So far 200 children killed...soldiers "started firing" on the civilians "from all directions"

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,152,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
the Russians gave us permission to leave. They even waved us goodbye and wished us luck. Then when we were crossing a field, they started firing at us from every direction

Evhen Ryabukon patted the coffin gently, and appeared to be having a final conversation with his son. He broke down, over and over again, before he could finish.

His wife Inna, steeling herself, adjusted the framed photo of a smiling, young boy placed on the coffin - a mother's last act of care.

The boy was Elisei Ryabukon. He would have been 14 in May. ...

_124208377_elisei-ryabukon-blur.jpg

Just over a month after he was killed in firing by Russian soldiers, his family, friends, neighbours and classmates gathered at a church in the city of Brovary in the east of Kyiv, to say goodbye to this much loved child from Peremoha village. A community that had been scattered by war, came together in grief.

Elisei was remembered as honest, humble and helpful, a boy who didn't like to fight...

"On 11 March, the Russians gave us permission to leave. They even waved us goodbye and wished us luck. Then when we were crossing a field, they started firing at us from every direction," Inna said.

There were five cars in the convoy of vehicles evacuating. Elisei was in the second car, in which no one survived.

"I crawled through the field and saved my three-year-old son by dragging him by the hood of his jacket. The fact that any of us made it out alive was pure luck," she said.

....(continues)
Ukraine children: Killed as he escaped, Elisei is one of 200 child victims

Joyous Song

Jun 5, 2020
Buffalo
✟46,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why isn't Putin being brought up with war criminal charges? What will it take? How many more innocents must die before this bloodly world walks up to the reality that murder innocents during war on purpose is against the Geneva Convention. It was silence like this that fostered the holocaust. Once evil men know they can get away with their evil acts they grow embolden.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,152,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes. And also, we might pray for Russian troops, individuals, to turn and repent, too. And for Ukrainian troops, that they not fall into evils.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Why isn't Putin being brought up with war criminal charges? What will it take? How many more innocents must die before this bloodly world walks up to the reality that murder innocents during war on purpose is against the Geneva Convention. It was silence like this that fostered the holocaust. Once evil men know they can get away with their evil acts they grow embolden.
I hear that they are actively collecting evidence to prosecute for war crimes (the U.S. with Ukraine.)

So it’s underway.

Putin is a mass murderer, and doesn’t even care for his own people.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
While you are attacking another country, you ignore any criminal complaints.
That's' just the normal procedure. Of course this delay increases any fines posted against you.

• Agree
Reactions: Joyous Song
Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟185,132.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

If they bring Putin up on criminal charges, they'll have to do the same for George Bush and Dick Cheney as well as the Netanyahu of Israel. All three have done the same claiming the enemy was
using human shields while firing weapons at the good guys. :D

• Agree
Reactions: NBB
Upvote 0

Halbhh

Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,152,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sorry to be a 'black sheep' but where are the charges for the 1 million civilian killed by us/nato in middle east.
They are enjoying life like nothing happened.
Justice works all ways i supppose.
The U.S. has done a lot of war crimes also, but I think it's been a long while since the last time we assured a village or town or tribal group that they could have safe passage, and then once they gathered to leave or began going, then tried to mow them down in a surprise attack after telling them they were safe to leave.

Whether some U.S. troops somewhere would still notable war crimes today, in 2022 is a fair question, and I think the most realistic guesstimate is "no, the current U.S. military would not do that level of war crimes, though we do lesser levels at times". We have done other recent war crimes as I count them, like the not-discriminate-enough drone missile attacks on compounds we say housed ISIS or such militants, but not the particular more obvious war crime the Russian forces have done here, which stands out as a more intense level of war crime, in that it involves intentionally killing non combatants -- women and children -- in particular as the sole targets.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Homeowner

Jan 25, 2022
Oslo
✟23,485.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
more obvious war crime

That sounds just a tad hypocrite. Who really knows what US special ops are doing and where ?

Admittedly they are more low key and professional but are more obscure war crimes any better or actually even worse since they don't cross the news threshold and we actually never learn about them ?

Note I am not singling US out here I am sure other great powers have their own dirty laundry.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,152,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That sounds just a tad hypocrite. Who really knows what US special ops are doing and where ?

Admittedly they are more low key and professional but are more obscure war crimes any better or actually even worse since they don't cross the news threshold and we actually never learn about them ?

Note I am not singling US out here I am sure other great powers have their own dirty laundry.
'hypocritical'?.... I'll forgive that, but I strongly advise you: Don't speculate, but stick to known facts. Else you will catch yourself in your own trap -- become the one actually guilty of what you are thinking you see in some others.

