Snakes/Giant Anacondas Symbolic Meaning???

Nov 13, 2011
✟15,229.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hey guys, hope you have all been doing well!!! Haven't posted on here in a while been busy as of late and haven't been dreaming too much.
I had an interesting dream last night I wanted to share with everyone. A little background: I have had several dreams about snakes throughout my life. And a month ago I was working outside when me & my boss spotted a huge 5 foot bull snake in the street, it was the biggest snake I have ever seen in Colorado before!!!
I had some very vivid dreams last night. I dreamt I was hanging out with my family we were in some sort of jeep wrangler type mobile/walking on the ground. It was in a pretty nice neighborhood and it was around sunset. We were driving/walking and I spotted a huge snake. It looked just like the bull snake I had seen in real life. It began trying to bite at us/lunge toward us. Out of nowhere snake after snake after snake began to appear, they kept growing larger in size, and continued to try and bite us.We were driving away and they started chasing us. At first I panicked because of how huge and intimidating they looked. But I noticed everytime they tried attacking us they would miss, usually hitting my shoes. No one was bitten and the last thing I remember is driving away safely.

WeWillSeeHimWhenHeAppears

Every eye will see Him, even those who pierced Him
May 8, 2012
✟7,827.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It was in a pretty nice neighborhood and it was around sunset.

The world with Christians in it just prior to sundown (the time when the Lord removes all His people at the rapture)

It began trying to bite at us/lunge toward us. Out of nowhere snake after snake after snake began to appear

The onslaught of darkness the closer we get to the rapture (and beyond, up to the return of Christ in glory in the sky)

We were driving away

heading home to heaven

But I noticed everytime they tried attacking us they would miss, usually hitting my shoes.

Your shoes, because you are headed upwards (to glory at the rapture) -- so that's as high as the snakes can reach as you are headed upwards (your shoes are lifting up off the ground; those snakes can just barely touch your shoes as they lift off, in that case).

No one was bitten and the last thing I remember is driving away safely.

"Driving away safely" = "off to glory"

Upvote 0

MastersPiece

May 29, 2012
Seated in Heavenly Places
✟3,174.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Hi Warrior4TheLord,
The Jeep indicates that your ministry to others takes you to places & situations that are spiritually rough & challenging & the people you minister to are rough/challenging as well (if you don't do this kind of work currently, then prepare yourself because you're going to! lol) = The enemy doesn't like it when we do that kind of work & often attacks us through others, he even attacks us using Christians who are not fully mature.. sad.

A snake represents lies & demonic attacks (especially bad if the snake is black in the dream). So it appears that you will have a very LARGE SCALE attack (lie) from the size of this particular snake. Remember that a lie breeds more lies.. thus the initial attack takes place & then more snakes appear afterwards. However - the good news is, that although this may be an upsetting situation, you are putting on your spiritual armour daily & you obviously have your feet fit with the readiness of the gospel of peace - good for you! You will be protected by the Lord. PS... the fact that it was around 'sunset' means that this will happen near the end of a particular season for you

I often see or think about the object of my dream prior to dreaming it - years ago I thought this meant the dream was coming from my subconscious but I've learned that the Lord will often cause us to see or think about such things prior to giving us a dream to communicate thru that symbol. Just last week I had an email from someone who said there are bears lose in their city & then days later dreamed about a bear - it was a dream from the Lord also.
God's blessings your way!

Upvote 0
Nov 13, 2011
✟15,229.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi Warrior4TheLord,
The Jeep indicates that your ministry to others takes you to places & situations that are spiritually rough & challenging & the people you minister to are rough/challenging as well (if you don't do this kind of work currently, then prepare yourself because you're going to! lol) = The enemy doesn't like it when we do that kind of work & often attacks us through others, he even attacks us using Christians who are not fully mature.. sad.

