Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I did not know that about the great basin.
Great Basin - Wikipedia
I do know the garden was not in the U.S.

I do know the Ogallala Aquifer could run out.
Crisis on the High Plains: The Loss of America’s Largest Aquifer – the Ogallala | University of Denver Water Law Review at the Sturm College of Law

Where are the rivers from Garden of eden now.
Two of the rivers most would agree on.
Tigris and Euphrates

I would think God obscured the exact location,
but is somewhere in that general vacinity.
Where Are the Four Rivers that Come from Eden?
-

Tigris; The river flows south from the mountains of southeastern Turkey through Iraq and empties into the Persian Gulf.

Euphrates; Originating in the Armenian Highlands (eastern Turkey), the Euphrates flows through Syria and Iraq to join the Tigris in the Shatt al-Arab, which empties into the Persian Gulf.

The Persian Gulf is connected to the Indian Ocean through the Strait of Hormuz.

The Euphrates River is later mentioned in G‑d’s promise to Abraham regarding the Land of Israel, and is used as one of the defining borders of the Promised Land

Any exact place before the flood is guessing.
rivers.
The Fertile Crescent could have been the area of
earliest human civilizations just after the garden.

https://www.history.com/topics/pre-history/fertile-crescent
"The Fertile Crescent is the boomerang-shaped region of the Middle East that was home to some of the earliest human civilizations.

Also known as the “Cradle of Civilization,”
Looking at the pic from your link (four rivers from eden) and another one of the tectonic plates, it seems possible that the Nile may have joined the Tigris and Euphrates rivers.

DSSo9138512.jpg

800px-Plates_tect2_en.svg.png

That does mean that Eden could have been around Israel. The ark also could have landed not too far away if the plates moved after the flood. (close enough that the doves could have brought Noah an olive leaf from a tree growing at the time in the mount of Olives.

Upvote 0

Semper-Fi

Site Supporter
May 26, 2019
Pacific north west
✟404,495.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The ancestors of current snakes did have legs

The whole genetic apparatus for developing
legs is still there. But a mutation in the gene,
was broken or suppressed, this was done in
the Genesis account in the garden.

Upvote 0

GOD Shines Forth!

Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2019
United States
✟355,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Even if you go by how long it takes for a planet the size of earth to cool to its current temperature it’s several million years and neither of these takes radiodating into consideration.

"For He spoke, and it came to be; He commanded, and it stood firm."—Psalm 33

Do you accept the Psalms? Why would Earth need to cool? Why would anything need to "evolve"? He spoke and it came to be. He sustains all things by His powerful word. Science looks backwards, through a glass darkly. God does not have to fit the parameters set by puny Man.

Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Do you accept the Psalms? Why would Earth need to cool? Why would anything need to "evolve"? He spoke and it came to be. He sustains all things by His powerful word. Science looks backwards, through a glass darkly. God does not have to fit the parameters set by puny Man.
Science only reports what Nature says about itself . Nature is the way God made it . I don’t live in the Bronze Age and I don’t need to hold to their Bronze Age misconceptions because we simply know better. You have a bizarre misunderstanding of what science is like.

Upvote 0

GOD Shines Forth!

Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2019
United States
✟355,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
You have a bizarre misunderstanding of what science is like.

Glass houses...

"Science", these days, is a highly degraded field.

"Man in his pomp yet without understanding is like the beasts that perish."--Psalm 49:20

That is a fact of which 97% of scientists know ZIP!

Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Glass houses...

"Science", these days, is a highly degraded field.

"Man in his pomp yet without understanding is like the beasts that perish."--Psalm 49:20

That is a fact of which 97% of scientists know ZIP!
How would You know ? Judging from some of your previous answers I’d say you were scientifically illiterate. Which means you’re not in any position to determine the truth or falsity of that statement you made.

Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

earth is still cooling . Just the crust is solid and that’s just a thin skin over the surface of the earth

Upvote 0

GOD Shines Forth!

Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2019
United States
✟355,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
How would You know ? Judging from some of your previous answers I’d say you were scientifically illiterate. Which means you’re not in any position to determine the truth or falsity of that statement you made.

This isn't Science Forums, it’s Christian Forums, and you’re the one who wrote off Genesis...so there’s that. I use Scripture (simple and true), and you run to Man (complicated and fallen). No contest.

I wouldn’t get haughty with your claims of millions of years. You have no way of knowing what earth was like in the beginning, or how it changed at God's discretion. Your "science" is one huge assumption factory.

Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Whatever! So you’re going with the no true Scotsman argument . Not every one thinks genesis is a history . Not even all Christians. since you’re scientifically illiterate, you have no way to determine whether any science fact is accurate or not and your silly mischaracterization of scientific knowledge will be ignored. I also can tell that some rocks are much older than 6000 years simply because I understand some basic chemistry and geology. You can mischaracterize that as haughtiness if you want to. I normally call that being educated in basic science

Last edited:
Upvote 0