Midwest
✟15,449.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hey there, I recently found this site while trying to think and research about the dream I recently (last night). I've been trying to make sense of it and wrap my head around what I experienced. Like I said, this happened last night.

I was dreaming and this figure came up to me. As the figure got closer, I knew exactly who it was. It was Jesus. He asked me just one question, he asked: "Do you believe that I died on the cross for your sins?"

I said: "Yes of course I do!" and he smiled when I answered he smiled. When he smiled I felt so compelled to hug Him, and I did.

The dream lasted about 30 seconds in my perception of time. When I woke up, the only dream I remembered was that one. I've never experienced anything like this or have ever had a dream about Jesus in my 22 years of existence on Earth. I've never had anything remotely even close to this occur.

That night before I went to sleep I was a little stressed and worried (and a bit scared) with the major risks I'm taking career wise. This was because of the path I've taken on my career and changing my major at university recently because I've felt like I was being called to do something else with my life. I've had people tell me I'm making a huge mistake with my choice to change my career and that I could possibly be ruining my life with my decision to change my major.

I'm not entirely sure what to think, just need some advice.

Reactions: Halbhh

royal priest

debtor to grace
Nov 1, 2015
Northeast, USA
✟181,424.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Hey there, I recently found this site while trying to think and research about the dream I recently (last night). I've been trying to make sense of it and wrap my head around what I experienced. Like I said, this happened last night.

I was dreaming and this figure came up to me. As the figure got closer, I knew exactly who it was. It was Jesus. He asked me just one question, he asked: "Do you believe that I died on the cross for your sins?"

I said: "Yes of course I do!" and he smiled when I answered he smiled. When he smiled I felt so compelled to hug Him, and I did.

The dream lasted about 30 seconds in my perception of time. When I woke up, the only dream I remembered was that one. I've never experienced anything like this or have ever had a dream about Jesus in my 22 years of existence on Earth. I've never had anything remotely even close to this occur.

That night before I went to sleep I was a little stressed and worried (and a bit scared) with the major risks I'm taking career wise. This was because of the path I've taken on my career and changing my major at university recently because I've felt like I was being called to do something else with my life. I've had people tell me I'm making a huge mistake with my choice to change my career and that I could possibly be ruining my life with my decision to change my major.

When your eternal life is taken care of in Jesus, then eveything in this life is too.

• Winner
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

Euodius

Are you kitten me right meow?
Supporter
Nov 29, 2019
Stafford
✟49,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship

With dreams it is always best not to put emphasis or consideration on them. If God wants you to consider it, He will keep sending the dream or otherwise reaching out to you. He will be glad of your patient discernment. Just keep an eye out for signs and pray about it.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,152,592.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Sounds like a 'vision' actually as described so far (not just only a dream). I suggest if you felt it was really Him, you take it to heart.

Now the things about mere career choices is that this is only a temporary life here, and it won't ultimately matter if a person does work X or Y or Z (assuming each are not themselves involving wrongdoing), but that we seek first (focus first on) the "Kingdom of God and His rigtheousness" (as you see: Matthew 6 ESV).
Matthew 6:33 But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you. (but read that whole passage there in the chapter. Really. You really need the whole passage, so read it all)

You see here also in the chapter He gave you and me a prayer we can pray each day (!). A perfect prayer for the most essential ultimate things. You and I should rely on Him and begin to pray the prayer He gave us for praying each day. I've learned to my surprise it makes a big difference when I pray it, so gradually I've finally learned by experience to pray this each day.

Upvote 0

Help In Ministry

Feb 12, 2020
Mesa, AZ
✟7,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

God wants you to fulfill your dreams, despite the adversity you may be facing. This sermon, Seven Secrets of Fulfilling Your Dreams explains how.

Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
I put little credence in dreams, good or bad...but that's just me.

How sad for you. Scripture is full from end to end of God speaking through dreams, why would you reject that.

For the last 40 odd years, God has been directing my life through dreams, visions, words of knowledge etc. It is a wonderful and comforting way of living in Christ.

• Agree
Reactions: tturt
Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
With dreams it is always best not to put emphasis or consideration on them. If God wants you to consider it, He will keep sending the dream or otherwise reaching out to you.
This is not necessarily true. Many times God will give something and leave it for you to receive or ignore. Jesus taught that it is our responsibility to seek and keep seeking him.

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟732,859.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

When you "... believe that Jesus died on the cross for your sins?" It opens up all the promises of the Word of God to you. Simple faith, gives many blessings. Jesus is in control of your life. The bible tells us "All things work together for the good of those who love God"... and " the steps of a good man/woman are ordered by the LORD". Be assured everything will work out ok. It matters not whether your new step is exactly in God's plan, He will turn the decision you make around for good. Even if the decision is not perfect, there can be learning in the process. Just know your heavenly father loves you and is in control of your future.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
"it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:" Acts 2:17
And that continues today for myself, my wife and many of my spirit filled friends. Those who deny the validity of such scriptures, strangely get the fruit of their faith. Silence.

Upvote 0