A snake represents lies & demonic attacks (especially bad if the snake is black in the dream). So it appears that you will have a very LARGE SCALE attack (lie) from the size of this particular snake. Remember that a lie breeds more lies.. thus the initial attack takes place & then more snakes appear afterwards. However - the good news is, that although this may be an upsetting situation, you are putting on your spiritual armour daily & you obviously have your feet fit with the readiness of the gospel of peace - good for you! You will be protected by the Lord. PS... the fact that it was around 'sunset' means that this will happen near the end of a particular season for you

I often see or think about the object of my dream prior to dreaming it - years ago I thought this meant the dream was coming from my subconscious but I've learned that the Lord will often cause us to see or think about such things prior to giving us a dream to communicate thru that symbol. Just last week I had an email from someone who said there are bears lose in their city & then days later dreamed about a bear - it was a dream from the Lord also.
God's blessings your way!

Wow what you just said just makes total sense to me and the place i'm at in my life. I'm going to ministry school in California in 2 months and have been digging deeper in my relationship with God than every before. I can tell you have a prophetic gifting sister!
Thank you for your interpretation as well

Upvote 0
Sep 4, 2011
✟10,276.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
And a month ago I was working outside when me & my boss spotted a huge 5 foot bull snake in the street, it was the biggest snake I have ever seen in Colorado before!!!
I'm guessing this was a real life incident -- one that would have rattled you (ha ha pun). Interesting that it's a non-venomous snake, showing that the fear is greater than the real danger.

Awakening suggested supernatural activity. While people have seen snakes in a variety of ways in dreams, it seems that we frequently see ones where a snake does represent a demonic stronghold -- either in a family, church, or region. They seem to take on the "dominion" aspect ... snakes quietly move through their territory unseen, but are quite good at keeping out pests and scaring away new residents.

I was hanging out with my family we were in some sort of jeep wrangler type

Years ago, jeeps were military vehicles, and civilians drove them on roads to be unique and edgy -or nostalgic of military days. Jeeps have always made a statement about being more down-to-earth or adventurous... living in the outdoor action. (Compare to a Rolls or a minivan.) They have always spoken of values... but now the new Wranglers are seen more in the hands of wealthy teens and midlife-crisis guys. They have been 4-wheel drive -- rugged and adaptable to different terrains.

In your dream, I would see this as your family making the choice to live under a more daring set of values -- willing to give up average comforts, for a more adventurous life.

mobile/walking on the ground.

Walking is similar --determined to have more control and take risks of less comfort for the sake of more maneuverability.

Late in time. A pleasant time of the day, which precedes a time of darkness, which may include unknowns, fear and coldness.

We were driving/walking and I spotted a huge snake.
Generally, a threat. Snakes don't leap out at everything, but make single targeted attacks that can be deadly. You had healthy respect/fear of its potential to harm your movement.

It looked just like the bull snake I had seen in real life.
Oh wow! So if God is showing you something with the similarity, consider that it might be its bark is worse than its bite. (Do you like how I mixed metaphors there?)

It began trying to bite at us/lunge toward us.

Sounds more random and aggressive than a usual snake.

Out of nowhere snake after snake after snake began to appear, they kept growing larger in size, and continued to try and bite us.

This multiplication of risks is common in dreams, especially stress dreams. You end up feeling overwhelmed, and sense of control lapses. Compare the faith level of the beginning of the dream -- confident and maybe daring -- with the helpless hopelessness of being so surrounded with dangers.

We were driving away and they started chasing us.
Fortunately you rose above them, sheltered in the shell of the car body. You had the potential to move away faster than snakes can slither, so you should have had many advantages above them.

At first I panicked because of how huge and intimidating they looked. But I noticed everytime they tried attacking us they would miss, usually hitting my shoes.

Your shoes protect your feet. Your feet start movement. When you speed the gospel of peace, you cover your feet with shoes so the stones don't hurt and the snakes don't bite. (And hookwork, smushed slugs, poison ivy, hot sand... all sorts of risks.)

So picture some of the ways you are trying to move in life -- work, school, girlfriend, family life, broader goals and ideals, philosophies on living. You saw these snakes as impeding your progress, getting in the way of your success, movement, progress, and travel.

Yay!

I am not going to guess at what is going on in your life, but it does sound like you are feeling like things are tripping you up. Try using scriptures in your prayers -- voicing what God has said about what He wants to do in Your life. If you have a "Promise Book" or categorized list, go to the section on everlasting life/salvation... these verses return us to remembrance of the concept that God does love us and does want to work in our lives.

