so, Jehovah's Witnesses came to my door....

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,463,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
So am I.
I remember how I sew their theology together with that of Arius among a few other heresies of the early church last time they were at my door.
I let them inside playing curious and everything :eek:

They left an hour later with a refreshment on church history and well aware of their heresy.
I believe I spent 30 minutes explaining them why Arianiaism is heresy by lecturing them about Athanasius' theology.

Needless to say I dont expect to see them again in quite some time.
^_^

yeah, I asked if annihilation is true, why did Christ say it would have been better for Judas to have never been born, seeing as how he is in the same state of non-existence?

Upvote 0

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Jesus Christ today, yesterday and forever!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
yeah, I asked if annihilation is true, why did Christ say it would have been better for Judas to have never been born, seeing as how he is in the same state of non-existence?

Yes and how about the Gospel of John?
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. 5 And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not a comprehend it.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,463,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Yes and how about the Gospel of John?
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. 5 And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not a comprehend it.

you can't use that one. they have their own translation they insist is true, even though Greek says otherwise. you gotta snag them within their translation.

Upvote 0

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
you can't use that one. they have their own translation they insist is true, even though Greek says otherwise. you gotta snag them within their translation.

Oh, but the joy :)
Then I get to preach about bible translations, the new world is a joke and it's really joyful to point its errors out to them :D

Nah, but seriously as father in the Russian church told me it's useless to preach to them.
They'll only go back to their church and inprent more of the same. They're not genuine.
Its the all sectarianism.

Upvote 0

TheLostCoin

A Lonesome Coin
Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2016
Ohio
✟234,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

Reactions: ArmyMatt
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
Its the same thing with pentecostals where I live aswell. They have their own pentecostal translations of scripture and study bibles.
Its difficult to discuss theology when they adhere to their own and sometimes highly erroneous translation of holy scripture.

Upvote 0

KisKatte

Jesus, send us your Holy Spirit.
Feb 1, 2020
Karlsruhe
✟52,937.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
Dear Father @ArmyMatt I do not know If I had success. But there was a time when women from these JV witnesses were standing every day near the subway. Once a women stood there alone and talked to me. She said if I do not join I will be killed for ever. (like she believed and some of them believed). I told her that she was lied to and that if she does not join orthodox church she will be worse than killed for ever, she will receive a for ever hell. This anxiety put her forward to ask me what is orthodox and where she can find a church. I told her where to find a church , our parish, and said she can talk to a priest after service. I did not know if this "joke" was a good idea but I just trusted that if she ever findes her way to our parish that the priest will impress her. I really little ashamed but I had to say this to her because she was really in error. And I also explained that our God is graceful and will treat her good if she joins. And that she never knows which accidents in life she avoids during joining our church.

Well it was not nice from me but this anxiety really made her curious, she never heard of our church. I still do not know if she ever gone to our parish. I never saw her again.

Upvote 0

KisKatte

Feb 1, 2020
Karlsruhe
✟52,937.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
From time to time I am still laughing about this situation with her. It is not funny but I was in crisis myself with my sins and knew I could go to hell. And I was so curageous with these witnesses, I simply did it with her. I was in this mood. So still sometimes I can not stop me from laughing.

Upvote 0

KisKatte

Feb 1, 2020
Karlsruhe
✟52,937.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
ugh maybe I should confess this. Maybe instead I should have meet her with christian love to tell her about God's grace? Well I did not feel nothing from God's grace myself at this particular moment. I was really afraid to be abandonned by God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,463,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Dear Father @ArmyMatt I do not know If I had success. But there was a time when women from these JV witnesses were standing every day near the subway. Once a women stood there alone and talked to me. She said if I do not join I will be killed for ever. (like she believed and some of them believed). I told her that she was lied to and that if she does not join orthodox church she will be worse than killed for ever, she will receive a for ever hell. This anxiety put her forward to ask me what is orthodox and where she can find a church. I told her where to find a church , our parish, and said she can talk to a priest after service. I did not know if this "joke" was a good idea but I just trusted that if she ever findes her way to our parish that the priest will impress her. I really little ashamed but I had to say this to her because she was really in error. And I also explained that our God is graceful and will treat her good if she joins. And that she never knows which accidents in life she avoids during joining our church.

Well it was not nice from me but this anxiety really made her curious, she never heard of our church. I still do not know if she ever gone to our parish. I never saw her again.

may it bear good fruit!

Upvote 0