Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Is that the one with Marlin Brando or is it a new version. I take it you like it, lol
No I do not like it. I tried. It was the original with Marlon Brando. Just such a very depressing movie.

Upvote 0

Michie

Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,583,394.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So why then? Are you out of movies?
You should watch the Christian movie channel. It has some really good movies. Positivetv On the Tbn conglomerate.
I’m on Satellite. I don’t get it. I think you misunderstood, I watch it because it is written by Tennessee Williams. And I want to make sure I’m not missing something I am supposed to catch. I understand it just fine, I just do not like it. It’s terribly depressing. I’m an old movie buff so I wanted to make sure I was not sloughing anything off and simply dismissing it. It’s a thing I have with both books and movies. I like to make sure I understand something when it comes to art before dismissing it. But sadly, regardless of the character study on mental illness, abuse, etc., still do not like it and have dismissed it as something I simply do not like.

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟340,574.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I’m on Satellite. I don’t get it. I think you misunderstood, I watch it because it is written by Tennessee Williams. And I want to make sure I’m not missing something I am supposed to catch. I understand it just fine, I just do not like it. It’s terribly depressing. I’m an old movie buff so I wanted to make sure I was not sloughing anything off and simply dismissing it. It’s a thing I have with both books and movies. I like to make sure I understand something when it comes to art before dismissing it. But sadly, regardless of the character study on mental illness, abuse, etc., still do not like it and have dismissed it as something I simply do not like.
I think that's okay. Overall I didn't care for it but I did like Marlins acting in it.
Have you seen life of pi? still have a very hard time with the ending and I haven't seen it for over a year. I wanted so for the movie maker to change the ending, it still brings tears, it could have easily been an optimistic ending. sigh.
I love the movie and would watch it numerous if it wasn't for the ending.

Upvote 0

Michie

Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,583,394.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think that's okay. Overall I didn't care for it but I did like Marlins acting in it.
Have you seen life of pi? still have a very hard time with the ending and I haven't seen it for over a year. I wanted so for the movie maker to change the ending, it still brings tears, it could have easily been an optimistic ending. sigh.
I love the movie and would watch it numerous if it wasn't for the ending.
Oh I hated his character in it. Never seen The Life of Pi. Heard too much about it. I’m not interested in watching it for those reasons.

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟340,574.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I didn't like his character but I thought he played it well.
I thought Life of pi was the best movie I had seen in years except for the ending. I think they would have had a much bigger audience had they showed a little hope in the end.
TC

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums