So can we agree the St. Malacy prophecy is DEBUNKED?

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,998.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Italian /= Roman

For heavens sakes, there is a lot more to Italy than just Rome.

Oh, didn't you hear? The entire Italian peninsula is Rome now. And by extension, so is Argentina.

It was a very recent development. You may have missed it because it only happened in some people's imaginations.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The only thing needed to fulfill the Prophecy of the Popes would be a Cardinal of Italian descent and the new Pope Jorge Mario Bergoglio is the son of Italian parents (Roman).
Well there ya are then! When that alleged prophecy said "Peter the Roman", it really meant "Francisco the Buenas Airesian". Y'all read made-up prophecies the same way you do the Bible!

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I do find it very interesting the prophecy relatively predicted the last 111 popes.
Not unless you were willing to work like mad to find some connection between the cryptic comments in the "prophecy" and whatever pope it was supposed to refer to.

Mathematically is seems odd to get 0.99107% of them right, yet miss the last one.
Taken objectively I don't think it got any of them right (which in itself would be against the odds).

Upvote 0

ephesians4:2

Sep 13, 2010
✟1,027.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Jorge Mario Bergoglio who chose the name Francis after St. Francis of Assisi.

St. Francis of Assisi's original name was Francesco di Pietro di Bernardone

Pierto is Peter in Italian.

Again I'm not taking sides just an interesting coincidence nonetheless.

Upvote 0

prewrathrap

Jan 24, 2010
✟15,293.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jorge Mario Bergoglio who chose the name Francis after St. Francis of Assisi.

St. Francis of Assisi's original name was Francesco di Pietro di Bernardone

Pierto is Peter in Italian.

Again I'm not taking sides just an interesting coincidence nonetheless.

Right Francis I by honoring Francis of Assisi made the connection himself.

I will take the coincidence.

Amen and Shalom
Mark

Upvote 0
A

Adaephon

Another huge coincidence - the selection came on the 1st day of Abib/Nissan on a Sabbath Year in the Jewish Calendar marked by the reappearance of a comet. Anyone want to calculate the chances of that happening. Signs and wonders?

Shalom
Mark

How nice for the Jewish calendar, but why should we care?

And please do calculate the probability of it happening. Just be aware that it is statistically as likely to be any other combination of results.

Upvote 0

JuJube

Dec 27, 2006
Corpus Christi Texas
✟16,242.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Argentinian. He was born in Buenos Aires. His parents may have been Italian immigrants, but he's still Argentinian.

He's neither a Peter nor a Roman.

-CryptoLutheran
Yes, you are correct. He is Argentinian but of Italian descent. Just like Im an American of Irish/Czech. descent. Quite a mix, huh! lol

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,998.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Yes, you are correct. He is Argentinian but of Italian descent. Just like Im an American of Irish/Czech. descent. Quite a mix, huh! lol

I'm Irish-German-Danish-American. Though nobody would call me Max the Dubliner or Max the Berliner (My grandpa's name was Max).;)

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

prewrathrap

Jan 24, 2010
✟15,293.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How nice for the Jewish calendar, but why should we care?

And please do calculate the probability of it happening. Just be aware that it is statistically as likely to be any other combination of results.

Because fulfillment of biblical prophecy is always tied to feast of the LORD, which the Jewish calendar follows by a lunar/solar calendar.

Shalom
Mark

Upvote 0

Marantha

Feb 3, 2013
✟15,647.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Another huge coincidence - the selection came on the 1st day of Abib/Nissan on a Sabbath Year in the Jewish Calendar marked by the reappearance of a comet. Anyone want to calculate the chances of that happening. Signs and wonders?

Shalom
Mark

Well said. Unfortunately the scoffers will continue to scoff even with a verifiable mountain of signs. Just like they did in the time of Jesus Christ walking the earth. May the Lord open their eyes.

Come Lord Jesus
Marantha

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,052,596.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Unfortunately the scoffers will continue to scoff even with a verifiable mountain of signs.

I don't think anyone is denying that the Lord Jesus will return, far less mocking the fact. It's just that some of us disagree with the various interpretations that have been offered.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well said. Unfortunately the scoffers will continue to scoff even with a verifiable mountain of signs.
Yep, that we will. The problem is that most of your "signs" are as bogus as a $6.738 bill.

Now, if something actually happens a week from tomorrow that looks kinda sorta like what you're predicting, then you can say "Owned! See you pinheads, we told you it was coming!" and belabor us scoffers all you like.

But if, as I expect, nothing at all happens, do not even have the temerity to come back in here claiming that some "spiritual event" or the other happened that only the Chosen Few (i.e., people who bought the bill of goods in the first place) were clever enough to see. If you do that, you're gonna experience scoffing at a level you never thought possible before, and you'll deserve it.

If, on the other hand, you man up and admit that you were wrong (as in long, deep, wide, and continuously wrong) then I at least am willing to let bygones be bygones - unless you start setting dates again.

Upvote 0

Purple Hyacinth

John 3:16
Mar 8, 2013
San Fran Bay Area
✟7,860.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
:bow:
Yep, that we will. The problem is that most of your "signs" are as bogus as a $6.738 bill.

Now, if something actually happens a week from tomorrow that looks kinda sorta like what you're predicting, then you can say "Owned! See you pinheads, we told you it was coming!" and belabor us scoffers all you like.

But if, as I expect, nothing at all happens, do not even have the temerity to come back in here claiming that some "spiritual event" or the other happened that only the Chosen Few (i.e., people who bought the bill of goods in the first place) were clever enough to see. If you do that, you're gonna experience scoffing at a level you never thought possible before, and you'll deserve it.

If, on the other hand, you man up and admit that you were wrong (as in long, deep, wide, and continuously wrong) then I at least am willing to let bygones be bygones - unless you start setting dates again.

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't think anyone is denying that the Lord Jesus will return
Far from it. We confess it every Sunday as: "Who... was crucified, dead, and buried; He descended into hell; the third day He rose again from the dead; He ascended into heaven, and sitteth on the right hand of God the Father Almighty; from thence He shall come to judge the quick and the dead. " and "Christ has died, Christ has risen, Christ will come again. To say that we scoff at our Lord's return is simply stupid. To say that we (or at least I) scoff at their date-setting nonsense is spot on.

Upvote 0