So Christmas is coming up. What’s going on with you? What is on your mind?

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,665,849.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I noticed a few forums having what’s on your mind threads which can go on forever. I thought I’d give it a shot here. So what are you thinking about? What is going on with you?

Right now, I’m pretty much recovered from Covid but not much is coming out yet. I think I’m dealing with a bit of Covid fatigue. We are bracing for an arctic blast that is on its way here. Been getting prepared for that for man and beast. So thankful I got the Christmas shopping done before I got sick. There is no way I could of swung it if I didn’t. Decided to have a glass of wine tonight since I have finished the anti-virals a few days ago and try to relax. I have to admit I’m very upset with the Church right now and struggling with that. I’m seeing things and thinking things that are really getting under my skin.

Anyway, what is up with you? Let’s chat. :)

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟439,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I noticed a few forums having what’s on your mind threads which can go on forever. I thought I’d give it a shot here. So what are you thinking about? What is going on with you?

Right now, I’m pretty much recovered from Covid but not much is coming out yet. I think I’m dealing with a bit of Covid fatigue. We are bracing for an arctic blast that is on its way here. Been getting prepared for that for man and beast. So thankful I got the Christmas shopping done before I got sick. There is no way I could of swung it if I didn’t. Decided to have a glass of wine tonight since I have finished the anti-virals a few days ago and try to relax. I have to admit I’m very upset with the Church right now and struggling with that. I’m seeing things and thinking things that are really getting under my skin.

Aside from depression and crying, I guess I'm slowly healing.
Every day handing it to Jesus to take care of.
And doing a good job not worrying about finances. I know the Lord will come through. Yes I work hard. But His will be done.

:praying: :praying:

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,665,849.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Aside from depression and crying, I guess I'm slowly healing.
Every day handing it to Jesus to take care of.
And doing a good job not worrying about finances. I know the Lord will come through. Yes I work hard. But His will be done.

:praying: :praying:
Praying for your intentions WA! *hug*

• Friendly
Reactions: WarriorAngel
Upvote 0

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟438,910.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I guess right now, as Christmas approaches, I am feeling grateful.

Yep, I've got last minute shopping to do tomorrow (ugh! lol) ...
Gonna stock up on things, the storm will hit here tomorrow nite ...
and we will be staying indoors all weekend long, till it passes by.
(I've been so busy this past week, I'm actually looking forward to being "stuck' in the house for a few days! :cool: )

We won't be gathering with my siblings:twohearts: on Christmas Eve this year; I'll miss that.
We need to take a 'pass' again this year, due to hubby's poor health.

But this year I am very grateful, that hubby:twohearts: is still with us.
Will be just he and I ... and our 4 furbabies:twohearts: ... this Christmas ...
and when things are quiet, I'll be thinking about The Real Reason for the Season ... Jesus:heart: ...
and on how Wonderful He is!

• Prayers
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟438,910.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So thankful I got the Christmas shopping done before I got sick. There is no way I could of swung it if I didn’t. Decided to have a glass of wine tonight since I have finished the anti-virals a few days ago and try to relax.
Good to hear you are feeling better!
And I guess it really does pay to do things ahead of time, and not be a 'last minute" kind of gal, like me! lol

I did not know about the coming storm till yesterday.
Then suddenly, I realized my pre-Christmas shopping time was going to be alot shorter than I'd planned!
( :oops: )

Hope you are enjoying a relaxing evening ...
:)

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,665,849.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I guess right now, as Christmas approaches, I am feeling grateful.

Yep, I've got last minute shopping to do tomorrow (ugh! lol) ...
Gonna stock up on things, the storm will hit here tomorrow nite ...
and we will be staying indoors all weekend long, till it passes by.
(I've been so busy this past week, I'm actually looking forward to being "stuck' in the house for a few days! :cool: )

We won't be gathering with my siblings:twohearts: on Christmas Eve this year; I'll miss that.
We need to take a 'pass' again this year, due to hubby's poor health.

But this year I am very grateful, that hubby:twohearts: is still with us.
Will be just he and I ... and our 4 furbabies:twohearts: ... this Christmas ...
and when things are quiet, I'll be thinking about The Real Reason for the Season ... Jesus:heart: ...
and on how Wonderful He is!
What a wonderful attitude. We plan on staying in as well. I just pray there are no power outages and hope everything goes well with our parents during this time. I did not know you had a husband that was frail. Prayers for you and your family during this time. I do plan on going out in the morning to pick up a few things to make during this time so we can try to have some down time. God bless you! :)

• Friendly
Reactions: mourningdove~
Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟805,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Hopefully the storm won't do to much damage and I can get out to my Dad's on Christmas. He's doing really well under the circumstances. Some of my siblings will be there. I haven't seen them in a while, so it'll be nice to visit.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,665,849.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hopefully the storm won't do to much damage and I can get out to my Dad's on Christmas. He's doing really well under the circumstances. Some of my siblings will be there. I haven't seen them in a while, so it'll be nice to visit.
I hope things are becoming calmer with less turmoil for all of you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟805,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I hope things are becoming calmer with less turmoil for all of you.
Thanks, Michie. Last time I saw my strict atheist sister, she listened when my Dad asked me what I got out of prayer. I said that the last time I did the sign of the cross, I felt an overwhelming feeling of peace and love when I touched my heart during it. It lasted 10 minutes, then slowly faded away. She actually said "That's nice!" I always felt that my siblings were such hardcore atheists, that there was no chance they'd change. (But, kept praying anyway.) Now I'm seeing a glimmer of hope--and I hope their interest continues to grow.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,665,849.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thanks, Michie. Last time I saw my strict atheist sister, she listened when my Dad asked me what I got out of prayer. I said that the last time I did the sign of the cross, I felt an overwhelming feeling of peace and love when I touched my heart during it. It lasted 10 minutes, then slowly faded away. She actually said "That's nice!" I always felt that my siblings were such hardcore atheists, that there was no chance they'd change. (But, kept praying anyway.) Now I'm seeing a glimmer of hope--and I hope their interest continues to grow.
That’s hopeful! I do hope their hearts continue to soften. :)

Reactions: Chrystal-J
Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟439,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Just finished making my chocolate chip cookies. making pies on Saturday when my kids are with their dad.

