Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
Went to Comic Con Friday:
<picture removed>

Going to be helping my local Labour Party canvass tomorrow.
Does anyone here have any experience/advice?

I probably will be tagging along more so than actually doing the door knocking/talking, due to my social anxiety, but I feel it's my duty to participate in democracy, and fight for what I believe in(and perhaps more importantly, fight against politics that I don't believe in).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Colin

Senior Veteran
Jun 9, 2010
✟122,403.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK - SNP
Went to Comic Con Friday:
View attachment 198044

Going to be helping my local Labour Party canvass tomorrow.
Does anyone here have any experience/advice?

Yes .

I know you are an atheist , brother , but try praying . ;)

Best of luck with the canvassing . :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

Genersis

Person of Disinterest
Sep 26, 2011
London
✟38,690.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
Yes .

I know you are an atheist , brother , but try praying . ;)

Best of luck with the canvassing . :oldthumbsup:
Thanks. :)

If hoping really hard counts as praying, then I've done a lot of praying. :p
Currently I have a love/hate relationship with hope.
At least my hopes are more realistic now, but heck, I still don't want to be overly optimistic.

Upvote 0

Genersis

Person of Disinterest
Sep 26, 2011
London
✟38,690.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
Awesome picture! It sounds like your plan for canvassing is a good way to get involved!
We missed our statewide con for my kids soccer tournament but we had a great time anyway.
Thanks.
There's always more cons to go to, so I think you did the right thing.

...even if soccer doesn't interest me.
(Hey, I like tea, so please don't revoke my Brit card...)

Upvote 0

Genersis

Person of Disinterest
Sep 26, 2011
London
✟38,690.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
Are those knocking on doors getting predictable responses , or are there any surprises ?
Support is strong here, but it usually is.

Conservatives seem to be leafleting the richer parts of the seat(surprise surprise), the Lib Dems have also been leafleting the seat. I also wouldn't be surprised if the Lib Dems are also going to canvass the seat.

I can't really comment on the sentiment beyond my ward in my constituency, but in general a few folk are still iffy on Corbyn, but everyone really hates the Conservatives.
But then my seat has only ever been a Labour safe seat, or a Lab/LibDem marginal.

The canvassing team:
<Picture Removed>

We will be canvassing again tonight, and tomorrow. We should of finished the ward by then. I'll ask if there's any other way I can continue to help out after.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

tadoflamb

no identificado
Feb 20, 2007
Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Just got back from Oregon visiting this charming family.

18739814_10155326995218895_3074506939876928396_n.jpg

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello everyone. This is the member formerly known as voices that carry. I just have a new username name now. I had it changed to reflect the personal changes that I'm making in my life for my physical and emotional health. I went to see my doctor earlier last week because I had severe chest pains and I discovered that I have high blood pressure. I decided that I had to make some significant changes in my life to take better care of myself. And the one thing that really stresses me out is politics and political activism. So, I decided to step away from them both for the time being or it might be indefinitely. I'm no longer getting involved in debating or political discussions, native related or otherwise. I've even stopped watching the news. And to help me with this transition, I deactivated my Facebook and Twitter accounts and I'm no longer using my native names, including Red Fox. I'm just Emerald or Emerald Flame now and I'd like to be addressed as such. I'm sure everyone here in TLT will understand my reasons for this personal change and will be supportive of my decision. I do appreciate the support in this forum.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Colin

Senior Veteran
Jun 9, 2010
✟122,403.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK - SNP
Hello everyone. This is the member formerly known as voices that carry. I just have a new username name now. I had it changed to reflect the personal changes that I'm making in my life for my physical and emotional health. I went to see my doctor earlier last week because I had severe chest pains and I discovered that I have high blood pressure. I decided that I had to make some significant changes in my life to take better care of myself. And the one thing that really stresses me out is politics and political activism. So, I decided to step away from them both for the time being. It might be indefinitely. I'm no longer getting involved in debating or political discussions, native related or otherwise. I've even stopped watching the news. And to help me with this transition, I deactivated my Facebook and Twitter accounts and I'm no longer using my native names, including Red Fox. I'm just Emerald or Emerald Flame now and I'd like to be addressed as such. I'm sure everyone here in TLT will understand my reasons for this personal change and will be supportive of my decision. I do appreciate the support in this forum.
Peace and love to you Emerald Flame .

