri’s Republican state Attorney General Eric Schmitt, who is running for Senate, also accused Democrats of "fundamentally trying to change the country" through immigration."

https://www.usnews.com/news/the-rep...lican-embrace-of-the-great-replacement-theory

Sure. The person of influence is a political commentator who covers a variety of subjects from nght to night.

6. JustOneWay

JustOneWay :)

+7,372
    Lutheran
    Private
    That is on the uptick here as well. This city is a welcoming city, and has taken in African and Afghanistan refugees. I completely approve. I love people, and I despise racism.

7. Aldebaran

Aldebaran K' Tinga Staff Member Hands-on Trainee Supporter

+10,646
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Considering what their parents were willing to do, what kind of values do you expect them to teach their kids. Like father, like son.

8. ottawak

+723
    United States
    Episcopalian
    Married
    In the list of seriousness of criminal offenses, crossing the border ranks about with a speeding ticket. Do people who have had a speeding ticket teach their kids bad values? There sure are a lot of them. If you came in on a visa it's not even a criminal offense. You seem to think of crossing the border illegally as some sort of monstously heinous crime which destroys all moral compass. I don't see why, but if you want economic migration treated more severely, made a felony, for instance--go to work to change the law.

But where are you now? Economic migrant or asylum seeker? Their legal statuses are different. Just now you were complaining about economic migrants, but conservatives seem to be mostly concerned with asylum seekers.

Last edited: May 22, 2022
  9. Aldebaran

+10,646
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Nice smokescreen, but easy enough to see through.
    Crossing the border by wading through the Rio Grande, then dodging Border Patrol is just the beginning. To get employment or much of anything else, it will be necessary to have a Social Security number and an ID. Time to steal a real American's SS number. Next stop, a good counterfeit ID maker. After all, he had to dump his ID on the other side of the border so nobody on this side would know who he really is. And his kid? He probably won't have to worry about teaching him anything at all. Just send him back to the human trafficker that loaned him the kid to make border crossing easier.

10. Eight Foot Manchild

Eight Foot Manchild His Supreme Holy Correctfulness

+1,517
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    I have good news: your concern isn't predicated on reality.

By any fair and meaningful measure that can be objectively quantified - such as, rates of violent and property crime - illegal immigrants are fine people, by and large. They are also a net benefit to the economy.

So, you can stop worrying now.

11. ottawak

+723
    United States
    Episcopalian
    Married
    Frequently provided by his employer.
    Why bother? Everybody will know who he is. I'm a workforce trainer who generally works in manufacturing plants. I worked in a large plant one time with many hispanics and they all had names like Ed Brown and George Smith--I even had a Conway Twitty once--but by the end of the training they would have all reverted to their regular names that I knew them by, Jose, Flaco, etc. and I would have to give the training report to the HR department to figure out who was who. :D

Having a kid along makes it much more difficult for the economic migrant. It might be a smoke screen for an asylum seeker, but one fairly easy to see through.

12. Aldebaran

+10,646
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Sorry to inform you: The Board of Disinformation has been squashed.

The last time someone said they were "fine people" they were portrayed as supporting something undesirable. Are you supporting drug/human trafficking and the smuggling of Fentanyl into this country?

I will when immigration law starts being enforced, the Border Patrol gets all they need to do their jobs, and the wall starts being built again.

13. Eight Foot Manchild

+1,517
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    What a bizarre non-sequitor.

They're doing fine. And the problem they're put in place to curb isn't particularly harmful in the first place. In fact, it's a net gain for the country.

I prefer to direct my worry toward actual problems. But you do you.

Never happening. So, have fun living in needless fear the rest of your life, I suppose.

14. Aldebaran

+10,646
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
  15. BPPLEE

BPPLEE Well-Known Member

+1,063
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Whatever that is.

16. Eight Foot Manchild

+1,517
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
  17. ottawak

+723
    United States
    Episcopalian
    Married
    Which do you want? A secure border or a useless wall as a political statement?

18. BPPLEE

BPPLEE Well-Known Member

+1,063
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Then the government should give them all an electric vehicle and they can be Uber drivers it will be cheaper than buying gas.3 problems solved and we save the planet. A win for everyone.

19. ottawak

+723
    United States
    Episcopalian
    Married
  20. BPPLEE

BPPLEE Well-Known Member

+1,063
    United States
    Christian
    Married