So a diabetic Methodist and his wife walk into an Orthodox forum...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MariaRegina

Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟115,460.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Love comes from God; finds its source in God. However, there are degrees of love, and our love isn't perfected until we reach theosis, where we are transformed by God's love especially through the Holy Sacraments of the Orthodox Church.

So God's love is realized through the Church and in the Church.

Without the guidance of Christ's Holy Church, our love can be self-centered and we can be in a state of delusion.

Upvote 0

Davis

Veteran
Jul 23, 2005
Gowanda, NY
✟10,033.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
:) Boy you guys really went to town with that comment. My point was just that I know some of Gods people including myself sometimes that puts worldly things ahead of Gods perfect love. I was not just talking about any old love. My apologizes for not making that clear in the first place. Thank you for pointing out my typing error. :)

Your brother in Christ,
Brett

Upvote 0

Davis

Veteran
Jul 23, 2005
Gowanda, NY
✟10,033.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Nope no one has scared me away. Just trying to make sense of a few things. I probably never will. Especially the one true body comments that I hear so often. :(
Thank you for your kindess and the love that you show though Aria. Sometimes I just don't find that here.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MariaRegina

Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟115,460.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Nope no one has scared me away. Just trying to make sense of a few things. I probably never will. Especially the one true body comments that I hear so often. :(
Thank you for your kindess and the love that you show though Aria. Sometimes I just don't find that here.
Didn't Christ establish only One Church?

Yes, it is sad that we Christians are so fragmented, but it is through pride, isn't it?

The Early Church Fathers did teach that pride gives birth to schisms that divide the Church, which is the Body of Christ. And the Body of Christ should not be divided.

Upvote 0

Davis

Veteran
Jul 23, 2005
Gowanda, NY
✟10,033.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yes I agree Aria. But I believe that the One Church is us as believers in Christ. Not for a certain group or style that we belong too. Thats why I consider you all brothers in Christ. We are one. We are not divided. We all long for the same thing and we all believe that our Lord Jesus Christ died for our awfull sins and rose to life and defeated death. The prize my brothers and sisters is why we are one. Because of our Lord Jesus Christ who unites us all under his blood. Its all about that awesome thing called grace. :)

Upvote 0

DonVA

May 20, 2006
Virginia
Visit site
✟10,207.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Yes I agree Aria. But I believe that the One Church is us as believers in Christ. Not for a certain group or style that we belong too. Thats why I consider you all brothers in Christ. We are one. We are not divided. We all long for the same thing and we all believe that our Lord Jesus Christ died for our awfull sins and rose to life and defeated death. The prize my brothers and sisters is why we are one. Because of our Lord Jesus Christ who unites us all under his blood. Its all about that awesome thing called grace. :)
Davis,

We cannot and do not profess to knowing where God chooses to grant His Grace. It is our belief, however, that Orthodoxy provides us with the best roadmap to salvation that there is. We do not deny others' Christianity, but for so many denominations, their beliefs do not fall in line with ours. Many churches have sprung up over the years to worship in a way that suited the congregation. Some believe that they simply have to accept Jesus as their Savior and the job is done. Some believe baptisms not conducted in the name of The Holy Trinity are valid, some who call themselves Christian even believe that Christ and Satan are brothers.

Some believe the Eucharist is symbolic, some believe it is the true Body & Blood of our Lord.

We are doing the best that we can to worship God in the same way the Apostles taught us. It is through the practices and teachings of the Apostles and the Early Church Fathers that we each hope to achieve eternal life with Christ our God.

Upvote 0

Orthocat

Veteran
Jun 8, 2006
✟2,393.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Didn't Christ establish only One Church?

Yes, it is sad that we Christians are so fragmented, but it is through pride, isn't it?

The Early Church Fathers did teach that pride gives birth to schisms that divide the Church, which is the Body of Christ. And the Body of Christ should not be divided.

Truth.

Pride divided one third of Heaven from the rest.
Should we still consider them all as one?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.