The family aspect seemed nice... I would guess these people might represent friends or church family, reminding you of what you gain from having others around you, like-minded. (Or it might be literal family members.)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Nov 13, 2011
✟15,229.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello, my name is Nakita, and I interpret dreams for the will of God. I am new to this website. I am called by God to help those who are in need of help since time is very short.

Just a reminder. Do not listen to what others have to say about dreams and visions. There are a lot of scoffers out there you know. The reason for dreams and visions is so that the Holy Spirit can train us into righteousness/perfection.

The reason why you are having recurring dreams is because you are continuing the same patern after patern in your waking life. Recurring dreams indicates unresolved issues, unhealthy behavior patterns, and unexpressed emotions.

To see your own family in your dream represents security, warmth and love. It could also symbolize bitterness, jealousy, or rivalry, depending on your relationship with your family. Alternatively, it could mean that you are overly dependent on your family, especially if the family members are in your recurring dreams. Since you claim that your family were in the car with you means that your family are slowly leading you into a path of destruction; eternal damnation.

READ: The Narrow and Wide Gates:
Matthew 7:13-14 “Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

Please read Luke 12:49-53 and Matthew 10:34-37.

Not Peace but Division
Luke 12:49-53 "I have come to bring fire on the earth, and how I wish it were already kindled! But I have a baptism to undergo, and how distressed I am until it is completed! Do you think I came to bring peace on earth? No, I tell you, but division. From now on there will be five in one family divided against each other, three against two and two against three. They will be divided, father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law."

Matthew 10:34-37 "Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to turn
"‘a man against his father,
a daughter against her mother,
a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law—
a man’s enemies will be the members of his own household.’
"Anyone who loves his father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves his son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me; and anyone who does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me. Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it.

The jeep in your dream suggests that you need to adopt a more Holy/righteous lifestyle because right now you are idle. You need to get out and start preaching the gospel. First of all, you need to put off falsehood and sin out of your life, but first you need to have your sins washed away by truly repenting and turning away from your sins period. Alternatively, the dream may be a pun on "jeepin", which is slang for having sex in the car. Perhaps you might be committing the act of sexual immorality such as fornication. You need to add "non-conventionality" to your sex life which means that you need to practice abstinence. The unknown neighborhood that you were in signifies aspects of your subconscious. You being in a unknown territory pretty much represents your lack of faith and how Christianity is new or unfamiliar to you. You are venturing into a brand new territory such as Christianity which is making you slightly anxious and uneasy.
To see the sunset in your dream signifies contemplation and evaluation. You need to devote your life to Christ our Lord and Savior/God a.k.a. the Father. You must keep and obey/follow the commandments that are written in the book of law. To dream that you are driving a vehicle signifies your life's journey and your path in life. The dream is telling of how you are moving and navigating through life. If your view is blocked or obstructed while you are driving, than it symbolizes your lack awareness, wisdom, and knowledge for Jesus Christ's teachings according to the bible. You are not 100 PERCENT aware of Satan's schemes. Also, you are not aware of the chastisements/rebukes that are coming from the Holy Spirit. READ VERSE: Hebrews 12:4-13. You are overlooking certain aspects in your life. Alternatively, the dream indicates dangers or problems that are not yet made known to you. Since you claim that the jeep wrangler is a mobile/walking machine that walks on the ground, was it having a difficult time driving/walking when the huge snake attacked the jeep? If it was, than it indicates that you are reluctant and hesitant in proceeding forward into ceasing sexual immorality. You may also be trying to distance yourself from certain life experiences such as trials and tribulations. The difficulty in walking is a reflection of your current situation and the obstacles that you are experiencing, such as temptations in your life.
To see a untamed, raging bull snake and to be be bitten by one in your dream signifies hidden fears and worries that are threatening you. Your dream may be alerting you to something in your waking life that you are not aware of or that has not yet surfaced, which is the attacks that you are experiencing in your sleep. Your flesh is battling against spirit. Or it could be that you are receiving chastisements from the Lord. You must resist the devil from its desires of sin that is raging against your soul/body or it won't flee from you. Alternatively, the snake may be seen as phallic and thus symbolize temptation, dangerous and forbidden sexuality. Since you have mentioned that the snake is huge, it means that you have an inflated opinion about yourself. You think you are saved, but in Matthew 7:21, it says, "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven." The one who endures to the end will be saved (Matthew 24:13). You also need to stand firm in the faith and in righteousness. You have not overcome your sins yet. Basically, you are being self-righteous, which means that you are seeking your own will and not God's will for you. Alternatively, the dream indicates that your passions may be out of control. The bull snake may also represent a person in your life who is born under the Taurus sign. He/She is probably the person who you are commiting sexuals acts with. You must cut/remove her/him out of your life.