You have made some wise choices .

I hope you feel the benefits soon . In fact I'm sure you will .

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

tadoflamb

no identificado
Feb 20, 2007
Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Hello everyone. This is the member formerly known as voices that carry. I just have a new username name now. I had it changed to reflect the personal changes that I'm making in my life for my physical and emotional health. I went to see my doctor earlier last week because I had severe chest pains and I discovered that I have high blood pressure. I decided that I had to make some significant changes in my life to take better care of myself. And the one thing that really stresses me out is politics and political activism. So, I decided to step away from them both for the time being or it might be indefinitely. I'm no longer getting involved in debating or political discussions, native related or otherwise. I've even stopped watching the news. And to help me with this transition, I deactivated my Facebook and Twitter accounts and I'm no longer using my native names, including Red Fox. I'm just Emerald or Emerald Flame now and I'd like to be addressed as such. I'm sure everyone here in TLT will understand my reasons for this personal change and will be supportive of my decision. I do appreciate the support in this forum.

Good for you, though I have to admit, I'm going to miss the activist in you.

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: Shiloh Raven
Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Good for you, though I have to admit, I'm going to miss the activist in you.

Yeah, me too, but I need to make these personal changes for my health. I'm not feeling stressed out anymore and I'm feeling better emotionally too. My physical health is slowly improving as well.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Victory-N-Christ

God:Mighty -N-Power!!
Feb 25, 2017
Ga
✟39,955.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Hi everyone
I'm just one day away from finishing up a very busy semester! Looking forward to some serious housekeeping, trying to get up to speed on running, and then a family road trip!
How's everyone else doing?
I'm doing good today. Just now had a nice dinner that I cooked making everything from scratch including the cornbread.We had baked chicken with garlic,wild rice,fresh string beans and an apple pie with caramel topping for dessert.All in all it was a good day.

Reactions: Tigger45
Upvote 0

Martinius

Catholic disciple of Jesus
Jul 2, 2010
The woods and lakes of the Great North
✟60,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sometimes it takes a little shock to get us to make positive changes. And limiting one's intake of news and politics can be a stress reducer. I suggest quiet time: no media, no phone, no conversation. Walk or sit outside, listen to the birds and watch the clouds float by.

• Friendly
Reactions: Shiloh Raven
Upvote 0

Martinius

Catholic disciple of Jesus
Jul 2, 2010
The woods and lakes of the Great North
✟60,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm doing good today. Just now had a nice dinner that I cooked making everything from scratch including the cornbread.We had baked chicken with garlic,wild rice,fresh string beans and an apple pie with caramel topping for dessert.All in all it was a good day.
Hmmm...sounds like my kind of meal. We have been enjoying green beans from our garden for over a week. What we planted last year did so well that I planted more this spring. Now we have an abundance. Fresh beans, steamed with a little butter, oh yeah...Had some tonight with salmon and a salad. The salad greens were from the garden, along with a couple of sliced radishes. I did not catch the salmon.

Upvote 0

Victory-N-Christ

God:Mighty -N-Power!!
Feb 25, 2017
Ga
✟39,955.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Hmmm...sounds like my kind of meal. We have been enjoying green beans from our garden for over a week. What we planted last year did so well that I planted more this spring. Now we have an abundance. Fresh beans, steamed with a little butter, oh yeah...Had some tonight with salmon and a salad. The salad greens were from the garden, along with a couple of sliced radishes. I did not catch the salmon.
Sounds good. I haven't had salmon in a while.The last time we grilled some and seasoned it with black pepper and lemon. It was very good.I think we had fresh green beans and grilled corn on the cob with it that time too.

Upvote 0

Colin

Senior Veteran
Jun 9, 2010
✟122,403.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK - SNP
We have just had a General Election in the UK , Emerald Flame , and much of what you say resonates with me .

I have briefly been on a local forum discussing the election , and I find that it starts to dominate my life . I come away feeling agitated , and that is not a good thing .

I also watch very little news , and I don't think I am missing out on much .

I come on here , and avoid any sections of CF where people are at each other's throats .

By the way , I hope you are feeling better .

Upvote 0