✟9,964.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
:sorry:

...and while I am trying not to be scared out of my mind... I really have no idea what's going to happen to me. But I found these verses very comforting, and I hope that, whatever you are going through, you will put it in the Lord's hands as well.

Love you all,:hug:
<3 Kati

1. Jesus instructs us not to worry about tomorrow; about food, clothing, ect.
  • "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? "And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own" (Matthew 6:25-34).
2. Take one day at a time, and don't borrow trouble.
  • "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own" (Matthew 6:34).
3. Don't be anxious, but pray.
  • "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus" (Philippians 4:6-7).
4. Cast all your anxiety on the Lord.
  • "Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. 7 Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you" (1 Peter 5:6-7).
5. Anxiety weighs a person down.
  • "An anxious heart weighs a man down, but a kind word cheers him up" (Proverbs 12:25).
  • "A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones" (Proverbs 17:22).

CoachR64

Awesome, with a side order of amazing
Jul 2, 2007
Oklahoma City, OK
✟25,977.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Let me give you some advice. My buddy made this mistake when he went to court over a car wreck dispute. The judge too offense and was against him the entire time after he said it.....

There was no "cop" there. The gentlemen is a police officer or a law enforcement officer. Appearently, calling them "cops" is an insult as it is not the proper term.

I know it seems minor, but every little bit helps.

Coach

Upvote 0

gottabemore2life

Princess - Just a Little Girl
Nov 8, 2007
Home
✟9,964.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Let me give you some advice. My buddy made this mistake when he went to court over a car wreck dispute. The judge too offense and was against him the entire time after he said it.....

There was no "cop" there. The gentlemen is a police officer or a law enforcement officer. Appearently, calling them "cops" is an insult as it is not the proper term.

Coach

Haha, thanks for the warning :thumbsup: I plan to be very upfront and honest. I messed up and I am ready to deal with the consequences.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CrusaderKing

Senior Veteran
Aug 24, 2006
United States
✟24,759.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

...and while I am trying not to be scared out of my mind... I really have no idea what's going to happen to me.

I've been in those shoes before and I know what it's like. My nerves were completely shot that morning. I hope things go well for you.

Upvote 0

TwistTim

Whimsical, Witty, Wacky, Waiting, Wise Guy
Jan 27, 2007
Ork
✟22,644.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution

Coach
that's because Cop is the shorted form of Copper.... a slang from Criminals as an insult to an Officer....

it's an odd thing, but it's a universal thing... always address the responder from the Police as an Officer not a Cop,
it's a sign of respect to know the right title to use and to use it.... like Your Honor instead of "Yo, Dude" (Seen that on one of those court TV shows)

back to the OP, Kati, relax, make sure you get enough sleep, make sure you have your facts straight and in order, speak with as much confidence as you can muster, and be respectful towards all the other parties.... espically if they try to malign you, by not stooping to their level, but waiting your turn to object to statements, you will show that you are the level headed one, and by assuming your part of the guilt, you will impress the Judge, as most who are guilty try to deny it or suppress it....

so go forth, be an honest witness, and pray for the mercy of the court.

Upvote 0

fishin4christ

The Fisherman
Dec 17, 2007
Georgia
✟23,940.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

...and while I am trying not to be scared out of my mind... I really have no idea what's going to happen to me. But I found these verses very comforting, and I hope that, whatever you are going through, you will put it in the Lord's hands as well.

Love you all,:hug:
<3 Kati

1. Jesus instructs us not to worry about tomorrow; about food, clothing, ect.
  • "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? "And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? So do not worry, saying, &#8216;What shall we eat?&#8217; or &#8216;What shall we drink?&#8217; or &#8216;What shall we wear?&#8217; For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own" (Matthew 6:25-34).
2. Take one day at a time, and don't borrow trouble.
  • "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own" (Matthew 6:34).
3. Don't be anxious, but pray.
  • "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus" (Philippians 4:6-7).
4. Cast all your anxiety on the Lord.
  • "Humble yourselves, therefore, under God&#8217;s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. 7 Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you" (1 Peter 5:6-7).
5. Anxiety weighs a person down.
  • "An anxious heart weighs a man down, but a kind word cheers him up" (Proverbs 12:25).
  • "A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones" (Proverbs 17:22).
:thumbsup: Those are great verses ! I hope everything goes well tomorrow and I will definitely be praying for you !! :hug::pray:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GuacaMolly

Nov 1, 2007
Dallas
✟10,930.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Kati, I don't have any sage advice, just empathy. Just the thought of traffic court gives me hives. The only reason I didn't get hauled off to jail on graduation is because the sheriff knew me and cut me some slack.

One of those times I was SO thankful for living in a small town...... :sorry:

Upvote 0

CoachR64

Awesome, with a side order of amazing
Jul 2, 2007
Oklahoma City, OK
✟25,977.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Make sure you write your name in your underwear. You don't want your future cell mates taking them from you.

Time to learn how to make a toothbrush into a shank!

I am just kidding. I wish you the best of luck.

Coach

Upvote 0