Columbus, Ohio
✟50,619.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
My son recently took a DNA test (autosomal) I also have a family history book that was a project done by the family in the 1950's that traces back our paternal family back to Switzerland 1759. Anyhow, what we discovered from his DNA test was that one of my patriarchs around 1830 was 100% Ashkenazi Jewish. I had long suspected that we had Jewish roots as in Yiddish the name Schaller means Trumpeter of the Shofar. Just thought that was interesting and I plan to do the Y DNA test on myself soon just to see if we can get more information than his Autosomal test provided

mozo41

Jun 6, 2017
london
✟50,927.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My son recently took a DNA test (autosomal) I also have a family history book that was a project done by the family in the 1950's that traces back our paternal family back to Switzerland 1759. Anyhow, what we discovered from his DNA test was that one of my patriarchs around 1830 was 100% Ashkenazi Jewish. I had long suspected that we had Jewish roots as in Yiddish the name Schaller means Trumpeter of the Shofar. Just thought that was interesting and I plan to do the Y DNA test on myself soon just to see if we can get more information than his Autosomal test provided

strange how they found a religion in the blood ...

Upvote 0

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
strange how they found a religion in the blood ...
I sometimes wonder if I have Jewish roots. My great gran came over in the second world war or just after I can't find records. We might be Estonian, but I think they came over from Germany. I should really find out ond time

Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What I realized about maybe being Jewish (through my Dad) is that it kind of didn't matter to me after a while. It's possible. But then my Dad, a bright, creative man who loved reading, gardening, fixing things, and swimming got into some weird, esoteric stuff spiritually that changed him over time. In sad and kind of scary ways. He meant well, but got lead astray. His Jewish heritage was of no use to protect him or inform him of the dangers of the occult. So while he may well have been Jewish, sadly, he was misinformed and lead off by alluring yet dangerous things that warped his personality pretty badly sometimes.

Jewish heritage is kind of neat, but spiritual wisdom is better.

Upvote 0

mozo41

Jun 6, 2017
london
✟50,927.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I sometimes wonder if I have Jewish roots. My great gran came over in the second world war or just after I can't find records. We might be Estonian, but I think they came over from Germany. I should really find out ond time

well speaking of blood we all come from Noah who came from Adam ...

Upvote 0

AbbaLove

Circumcism Of The Heart
May 16, 2015
✟120,508.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Wonder if there is any Native American ancestry on my dad's side. When my great, great grandfather died he left very few possessions (found list in the Monmouth, IL Courthouse) one of which was a tomahawk. His father was of French ancestry ... lived near Montreal and may have been involved in the fur-trade. May have inherited the Tomahawk from his father. That Tomahwak must have a few interesting stories to tell.

No idea what happened to that Tomahawk.

Reactions: Sam91
Upvote 0

PeaceJoyLove

Apr 9, 2017
Nova Scotia
✟74,422.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Strange how you don't know what being Jewish historically is
I know what being Jewish is historically, having Jewish ancestry coursing through my veins. In the end of our faith we come to know there is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female...we ALL being ONE in Christ. And the flesh profiteth nothing.

Upvote 0

BukiRob

Dec 14, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
✟50,619.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I know what being Jewish is historically, having Jewish ancestry coursing through my veins. In the end of our faith we come to know there is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female...we ALL being ONE in Christ. And the flesh profiteth nothing.

Oh, so you're saying there was nothing of value in your snarky comment to me... thanks for the clarification

Upvote 0

PeaceJoyLove

Apr 9, 2017
Nova Scotia
✟74,422.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Oh, so you're saying there was nothing of value in your snarky comment to me... thanks for the clarification
I have not said what you think...
When I first discovered I had Jewish roots, I was intrigued. I wondered what that might mean to my spiritual journey. I studied it inside out, upside down. In the end, it is the faith of Abraham (who was neither Jew or Hebrew) that accounted him as righteous...that caused him to KNOW God in truth.

You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus.

...and have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge in the image of its Creator. Here there is no Greek or Jew, circumcised or uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave, or free, but Christ is all and is in all.

• Agree
Reactions: mozo41
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums