Snakes with hind legs lasted 70 million years

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
CBA19DE8-8038-4D2E-890B-37C346123A6D.jpeg
16352FDE-6F51-43A9-8521-ED8DFF590065.png

Brightmoon

Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It’s kind of obvious that snakes and lizards are related . Snakes have lost some skull bones and their skull is more flexible because the bones able to move apart Here’s a blue tongued skink to compare
12661AE2-6B3A-4652-9C5E-5DC4AEBB7D4B.png
3E684188-0D5E-405D-9F30-A97E53A7C993.jpeg

Upvote 0

Contenders Edge

Supporter
May 13, 2019
Hayfork
✟167,447.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There's nothing written in Genesis specifying when it happened.

No, but we do have a good estimate as when it did happen based upon the genealogical records and how long the people mentioned in those genealogies lived. That is how historian Bishop James Ussher concluded how old the earth is.

Upvote 0

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
No, but we do have a good estimate as when it did happen based upon the genealogical records and how long the people mentioned in those genealogies lived. That is how historian Bishop James Ussher concluded how old the earth is.

There are many problems with that chronology, such as the gap between Genesis 1 and 2.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Contenders Edge

Supporter
May 13, 2019
Hayfork
✟167,447.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There is a potential gap that could include a vast amount of time. And that is just one theory.

I see nothing in the text that suggests that at all.

• Agree
Reactions: RTP76
Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Can you explain the gap?
. Personally I don’t accept anything in Genesis as an actual history . Neither does my church . There’s no evidence for an earth less than 4.5 billion years old.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
. Personally I don’t accept anything in Genesis as an actual history . Neither does my church . There’s no evidence for an earth less than 4.5 billion years old.

Original sin...
The shared sinful condition of all humanity. This Christian doctrine is drawn from the Pauline writings, such as Rom 5:12-19 and 1 Cor 15:21-22, which suggest that humanity shares by nature in the fall of Adam described in Gn 3. Paul likewise urges that the consequences for humanity of Adam's fall are to be reversed through saving participation in Christ's victory over sin and death.

The Episcopal Church may disagree with you. They seem to present Genesis as literal. I can't speak for your local church.

Are you saying the fall never happened? No garden? No deception? No act of disobedience? No fig leaf?

Concerning evidence....some scientist have dated rocks to be more than 65+ MY old. From these rocks they have removed fossilized dinosaur bones. Because they have placed a date on the rocks they tell us the fossilized dinosaur bones are as old as the rocks. Then a problem arose inwhich they, and you, seem to be having a great deal of trouble with but won't admit it. They find dinosaur biomaterial contained with in the fossilized bones...and it's still soft. Degraded but still original material. If the earth is as old as claimed, how did the material survive? Not decay away or fossilize? It pretty much call into question the dating techniques and the old age of the earth. But you said there’s no evidence for an earth less than 4.5 billion years old.....Yes there is.

• Agree
Reactions: IntriKate
Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have no idea what it is they think they see that suggests a gap but all I know is when I read the Bible, the text shows no such thing.

The gap is typically placed in Gen 1:2..... The earth was without form and void,....was is changed to "became". This allows for an Old Earth. I've never heard of anyone trying to insert the long time frame between Gen 2 and 3. I hope Strathos replies and presents their opinion as to why there is a gap there.

Upvote 0

Contenders Edge

Supporter
May 13, 2019
Hayfork
✟167,447.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The gap is typically placed in Gen 1:2..... The earth was without form and void,....was is changed to "became". This allows for an Old Earth. I've never heard of anyone trying to insert the long time frame between Gen 2 and 3. I hope Strathos replies and presents their opinion as to why there is a gap there.

But that is based on the theories of those who attempt to reconcile the doctrines of Uniformitarianism with the scriptures but we do not get that from the text itself.

Reactions: -57
Upvote 0