Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Have you ever attended a March for Life? I have not, but I hope to next year! Next year will be the 50th Anniversary for March for Life in Washington, DC.

I watched the event online, and it was so inspiring....I cried lots of tears, listening to the various testimonies of people who were faced with the decision, to CHOOSE LIFE or DEATH for their Baby.

One of the most inspiring was the 36 year old woman who was a Down Syndrome Baby. The accomplishments she has made in her life! And yet there are many who think she should have been murdered.

I hope you all are as inspired as I was, and as hopeful as I am that this Summer, the Supreme Court will make their voices heard on the side of LIFE!

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
One of the most inspiring was the 36 year old woman who was a Down Syndrome Baby. The accomplishments she has made in her life! And yet there are many who think she should have been murdered.

It's not up to other people to decide for a mom if she is capable
of having a child. I attended college with scores of disabled students.
Some were capable of raising children, others were not. Most did not
have a condition that would be passed to offspring, some did.

As parents, we can't let others decide for us.

But here is hope. Thanks to technology, in the future every fertilized egg
will be capable of life in an artificial womb. Then Pro-Life advocates will
be able to save every egg from death and we will finally have correct
population growth above 10 times current levels. At least triple current rates.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

The Narrow Way

Master Herbalist
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2011
Ohio
Visit site
✟150,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's not up to other people to decide for a mom if she is capable
of having a child. I attended college with scores of disabled students.
Some were capable of raising children, others were not. Most did not
have a condition that would be passed to offspring, some did.

As parents, we can't let others decide for us.

But here is hope. Thanks to technology, in the future every fertilized egg
will be capable of life in an artificial womb. Then Pro-Life advocates will
be able to save every egg from death and we will finally have correct
population growth above 10 times current levels. At least triple current rates.
Perhaps you misunderstood me...the 36 year old was not a mother, she was a Down Syndrome Baby who her parents knew she was disabled when her mother was 5 months along, and they STILL choose to carry her full term....

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Perhaps you misunderstood me...the 36 year old was not a mother, she was a Down Syndrome Baby who her parents knew she was disabled when her mother was 5 months along, and they STILL choose to carry her full term....
Thank you. Yes, it is the parents decision as you say.
It's not a decision open to the public. Is it ever?
Do we ever consult the public for this decision?
Have you ever asked the public for this type of decision?
How would that work? Is it possible to ask others?

Upvote 0

The Narrow Way

Master Herbalist
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2011
Ohio
Visit site
✟150,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thank you. Yes, it is the parents decision as you say.
It's not a decision open to the public. Is it ever?
Do we ever consult the public for this decision?
Have you ever asked the public for this type of decision?
How would that work? Is it possible to ask others?
No, I don't believe it is a decision anyone other than the parents are qualified to make.
No, I'd never ask the public for this type of decision.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No, I don't believe it is a decision anyone other than the parents are qualified to make.
No, I'd never ask the public for this type of decision.
Right. I don't even know how it would be accomplished.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
how about choosing ALWAYS to carry the baby
there are many couples waiting to adopt babies
Except for special needs kids who have a long and lonely wait for adoption.

Each state has a waiting list for adoption of about 3000 kids.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mama2one

Apr 8, 2018
U.S.A.
✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Except for special needs kids who have a long and lonely wait for adoption.
Each state has a waiting list for adoption of about 3000 kids.

when we were waiting to adopt, we looked at the list of available children from foster care in our state

there were NO children available for adoption under the age of 10!
all the young children were already spoken for in the foster-to-adopt program

the list was also long at all the local adoption agencies
we wished to adopt a young child so we turned to int'l adoption...we still ended up waiting over 4 yrs

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
when we were waiting to adopt, we looked at the list of available children from foster care in our state there were NO children available for adoption under the age of 10! All the young children were already spoken for in the foster-to-adopt program the list was also long at all the local adoption agencies. We wished to adopt a young child so we turned to int'l adoption...we still ended up waiting over 4 yrs

On the March to Life video I watched yesterday they said there is a WAITING LIST for those wanting to adopt Down Syndrome babies

Can you explain to me why they did not give you the number of older children waiting for adoption?
Try to explain it compassionately from the child's viewpoint.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
when we were waiting to adopt, we looked at the list of available children from foster care in our statethere were NO children available for adoption under the age of 10! All the young children were already spoken for in the foster-to-adopt program
the list was also long at all the local adoption agencies we wished to adopt a young child so we turned to int'l adoption...we still ended up waiting over 4 yrs

So there is no list of 3000 kids waiting for adoption in your state? Which state is that? I'll check the numbers for you.

