Jun 27, 2007
✟100,595.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
a veery zealous for Christ lady. She’d received a healing from Benny Hinn years ago and has been receiving the blessings and fellowship with the HS since. But near the end of our conversation it drifted to the work of the angels that she felt surrounded by. She says she prayers many hours a day, mostly praying scripture. But she indicated that the scripture was directed at angels and that what was prayed the angels were ordered to carry out. I told her that my impression was that was polar opposite of keeping our eyes on Jesus while trusting in Him. To me it was a waste of time at the throne if it was all talking and no listening. Was I wrong to say that? (I didn’t exactly say that) Do we have the power to give angels orders and expect action to unfold according to that? I know I’m still at the one step at a time with Christ but if I were to spend my time searching scripture to get my will done I”d have no time for focusing on Christ. Do you think that too or am I being exceedingly skeptic?

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
As a rule, I try not to question somebody else's unprovable spiritual claims. Ultimately, we have no way of knowing what they have or haven't experienced.

I believe in the Communion of the Saints so the idea of petitioning others for prayerful intercession is not exactly a foreign concept. I'd like to know more about what exactly this woman is saying to these "angels" though. Specifically, I'd like to know what her intent is when she speaks to them.

All in all, I don't see a problem with a healthy skepticism. As you've probably noticed, people make all sorts of wacky claims on CF all the time. A few grains of salt can be very beneficial.

At the same time, I would encourage keeping an open mind as God's ways are not our ways and we shouldn't try restricting Him or His ways based on our imperfect understanding of His nature.

Tread lightly, young Jedi.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟725,341.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
a veery zealous for Christ lady. She’d received a healing from Benny Hinn years ago and has been receiving the blessings and fellowship with the HS since. But near the end of our conversation it drifted to the work of the angels that she felt surrounded by. She says she prayers many hours a day, mostly praying scripture. But she indicated that the scripture was directed at angels and that what was prayed the angels were ordered to carry out. I told her that my impression was that was polar opposite of keeping our eyes on Jesus while trusting in Him. To me it was a waste of time at the throne if it was all talking and no listening. Was I wrong to say that? (I didn’t exactly say that) Do we have the power to give angels orders and expect action to unfold according to that? I know I’m still at the one step at a time with Christ but if I were to spend my time searching scripture to get my will done I”d have no time for focusing on Christ. Do you think that too or am I being exceedingly skeptic?

I don't know of any instances of people commanding angels. They are God's servants, not ours. I do believe that I and my Christian friends have been helped by angels several times. But I don't believe in making a big deal out of it. Colossian 2:18 comes to mind. This is the age of deception. I believe that 2 Timothy 3 is being lived out before our eyes. We need to depend on Lord Jesus to keep us in reality and truth. Now that's a prayer that He will answer.

Upvote 0

~Zao~

Wisdom’s child
Supporter
Jun 27, 2007
✟100,595.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
As a rule, I try not to question somebody else's unprovable spiritual claims. Ultimately, we have no way of knowing what they have or haven't experienced.

I believe in the Communion of the Saints so the idea of petitioning others for prayerful intercession is not exactly a foreign concept. I'd like to know more about what exactly this woman is saying to these "angels" though. Specifically, I'd like to know what her intent is when she speaks to them.

All in all, I don't see a problem with a healthy skepticism. As you've probably noticed, people make all sorts of wacky claims on CF all the time. A few grains of salt can be very beneficial.

At the same time, I would encourage keeping an open mind as God's ways are not our ways and we shouldn't try restricting Him or His ways based on our imperfect understanding of His nature.

Tread lightly, young Jedi.
There is that of praying for help from saints long-gone but it sounded off coming from a charismatic background. But that’s not taking Hinn into consideration. Iirc there was a lot of controversy about healing from angels when those threads were going around.

The research that she was doing into what verses brought about the desired results, mostly for her children. There both grown but she says they are both prophets but have the obstacles of getting over drug addictions. That apparently doesn’t hinder them from prophesying. She says she can always tell when it’s from the flesh or from God.

But my point is that if your not focused on Christ then it’s not His mission. She could be directed by the Spirit to those verses for her, I don’t know. It just made me uncomfortable that she would assume she could conduct the orchestra of angels thru her prayers ... my thought would be that you take what you to Him so that He could perform the healing of the matter, a clean conscience is obtained and we’re able to do His bidding in His righteousness. It seems a self-righteous attitude but I’m feeling now like I was too hard in judgement. I hope she didn’t noticed too much :blush:

• Informative
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟122,409.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

Benny Hinn is prosperity preacher, so that alone questions anything else she says.