But there is a greater authority we can know is just absolutely correct:
Bible Gateway passage: Matthew 7:1-5 - New International Version

Upvote 0

Homeowner

Jan 25, 2022
Oslo
✟23,485.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
'hypocritical'?.... I'll forgive that, but I strongly advise you: Don't speculate, but stick to known facts. Else you will catch yourself in your own trap -- become the one actually guilty of what you are thinking you see in some others.

Well facts seem to be that the powerful can ignore war crimes committed by their armed forces. No US drone pilots face charges for killing civilians, no Russian trooper will be given to Western powers whatever he may have done.

There can of course be some internal disciplinary actions but they hardly amount to what international justice deems unbiased actions.

Edit : I am convinced of Russians shooting up civilians, rapes, looting and torture if that looked to be in question.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Halbhh

Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,152,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well facts seem to be that the powerful can ignore war crimes committed by their armed forces. No US drone pilots face charges for killing civilians, no Russian trooper will be given to Western powers whatever he may have done.

There can of course be some internal disciplinary actions but they hardly amount to what international justice deems unbiased actions.
Yes, I know that's the perception, but we cannot say no U.S. military personnel ever face war crime charges.

It's not easy to figure out precisely what happens pretty often:
Kunduz hospital airstrike - Wikipedia

But it takes time, and goes slowly, and sometimes there is a political will because the crimes become so egregious, like the Mỹ Lai massacre.
Then you get more effort towards justice:
Following the massacre a Pentagon task force called the Vietnam War Crimes Working Group (VWCWG) investigated alleged atrocities by U.S. troops against South Vietnamese civilians and created a formerly secret archive of some 9,000 pages (the Vietnam War Crimes Working Group Files housed by the National Archives and Records Administration) documenting 320 alleged incidents from 1967–1971 including 7 massacres (not including the My Lai Massacre) in which at least 137 civilians died; 78 additional attacks targeting noncombatants in which at least 57 were killed, 56 wounded and 15 sexually assaulted; and 141 incidents of U.S. soldiers torturing civilian detainees or prisoners of war. 203 U.S. personnel were charged with crimes, 57 were court-martialed and 23 were convicted. The VWCWG also investigated over 500 additional alleged atrocities but could not verify them.
United States war crimes - Wikipedia

To point out the obvious, the U.S. ought to be in the ICC, and support it, and stop making excuses or avoiding it.

Ukraine was smart, and joined the ICC.

That means the ICC has jurisdiction.

Putin will go down eventually is my guess. Even if it takes a long time. Of course, ultimately, God Himself will see justice done for all who don't repent.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Homeowner

Jan 25, 2022
Oslo
✟23,485.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Yes, I know that's the perception, but we cannot say no U.S. military personnel ever face war crime charges.

True in a sense that they face charges but they will be charged in US courts.

Wiki.

"However, the Federal government of the United States strongly opposes the International Criminal Court (ICC) treaty, arguing that the Court lacks checks and balances,[1] and thus does not accept ICC jurisdiction over its nationals.[2]"

Still US wants Russia to submit to ICC (International Criminal Court)

Lindsey Graham wants Russia held accountable for war crimes by the International Criminal Court even though the US doesn't recognize its authority

That is nothing if not hypocritical and a fact.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Halbhh

Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,152,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
True in a sense that they face charges but they will be charged in US courts.

Wiki.

"However, the Federal government of the United States strongly opposes the International Criminal Court (ICC) treaty, arguing that the Court lacks checks and balances,[1] and thus does not accept ICC jurisdiction over its nationals.[2]"

Still US wants Russia to submit to ICC (International Criminal Court)

Lindsey Graham wants Russia held accountable for war crimes by the International Criminal Court even though the US doesn't recognize its authority

That is nothing if not hypocritical and a fact.
I was adding in an edit:

To point out the obvious, the U.S. ought to be in the ICC, and support it, and stop making excuses or avoiding it.

Ukraine was smart, and joined the ICC.

That means the ICC has jurisdiction on the territory of Ukraine(!)

Putin will go down eventually is my guess (or perhaps some commander(s) if it is proven some commander(s) really were the culprits instead of orders from the top). Even if it takes a long time. Of course, ultimately, God Himself will see justice done for all who don't repent.

Upvote 0

Homeowner

Jan 25, 2022
Oslo
✟23,485.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Putin will go down eventually is my guess (or perhaps some commander(s) if it is proven some commander(s) really were the culprits instead of orders from the top). Even if it takes a long time.

Putin is 69 years old and after all the setbacks in Ukraine is starting to look like it. He will go down but I seriously doubt he will ever live to face ICC.

It would set a bad precedent for the next Tsar.

• Haha
Reactions: Halbhh
Upvote 0