So I opted not to post this in Reddit.com, but God gets me high!

GoodNewsJim

Senior Veteran
Aug 2, 2006
Visit site
✟20,152.00
Faith
Presbyterian
So the goal in life is to be good and loving to others. If you have a good group of people around you as friends and family, life can be quite good. We're supposed to love everyone, but we're not to make friends with everyone! Proverbs 1 is clear on that.

God also wants us to share Jesus along with being loving and helpful. So I got some success online, and that makes me happy. I'm basically in a position where I'm doing what I can for the Good News.

This essentially means I am successfully maximizing life. Some people understand what I mean even if they're not Christian. The notion to maximize life is something some people try to do or they're not happy at all. Since it is a nebulous concept, some people who are doing really great, but not the maximum are discontented.

With God, if you combine two great concepts: Eternal life after you die, and humble servitude, you don't need to even maximize life.

In fact, we're just to do what we can as it comes to us and help others whether we do a little or we do a lot. Humble servitude means you might be a CEO of a great corporation, but if your mom asks you to wash her dishes, you do it. We're not to think of ourselves as so great that we're above trivial duties. So whatever we're doing, we should feel happy because we should be content doing what God wants us to do.

Eternal life is the concept that you don't have to super enjoy yourself on Earth, because the best is yet to come anyway. Earth isn't a place where you either have a great life or you have an awful life, and it is over. Eternal life means this thing keeps rolling. So you don't need to think of living in the fast lane. You can chill out and go at your own pace, always showing love to everyone you meet. For after all, love is the only thing that carries over to the next life for certain.

So with God, you don't need to maximize life at all to be happy. I feel like I'm doing good, and I have no health problems. I think as disciples who want to share the Good News, a part of us really wants to shine the light as brightly as we can. You know, to get it out there to as many people as we can. Once you have your own life under control, you want to help others. I may not be maximizing my impact for the Good News, but I strategize and keep trying day after day.

So because I don't need to maximize life to be happy because I'm a Christian as we covered in,'Eternal Life and Humble Duties', I should be feelin pretty good to begin with. But since I have a great deal of love surrounding me, my health, and doing things for the Kingdom, I feel really great.

I didn't post this in Reddit.com because I don't want people thinking I'm bragging, and thus get negative votes and have people thinking negative of me. I feel so high now. I was trembling earlier at how happy I was. It is all because of God.