• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

so fearful and unable to trust God

Sep 4, 2011
✟10,276.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Guinea pigs -- the great cure-all. Everyone needs a guinea pig. (Oops we're not supposed to prescribe solutions here.)

i been told i have a Jezebel spirit and am not really saved
That's horrible. I don't know how that doctrine started but it is hardly rooted in truth or scriptures. And it is far too often used to crush well-meaning people, including faithful believers.

thanks but i cant hear from Him clearly on this because of all the spiritual abuse and false stuff that sbeen pumped into me
I have been in a situation where it was hard to read the Bible or pray. What I did then, was to just pray that God would understand if I backed off certain things, and keep me safe.

He did.
It took a long time, but I really needed to step back from the confusion long enough to hear and see clearly. I didn't completely separate myself from prayer and reading, but stayed away from anything that might cause risk or pain. Then I was able to bring better things back in, one by one.

Stay in charge.

Upvote 0

jungdanielle29

Jul 16, 2018
Corona
✟7,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hi I'm an abuse survivor. The worst abuses were done to me by a Christian parent. I am a control freak with many walls of pride and fear around me. I am fearful of spending any time in God`s presence and dontknow whether am gonna be able to grow as a Christian at all. That is if I'm even truly saved at all anymore.

I couldn't even let the Holy Spirit into my life so I cursed Him and spoke bad things against Him. I'm mourning Him leaving. I don't want to go to Hell. I've suffered on earth. I don't want to suffer after I die.
~~~

I was looking up similar cases like mine and this showed up and this hit home for me...This is me right now...Plus thoughts of how God can allow long period of suffering (for me, 8 years or so of physical mental and emotional abuse started when I was 6) these questions cant seem to get off of me no matter how some of my mentor explain to me free will, etc...I just dont understand. I am defensive and control freak in a way and it is a pattern from when I was young because I've been through so much... I am wondering how you are right now? I see this post is 4 years ago..I am four years late..I hope you see this.

Upvote 0

rosielightshines922

Feb 18, 2020
dallas, texas
✟242.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Hello!! I am an incest survivor...He forced me to be his prostitute...my OWN biological father who told me "God told me to teach you about sex" and he forced me to do devient forplay
as a result of this YEARS , (through out my teen years) I came to hate and distrust God..WHY did God let this monster kill my spirit, my innocense, my trust, my love,my potential, my ability to make a life for myself...he ruined my life 100%...first it was the trauma, then the mental illness (had a break down a few years after the abuse stopped, but he was still harrassing me) and i abused alcohol and drugs to numb my pain.....I hated God for allowing this and not helping me since....I SO want to trust him, I so want to have a loving, "feel safe" relationship with him, but I can't see any evidence that God has lifted a finger to deliver me from the fear, addiction to control (I panic when I am not in control because things will fall apart if I am not in control) I want to give control over to God, but he seems disinterested in me and my issues....

I really am damaged...I am in ACA 12 steps recovery rooms and CR recovery meetings at my church...i am thinking of leaving the church and just giving up on any God helping me be able to support myself....Lost my big bookkeeping client and am in the worst poverty, worse then before and NO sign of divine help....so I am thinking of leaving the church because I don't feel honest going..Like everyone there believes and trusts and I don't---I want to but I don't so I don't feel like I should be there....

Lord I am messed up!!! recovery has helped me a lot, but I still struggle with needing to be in control, trusting in anything and beliving that my life will ever be anything but hardship and poverty...

that is my story.....

rosielightshines922

Upvote 0