I'm not feeling so well. I was testing too many of them. :sick: :help: :help: but they're good. Was just checking.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟439,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
By the way, I just made a cheese ball. My taste and smell is still not up to par so hubby is my taste tester. I don’t think he has any complaints though. Lol!
Sounds good.
I hate when I over eat sweets. It's a sick feeling and I do not feel so good... but testing yummy cheese balls sounds wonderful. I have some wine... pass the cheese.

• Haha
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,665,849.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sounds good.
I hate when I over eat sweets. It's a sick feeling and I do not feel so good... but testing yummy cheese balls sounds wonderful. I have some wine... pass the cheese.
Believe me. I get it. ;)

Reactions: WarriorAngel
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟433,756.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

That's the other hard part about Covid, symptoms can linger for so long that you just feel exhausted from having dealt with it forever. Glad you got so much out of the way before you came down with it!

What kind of wine did you have? Was it nice to have a glass after being sick for so long?

I'm right beside you on the anger and frustration with the Church. Maybe it's my protestant roots but I'm ready to storm the Vatican. This Frank Pavone news was the last straw and I'm not even a fan of his.

@spicoli: I want to ask how your wife and the little one is doing? Have you both picked a name for the little prince? :)
She's doing well overall, but she's really swollen which is uncomfortable for her tiny frame. But the baby's good, we're at the final phase where we're making weekly visits to the OB now so he can check to see if she's dilated at all. Last week they did an ultrasound and checked his weight, he's up to about 5lbs now which is a relief.

Our close friends who got married a month before us were also pregnant at the same time, but their daughter ended up being born a week ago as a premie. So we're relieved that nothing appears to be starting for us anytime soon, baby boy is still growing and there's no sign that he's getting ready to arrive just yet. Another month hopefully.

We have a list of names but we want to wait to meet him and see if he seems like one or the other of these names. We were talking awhile back about names and I pointed out that Catholics always name their kids after post-resurrection Saints and evangelicals (where I come from) always name their kids after pre-incarnation biblical figures. So I was like, "why don't we do a crossover!?" Some of the names we agree on are Jacob, Jesse, and Benjamin. We'll see if anything else strikes us between now and then but I think Jacob is the frontrunner.

Thanks for asking Michie!

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,665,849.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That's the other hard part about Covid, symptoms can linger for so long that you just feel exhausted from having dealt with it forever. Glad you got so much out of the way before you came down with it!

What kind of wine did you have? Was it nice to have a glass after being sick for so long?

I'm right beside you on the anger and frustration with the Church. Maybe it's my protestant roots but I'm ready to storm the Vatican. This Frank Pavone news was the last straw and I'm not even a fan of his.

She's doing well overall, but she's really swollen which is uncomfortable for her tiny frame. But the baby's good, we're at the final phase where we're making weekly visits to the OB now so he can check to see if she's dilated at all. Last week they did an ultrasound and checked his weight, he's up to about 5lbs now which is a relief.

Our close friends who got married a month before us were also pregnant at the same time, but their daughter ended up being born a week ago as a premie. So we're relieved that nothing appears to be starting for us anytime soon, baby boy is still growing and there's no sign that he's getting ready to arrive just yet. Another month hopefully.

We have a list of names but we want to wait to meet him and see if he seems like one or the other of these names. We were talking awhile back about names and I pointed out that Catholics always name their kids after post-resurrection Saints and evangelicals (where I come from) always name their kids after pre-incarnation biblical figures. So I was like, "why don't we do a crossover!?" Some of the names we agree on are Jacob, Jesse, and Benjamin. We'll see if anything else strikes us between now and then but I think Jacob is the frontrunner.

Thanks for asking Michie!
I like the name Jacob as well. I know she is due next month. Praying he stays in as long as he needs to fully develop. I hope things are easing up on the home front and being a little more compassionate towards you both now that it’s getting so close to him arriving. I’m getting ready to go out and pick up a few things before this arctic blast arrives. Praying we do not lose power!

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟433,756.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I like the name Jacob as well. I know she is due next month. Praying he stays in as long as he needs to fully develop. I hope things are easing up on the home front and being a little more compassionate towards you both now that it’s getting so close to him arriving. I’m getting ready to go out and pick up a few things before this arctic blast arrives. Praying we do not lose power!
Thanks for the kind words Michie. All signs indicate he's healthy and growing on schedule. As for things here at "home" well, it's tough. A cramped, cold, basement apartment isn't the kind of space you imagine welcoming your firstborn child into the world. I applied for a second job with Catholic Vote that's also remote, so I'm praying that it'll workout cause if it does I think we can afford to move back to California. Which would be immeasurably bette than life here on Long Island. Good for the baby, good for mama, good for my step kids (in an eat-your-vegetables kind of way lol).

• Prayers
Upvote 0