Alabama
✟20,724.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Separated
I am obviously new here so I will tell you my story and why I think I'm here. I just left my husband of 6 years. I grew up going to a private Catholic school for grades K-8. My whole family is Catholic. I got marryoung, had 4 kids, divorced, remarried and now divorced again. Let me explain my (soon to be ex)husband. Love him to death but about 8 years ago he had a near death experience, saw God, now sees demons everywhere. After high school I kinda quit going to church but I always just assumed I believed in God. Now here he is last few years I can't listen to my rock music because he says it is evil, can't watch my paranormal shows (I love everything creepy. Always have). He burned my books. He started turning my phone and internet off because he could feel the evil coming through. He says he literally feels darkness. He gets on the roof with the water hose, blessed the water, then sprays the whole roof while talking in tongues. He says he's cleaning out the evil spirits that people have sent him. He feels demons touch him at night. He reads the bible over and over in every room for days cleansing the house. I could write a book. He gets on youtube, argues with other Christians saying they are going to hell. He says God literally have him the key of David. Ok so I never questioned God before he started this. Now I'm questioning everything. Like how are we supposed to follow a book that every one has a different view point of. I have no problem with religion. Any religion. Him trying to push me farther into religion pushes me away. He is now is anti vaxxer, anti doctor, anti church (because he thinks he knows better than the church), anti 5G, anti book, anti Disney anti everything. He destroyed two sim cards on my phone in the last two weeks. Because he says they are evil. I am now staying with my kids dad. We still get along ok. I don't blame god or religion, I feel like he is paranoid schizophrenic. He just has me questioning everything that has to do with religion now.

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟776,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Welcome to the forums, I am sorry to hear of your struggles. I was also at a questioning point after a divorce of 10 years. Please explore the forums and reach out if you need any assistance.

Upvote 0

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,296,791.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Welcome to CF :wave:

Thank you for your introduction - I'm sorry you are going through such a tough time.

Please take a while to look into the various areas of this huge place and find an area where you will feel comfortable chatting with our members

Upvote 0

Beck Beck

Aug 6, 2020
Alabama
✟20,724.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Separated
Welcome to the forums, I am sorry to hear of your struggles. I was also at a questioning point after a divorce of 10 years. Please explore the forums and reach out if you need any assistance.
Thank you!

• Friendly
Reactions: Deade
Upvote 0

Beck Beck

Aug 6, 2020
Alabama
✟20,724.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Separated
Welcome to CF :wave:

Thank you for your introduction - I'm sorry you are going through such a tough time.

Please take a while to look into the various areas of this huge place and find an area where you will feel comfortable chatting with our members
Thank you! I've been checking this site out for a while, decided today was the day to sign up.

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟776,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Oh I didn't say why I was here. I've been checking out this site for a while. Just trying to get different perspectives on things. I like to learn.
Questioning is great, stagnancy can lead to apathy. Explore, get a handle on some of the discussions. If you are more of a "seeker" than "Agnostic" reach out and we can change your settings so that you can post questions in some of the Christian only areas of the forums.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟905,181.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am obviously new here so I will tell you my story and why I think I'm here. I just left my husband of 6 years. I grew up going to a private Catholic school for grades K-8. My whole family is Catholic. I got marryoung, had 4 kids, divorced, remarried and now divorced again. Let me explain my (soon to be ex)husband. Love him to death but about 8 years ago he had a near death experience, saw God, now sees demons everywhere. After high school I kinda quit going to church but I always just assumed I believed in God. Now here he is last few years I can't listen to my rock music because he says it is evil, can't watch my paranormal shows (I love everything creepy. Always have). He burned my books. He started turning my phone and internet off because he could feel the evil coming through. He says he literally feels darkness. He gets on the roof with the water hose, blessed the water, then sprays the whole roof while talking in tongues. He says he's cleaning out the evil spirits that people have sent him. He feels demons touch him at night. He reads the bible over and over in every room for days cleansing the house. I could write a book. He gets on youtube, argues with other Christians saying they are going to hell. He says God literally have him the key of David. Ok so I never questioned God before he started this. Now I'm questioning everything. Like how are we supposed to follow a book that every one has a different view point of. I have no problem with religion. Any religion. Him trying to push me farther into religion pushes me away. He is now is anti vaxxer, anti doctor, anti church (because he thinks he knows better than the church), anti 5G, anti book, anti Disney anti everything. He destroyed two sim cards on my phone in the last two weeks. Because he says they are evil. I am now staying with my kids dad. We still get along ok. I don't blame god or religion, I feel like he is paranoid schizophrenic. He just has me questioning everything that has to do with religion now.
Welcome!

Upvote 0

Beck Beck

Aug 6, 2020
Alabama
✟20,724.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Separated
Questioning is great, stagnancy can lead to apathy. Explore, get a handle on some of the discussions. If you are more of a "seeker" than "Agnostic" reach out and we can change your settings so that you can post questions in some of the Christian only areas of the forums.
Thank you. I almost clicked on seeker. I always considered myself Catholic until all this started a few years ago. We will see. Thanks everyone!

• Friendly
Reactions: Deade
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Andrewn

CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2019
-
✟681,411.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Welcome the Christian forums. Glad you've decided to join. I'm sorry to hear about your experience and think you're absolutely right in the last 2 sentences of the OP. It has nothing to do with Christianity. Hope you find fellowship in the CF Community Life section and answers to your questions in the Outreach section.

Reactions: Beck Beck
Upvote 0

Deade

Called of God
Site Supporter
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, OK
Visit site
✟274,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hello Beck Beck,
welcome to CF.

I hope you'll enjoy your stay here.

329976_9b7ae3c1c36bdc5c9e0a46ba5a3f3eb7.gif

98636c6ee64925a19858f8a491d300d2.gif

Reactions: Beck Beck
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums