So Frustrated

Ginger Sunshyne

Devoted wife, mother, and worship leader.
Feb 2, 2017
Texas
✟16,827.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I've been a worship leader for several years. REcently our church fell apart and my family and I are having to look fo a new church. We get invitations to play all the time. We have a ministry for Nights of Worship. But everytime we try to get involved with a body, they always want my husband to play....but not me....And we have always been a team. We want to stay a team. We make that clear before we go play with someone and they are accepting at first, but then I end up getting the runaround. Any advice?

Martyr's Crown

Sunflower Jewel
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
✟78,464.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't have so much advice, except for continue praying for God to show you what He has in mind for you in a church. I understand that if you have always been a team that it would be hurtful to not be asked about playing together, since you both have always done this in your earlier church. But sometimes there can also come changes into your life, and maybe God has a different plan in mind for you in a new church?

This doesn't mean that you might have to completely stop leading any worshipping singing sessions, maybe you are supposed to lead a youth worship team, or a ladies worship team? Or maybe there is something else God has in mind for you which also involves with music? Or He could have something else in mind for you? There can be other possibilities for you in a new church. Sometimes one door closes and another new door opens up for you.

Upvote 0

joshcorn

Oct 27, 2017
Dartmouth Nova Scotia
✟14,533.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've been a worship leader for several years. REcently our church fell apart and my family and I are having to look fo a new church. We get invitations to play all the time. We have a ministry for Nights of Worship. But everytime we try to get involved with a body, they always want my husband to play....but not me....And we have always been a team. We want to stay a team. We make that clear before we go play with someone and they are accepting at first, but then I end up getting the runaround. Any advice?
When I read something that says what are your thoughts I say what our yours thoughts Lord.The thought that come to right away ways to teach others how to bring in the presence of God througth Worship.

Upvote 0

Mnarvasa001

LoudCatholic
Dec 20, 2017
West Liberty
✟7,969.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I don't have any advice but remember that it is not about you or your husband.. it is all about God!! so it does not matter if you guys are an amazing team together, if you are only doing this because you are "good" then you are doing it for yourself and not for God.

I agree with you to an extent. Yes, it's ALL about God but a desire for service is GOOD! What's wrong with wanting to serve the Body of Christ because you're good and qualified? Shouldn't you be MORE inclined to because you want to use the talents God gave you for Him? This reminds me of the parable of the master who gave 3 servants different amounts of talents. Yes, Talents here is an amount of money, but it's a parable that points to the fact that God gives us gifts and if we don't invest it in the Church or use them in His vineyard, we are doing a disservice to the Church and the God himself, our Master.

The problem here isn't her ego (which I don't see at all) but the "possible" discrimination that some Churches may be exercising.

It's like you're saying she shouldn't feel upset about the potential discrimination in the Church. God certainly sets a path for us, one that has trials and tribulations, so this could be a road to humility, patience and trust in His love.

I find this to be a problem among the "faithful". Instead of pastorally walking through issues in service, many quickly judge the person for being "prideful" and tell them "it's all about God". In those cases, I think it's those people who need to exercise humility.

Let's hear her out first, and walk through the situation with her before throwing her in the "she's just prideful" pile.

Upvote 0