• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

So i've found a crucifix relic i guess

Discussion in 'OBOB General Politics Forum' started by Paola Liseno, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Paola Liseno

Paola Liseno New Member

+3
    Barbados
    Christian
    Single
    Ey guys it is me Paola, so i was in my basement yesterday and i found this crucifix hidden inside an old closet...

It has som relics inside it i guess, there are names with som stuff attached near them, like here for example i can read: "S. Antonio" with som brown hairy stuff attached near it...

What should i do with it? How did it go inside my basement? None of my family is a preist or something like that.Was it stolen then?
    Is it legal to have one of these? What should i do?

Also the glass that conteins the relics is a little broken....
    Let me know pls thanks

Attached Files:

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Michie

Michie Human rights begin in the womb. Supporter

+29,228
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    I’m going to call @Davidnic for you Paola. If you do not want it, please donate it to your Church.

You might be interested in reading this as well.

Relics

3. Paola Liseno

Paola Liseno New Member

+3
    Barbados
    Christian
    Single
    The fact is that i was worried, since my mother told me about som curses of black magic and such, done with human bones and things that belonged to the dead, so i don't know if those things are cursed or if they belonged to someone that was bad or something like that...

Also the glass is shattered, so it could've been comrpomised with different bones,hairs and such....
    mom told me this item was bought by my uncle (died som time ago), but i don't know where he bought this item and for how much

4. Michie

+29,228
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Please remember this is a sacramental. God’s power is above any evil power. Greater is He than is within us that is in the world. :) hand on to it and if you decide to part with it, give it to your local Catholic Church. There is nothing to fear.

5. Paola Liseno

Paola Liseno New Member

+3
    Barbados
    Christian
    Single
    Allright... So you can buy those things at any stores?

6. Michie

+29,228
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Usually a Catholic source, fourth class relics. No bones or anything. The Church usually has the first class relics.

7. Paola Liseno

Paola Liseno New Member

+3
    Barbados
    Christian
    Single
    Right got it, so this is a second class relic? Anyway wanted to know the date of this relic, will i be able to do that?
    Im getting curious now xd, i'll bring it to a church and see what they say tio me but i think i'll probably give it to them

8. Michie

+29,228
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    I don’t know what the status of the relic is but I’m betting third or fourth? What was written in it?

9. Davidnic

Davidnic Well-Known Member Staff Member Site Advisor Supporter

+10,738
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-American-Solidarity
    Relic objects like that are legal. It does not look like it contains a first class relic. Let me look at the pictures.

10. Davidnic

Davidnic Well-Known Member Staff Member Site Advisor Supporter

+10,738
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-American-Solidarity
    So I would say third class.

Like Michie says if you don't want it donate it to your Church. It's a pretty piece.