Upvote 0

The Narrow Way

Master Herbalist
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2011
Ohio
Visit site
✟150,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Can you explain to me why they did not give you the number of older children waiting for adoption?
I cannot...that is very sad.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Vesper_Jaye✝️

Truth-Seeker
Dec 29, 2021
the Kingdom of God
✟19,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Can’t really explain it compassionately but -
People want younger kids for a lot of reasons - they don’t trust older kids around their younger kids, they don’t get as much time with older kids, they assume older kids will have more issues, they don’t want to pay for an older kid’s college, and other reasons.
Kids adopted through foster care supposedly get two free years of college. That was a lie. Also, kids lose their Medicaid as soon as they turn 18. If that changed, it would help.
I plan on fostering and adopting when I’m older, and hopefully I’ll be able to foster a few older kids.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Can’t really explain it compassionately but -People want younger kids for a lot of reasons - they don’t trust older kids around their younger kids, they don’t get as much time with older kids, they assume older kids will have more issues, they don’t want to pay for an older kid’s college, and other reasons.
Kids adopted through foster care supposedly get two free years of college. That was a lie. Also, kids lose their Medicaid as soon as they turn 18. If that changed, it would help.
I plan on fostering and adopting when I’m older, and hopefully I’ll be able to foster a few older kids.

So the March for Life did not explain that thousand of kids are waiting for adoption.
I think we need to question that source of information.
It sounds to me like March for Life doesn't give a rats tail about kids.
Of the 400,000 children in foster care, approximately 117,000 are waiting to be adopted.
Does this not sound like it should be a prerequisite for Pro-Life advocates?

Home - March for Life
The right to life is a human right. Our defense of that right is a joyful witness to the beauty and dignity of every human person.

The March for Life is an inspiring, peaceful, vibrant, and joy-filled rally of women, men, young people, and children from all across the country. Every year, tens of thousands of pro-lifers converge on the National Mall and march on Capitol Hill on the anniversary of the Supreme Court’s 1973 Roe v. Wade ruling which legalized abortion in all 50 states. It’s the largest annual human rights demonstration in the world. But this is not just a protest… TOGETHER, WE GATHER TO CELEBRATE LIFE. We celebrate each and every life, from the moment of conception. We envision a world where every life is celebrated, valued, and protected.TOGETHER, WE GATHER TO CELEBRATE LIFE We celebrate life from the moment of conception to the moment of natural death, and every moment in between.
We envision a world where these moments are celebrated, valued, and protected by everybody—both in the private sector and in the public sphere.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mama2one

Apr 8, 2018
U.S.A.
✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

when we looked at the list & saw NO children under the age of 10 avail for adoption, I did inquire about a 10 yr old

at that point, our social worker discouraged us away from foster care children; she said there were so many stories she could tell

as First Time parents, our agency also discouraged us away from special needs children

we adopted from a non-special needs program

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mama2one

Apr 8, 2018
U.S.A.
✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
we later learned, ALL children avail for adoption have special needs

trauma of losing birth parents/neglect/identity issues, etc
all require an extra layer of parenting

but like I said earlier, people should carry children to term as there are prospective adoptive parents waiting to adopt babies

more parents avail than babies avail...we found that out by the long lists at agencies that handle baby adoptions

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟946,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Most people want babies. Working with pregnant moms is big business. Fees were $35-45K when I looked years ago. International adoptions are more expensive. You can get a newborn if you have the means. Private adoptions still occur.

Many agencies have age restrictions. Forty to forty-five is usually the cap.

My aunt was a foster parent and raised four children. The state honored her when she died with a public tribute. Hundreds passed through their home. Some they had from infancy. A few parents returned years later (10+). It was very traumatic.

There’s a lot of restrictions. They had to make special arrangements to travel. It’s a lot of responsibility but rewarding too.

~bella

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: SkyWriting
Upvote 0