Upvote 0

~Zao~

Wisdom’s child
Supporter
Jun 27, 2007
✟100,595.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don't know of any instances of people commanding angels. They are God's servants, not ours. I do believe that I and my Christian friends have been helped by angels several times. But I don't believe in making a big deal out of it. Colossian 2:18 comes to mind. This is the age of deception. I believe that 2 Timothy 3 is being lived out before our eyes. We need to depend on Lord Jesus to keep us in reality and truth. Now that's a prayer that He will answer.
It is an asking for help I guess, and a certain formula for desired results. I’m sure angels are very helpful as the bible points out. I’d just never heard of anyone thinking they could direct them thru understanding the kingdom in that way.

Upvote 0

~Zao~

Wisdom’s child
Supporter
Jun 27, 2007
✟100,595.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Benny Hinn is prosperity preacher, so that alone questions anything else she says.
Teachings are about name and claim, and that’s basically it right there. They’re using angels now to carry thru their plans ^_^ Not much more than quantum physics would do for a scientist,.. with as much results. Reminds me of “And they shall have there rewards now”

• Agree
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
It is an asking for help I guess, and a certain formula for desired results. I’m sure angels are very helpful as the bible points out. I’d just never heard of anyone thinking they could direct them thru understanding the kingdom in that way.

agreed. All the angels are under directions from God, so it simply makes much more sense to direct our prayers to God and let Him work out the correct response to what we ask.

So no, she does not have command over the angels. They take their orders from God.
Also putting this out there about the Saints. That works the same way.
We ask the Saints to help us, but we don't "choose a Saint and place our order" so to speak, like we would if we went into an eating establishment and placed our order for lunch.
It's all a matter of showing respect and asking--not demanding.

Upvote 0

Willing-heart

In Christ Alone.
Supporter
Sep 24, 2017
Gloucester
Visit site
✟221,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God created Angels in a way that they are trained to be in subjection to God alone. They are created to respond to God alone, and not at human’s request. It is not only idolatry to pray to angels, but it won’t do you any good. Angels are created beings, and they only serve at God’s command.

Angels…

Upvote 0

A. Sinner

Aug 18, 2019
Yukon
✟1,458.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Isn’t Benny Hinn one of those televangelist types selling miracle water or whatever? Basically the worst kind of “Christians” I can think of. I would take everything this probably batsh*t crazy lady thinks with a grain of salt.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

~Zao~

Wisdom’s child
Supporter
Jun 27, 2007
✟100,595.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
agreed. All the angels are under directions from God, so it simply makes much more sense to direct our prayers to God and let Him work out the correct response to what we ask.

So no, she does not have command over the angels. They take their orders from God.
Also putting this out there about the Saints. That works the same way.
We ask the Saints to help us, but we don't "choose a Saint and place our order" so to speak, like we would if we went into an eating establishment and placed our order for lunch.
It's all a matter of showing respect and asking--not demanding.
Hi pdudgeon. Thanks for the answer. Taking prayers to God and asking Him to work them out is the correct response. I agree. It really thru me off when she said that. I’m not looking forward to seeing her too soon because I know the prosperity aspect of name it and claim it topic will have to come up. She’s very adamant about her beliefs and fully believes that everything she receives is from God because she did the legwork on it. I don’t know how that compares with talking to past saints. Finding the right saint for the right outcome may involve some legwork too so I don’t even want to think about that right now. What I have found is that God does give to those who need ‘things’ to believe. He gives Himself to those who don’t.

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Hi pdudgeon. Thanks for the answer. Taking prayers to God and asking Him to work them out is the correct response. I agree. It really thru me off when she said that. I’m not looking forward to seeing her too soon because I know the prosperity aspect of name it and claim it topic will have to come up. She’s very adamant about her beliefs and fully believes that everything she receives is from God because she did the legwork on it. I don’t know how that compares with talking to past saints. Finding the right saint for the right outcome may involve some legwork too so I don’t even want to think about that right now. What I have found is that God does give to those who need ‘things’ to believe. He gives Himself to those who don’t.
if and when the topic of "Prosperity" does come up, all you have to do is ask her one question: Would you rather have your reward in Heaven or here on Earth?
and then ask her why.

That should give her something to think about.

• Agree
Reactions: ~Zao~
Upvote 0

froggtmom

Aug 20, 2019
Flat Rock
✟15,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Our focus must be on Jesus Christ and we must pray continually to discern his will. Angels also were created be God to be his servants and do his will.I believe we can ask our guardian angel for help, direction and to bring our petitions to our Heavenly Father, but they are not subject to our orders only God's.

Reactions: ~Zao~
Upvote 0