Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have some good news to share. My 21 year old daughter has been making plans to move closer to home. She's looking for a job in our area right now and she applied for college at the University of North Texas yesterday too. She's been living at home for the past week as she makes this transition. She said she was homesick and wanted to move closer to her family. I'm really happy to have her back home again. She was having a hard time where she use to live. Our house is bursting at the seams with her and her dogs and cat living at home again, but that's all right. We're all happy to have her home.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I felt my first earthquake last night...it woke me and my youngest son, who called out asking what was going on. It as during a thunderstorm but it didn't feel like the shaking was from a nearby lightning strike. No damage here, seemed like not much serious damage or injuries reported anywhere.
Fault lines in the Rockies, right?

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hearing about Tad's anniversary reminded me to share this news with my friends here. My husband and I are planning a ceremony to renew our wedding vows for our 25th Wedding Anniversary on or around January 23rd, 2018. We've decided that our children will stand with us during the ceremony. We're trying to decide on a theme for the ceremony now. He told me I could choose any theme I wanted.

Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,505,837.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Congratulations, Tad and Mrs Tad!

Emerald, are you planning on a secular or religious ceremony? (Not that I think one is better than the other, but it would influence themes etc).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We have more to think about and do other than planning our ceremony. We've recently been cleaning out our classroom (which was once our dining room), so that our oldest daughter could move in there and have some personal space for herself. Our plan is to turn the room into a mini-apartment for her. We've basically turned that room upside down, getting rid of things and reorganizing everything.

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, then, you really can do whatever you like... :)

Yep. I have so much to plan and do before our anniversary on January 23rd. For the time being, I'm choosing between two favorite themes, but I'm leaning more toward the first theme than the second. So, should I reveal what these two themes are or should I keep all of you in suspense? Lol.

Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,505,837.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Which is a lot of work! (Having just been through our version of it, oh how I know...)

My aim for today is to get my office set up so that I can actually work from it, when I start work again on Wednesday. I'm waiting for a new desk to be delivered; my last parish supplied me with a desk, but this one didn't, so I had to buy a desk!

I think you should tell us your themes only if you're prepared to weather all opinions... ;)

Reactions: Shiloh Raven
Upvote 0

tadoflamb

no identificado
Feb 20, 2007
Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Hearing about Tad's anniversary reminded me to share this news with my friends here. My husband and I are planning a ceremony to renew our wedding vows for our 25th Wedding Anniversary on or around January 23rd, 2018. We've decided that our children will stand with us during the ceremony. We're trying to decide on a theme for the ceremony now. He told me I could choose any theme I wanted.

Shortly after I was confirmed and on our 10th anniversary, we had our marriage blessed by the Church after daily mass.

Upvote 0

tadoflamb

no identificado
Feb 20, 2007
Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
So, today we're in upstate New York for a family reunion. It's a really cute little town with lots of old churches. We've located the Catholic one. It's exceptionally beautiful. We're looking forward to going to mass in the morning.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Mountain_Girl406

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2015
✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm back! I changed phones and had some trouble getting everything transferred and then getting back into C.F., but I made it!
Here's a picture from Skalkaho pass today.
20170715_152516.jpg

Upvote 0

tadoflamb

no identificado
Feb 20, 2007
Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
We went to the early mass at that beautiful Catholic church in Glens Fall this morning. I don't know what it is with me and Catholic churches. As soon as I go in I feel transcended. My wife wanted to check out the inside of the other, older churches around town. I won't go into details, but just sticking my head into these churches while their services were going on, was a little telling for me.

I think I was designed to be Catholic.

Upvote 0

tadoflamb

no identificado
Feb 20, 2007
Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
We went 'tubing' today. That's where you ride on an inflatable tube behind a motorboat. It went pretty well until we got going so fast we got ahead of the rope. I ended up getting the rope wrapped around my arm and dragged underwater for a few yards. My arm is all messed up, but I'm going to be all right.

I can't wait to get back home to more sedentary and safer activities.

In other news, I saw a black bear on my bird walk this morning.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

tadoflamb

no identificado
Feb 20, 2007
Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Ooh, Tad, that sounded fun until the bit about your arm. I hope it heals quickly!

Is a bear a threat, in a setting like that? Are you afraid to see one?

I'll be OK. Both my wife and brother are healers.

No, the bear isn't a threat. There's plenty of tastier stuff to eat around here besides me. What's funny is I was taking a late evening walk the other night much higher up the road and a couple of locals tried to scare me off by telling me there's more bears than food in these parts.

No one in my family has seen a bear on their road. I have pictures. I'll share them when I get home.

Upvote 0