✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Hi everyone
I'm just one day away from finishing up a very busy semester! Looking forward to some serious housekeeping, trying to get up to speed on running, and then a family road trip!
How's everyone else doing?

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,405.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I had a great Mother's Day. Heard from my son in S. Korea in the morning (the one who just got engaged) and was happy he was able to call--after midnight for him, 10 a.m. for us. Saw a movie and had dinner out with my husband and daughter. Toasted my mother in heaven, who would have turned 101 today. Talked to my oldest son in St. Louis (whom we'll visit in late June).

Still feeling joyous about the wonderful retreat I went on last week, and still busy with work and my different volunteer jobs.

Hope you had a great Mother's Day, Mountain Girl.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
I'm great today. Not a noted handyman but managed to fix the toilet cistern today without calling a professional. Just required a new rubber washer because of leaking cistern. 5 bucks instead of 150 to get someone to fix it for you. Thank you youtube. :)

Upvote 0

Mountain_Girl406

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2015
✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
You Tube is the best when it comes to learning how to fix stuff. First video I ever watched was about how to put more cord in a weed eater, never would have figured it out otherwise

Upvote 0

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
YouTube enables non handymen to rise above their station and fix things they thought unfixable before.
Before you know it I'll be posting my handyman tips on here. :)

Upvote 0

tadoflamb

no identificado
Feb 20, 2007
Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
YouTube enables non handymen to rise above their station and fix things they thought unfixable before.
Before you know it I'll be posting my handyman tips on here. :)

Because, if the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Upvote 0

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Because, if the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

I think most women love renovation plans. So if they marry a guy with money and renovating skills, they would be in Heaven.

• Prayers
Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0

tadoflamb

no identificado
Feb 20, 2007
Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
But seriously folks......I too will be finishing up watercolor classes tomorrow so I will have a little breathing room, but who needs breathing room? I've still been chasing birds every chance I get. I've also bought a new camera thanks to a generous art patron (thanks Mom! :wave:).

Here's a picture from my birding expedition yesterday. Normally I would say "if it's got's hair I don't care", but, hey, it's a new camera.

DSC_0027.JPG

Upvote 0

Mountainmike

Site Supporter
Nov 2, 2016
Northern uk
✟561,189.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Hi everyone
I'm just one day away from finishing up a very busy semester! Looking forward to some serious housekeeping, trying to get up to speed on running, and then a family road trip!
How's everyone else doing?

Just finished up the latest property conversion (my pension ...retired from tech along time ago!)
So now heading for the hills as well, spending days mountain running in the english lake district, shake the cobwebs out of my climbing gear! Glorious day last wed.

Also catching up on what has gone on in miracle world whilst I was busy: A new holy week eucharistic miracle announced in argentina. Will be interesting to see the forensics if and when they are published. Did you ever chase any of that stuff up MountainGirl? Take castarnons book on tixtla. The raw forensic reports are all attached as appendices - the interesting issue is the provenance of the labs which goes a long way to trusting their reports. Doesnt help that it most is in spanish.

• Prayers
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mountain_Girl406

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2015
✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
But seriously folks......I too will be finishing up watercolor classes tomorrow so I will have a little breathing room, but who needs breathing room? I've still been chasing birds every chance I get. I've also bought a new camera thanks to a generous art patron (thanks Mom! :wave:).

Here's a picture from my birding expedition yesterday. Normally I would say "if it's got's hair I don't care", but, hey, it's a new camera.

View attachment 196761
Congrats on the new camera! Lovely picture

Upvote 0

Mountain_Girl406

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2015
✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Just finished up the latest property conversion (my pension ...retired from tech along time ago!)
So now heading for the hills as well, spending days mountain running in the english lake district, shake the cobwebs out of my climbing gear! Glorious day last wed.

Also catching up on what has gone on in miracle world whilst I was busy: A new holy week eucharistic miracle announced in argentina. Will be interesting to see the forensics if and when they are published. Did you ever chase any of that stuff up MountainGirl? Take castarnons book on tixtla. The raw forensic reports are all attached as appendices - the interesting issue is the provenance of the labs which goes a long way to trusting their reports. Doesnt help that it most is in spanish.
Hey, another mountain runner, cool!
On the Eucharistic miracle, I've read the thread but haven't yet dug any deeper, but I might have to look into it further, thanks!
Today, hopefully we make the last edits on a graduate students final paper, closing a challenging but rewarding chapter in his life. Keeping my fingers crossed he can find a good job where he can keep growing.

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have been sick for the last couple of days with a stomach virus. I spent most of Mother's Day yesterday asleep in bed and miserably sick. But the life of a stay at home mom (who also home educates her children) must go on, so DayQuil has become my best friend today. It is helping me survive although I feel like I am in a sleepy daze. I am sitting in the local library with my children. I decided to take a break from helping them their schoolwork. I am exhausted, but life must go on.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Mountain_Girl406

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2015
✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I have been sick for the last couple of days with a stomach virus. I spent most of Mother's Day yesterday asleep in bed and miserably sick. But the life of a stay at home mom (who also home educates her children) must go on, so DayQuil has become my best friend today. It is helping me survive although I feel like I am in a sleepy daze. I am sitting in the local library with my children. I decided to take a break from helping them their schoolwork. I am exhausted, but life must go on.
I hope you get some rest soon, and can get over being sick :(

Upvote 0

Davidnic

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2006
✟788,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
MOD HAT

Thread closed for clean up

Disruptive Behavior, Campaigning, Staff Disciplinary Action
Maintain the peace and harmony of CF by not rehashing alleged grievances or disputes, publicly complaining about posts, threads, Christian Forums or its staff. Attempting to undermine these rules or policies via campaigns, petitions, or protests is not allowed. Please do not publicly discuss reported posts or staff actions taken on yourself or other members. Use the Support Center to submit questions and complaints about staff disciplinary actions or rules.

MOD HAT

• Prayers
Upvote 0