When you were trying to escape from the huge bull snake, you were trying to let go of your sin of fornication/sexual immorality, but since you can not overcome fornication/sexual immorality, you are bound by the snake a.k.a. the serpent who is the devil.
May I also add that the many snakes in your dream represents the many times you have repented of the same sin. You keep on repeating the same sin all over again. I am warning you to stop sinning today for the sake of your soul.

READ MY FAVORITE VERSE:
1 John 3:4-10 Everyone who sins breaks the law; in fact, sin is lawlessness. But you know that he appeared so that he might take away our sins. And in him is no sin. No one who lives in him keeps on sinning. No one who continues to sin has either seen him or known him.

Dear children, do not let anyone lead you astray. He who does what is right is righteous, just as he is righteous. He who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil’s work. No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God’s seed remains in him; he cannot go on sinning, because he has been born of God. This is how we know who the children of God are and who the children of the devil are: Anyone who does not do what is right is not a child of God; nor is anyone who does not love his brother.

Your whole interpretation is TOTALLY OFF. I have not had sex in 4 years,I have a great relationship with my family, I seek purity in everything I do. I repent from my sins every day and am seeking God with all my heart. I appreciate your attempt to interpret my dream but it's 100% OFF from who I am, I'm a man of God and I have been a Christian my whole life. I'm going to ministry school in September. All your interpretation offered was blasphemies and judgement and you don't even know me. I suggest asking God next time you interpret something instead of going off YOUR own understanding

Upvote 0
Nov 13, 2011
✟15,229.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm guessing this was a real life incident -- one that would have rattled you (ha ha pun). Interesting that it's a non-venomous snake, showing that the fear is greater than the real danger.

Awakening suggested supernatural activity. While people have seen snakes in a variety of ways in dreams, it seems that we frequently see ones where a snake does represent a demonic stronghold -- either in a family, church, or region. They seem to take on the "dominion" aspect ... snakes quietly move through their territory unseen, but are quite good at keeping out pests and scaring away new residents.

I was hanging out with my family we were in some sort of jeep wrangler type

Years ago, jeeps were military vehicles, and civilians drove them on roads to be unique and edgy -or nostalgic of military days. Jeeps have always made a statement about being more down-to-earth or adventurous... living in the outdoor action. (Compare to a Rolls or a minivan.) They have always spoken of values... but now the new Wranglers are seen more in the hands of wealthy teens and midlife-crisis guys. They have been 4-wheel drive -- rugged and adaptable to different terrains.

In your dream, I would see this as your family making the choice to live under a more daring set of values -- willing to give up average comforts, for a more adventurous life.

mobile/walking on the ground.

Walking is similar --determined to have more control and take risks of less comfort for the sake of more maneuverability.

Late in time. A pleasant time of the day, which precedes a time of darkness, which may include unknowns, fear and coldness.

We were driving/walking and I spotted a huge snake.
Generally, a threat. Snakes don't leap out at everything, but make single targeted attacks that can be deadly. You had healthy respect/fear of its potential to harm your movement.

It looked just like the bull snake I had seen in real life.
Oh wow! So if God is showing you something with the similarity, consider that it might be its bark is worse than its bite. (Do you like how I mixed metaphors there?)

It began trying to bite at us/lunge toward us.

Sounds more random and aggressive than a usual snake.

Out of nowhere snake after snake after snake began to appear, they kept growing larger in size, and continued to try and bite us.

This multiplication of risks is common in dreams, especially stress dreams. You end up feeling overwhelmed, and sense of control lapses. Compare the faith level of the beginning of the dream -- confident and maybe daring -- with the helpless hopelessness of being so surrounded with dangers.

We were driving away and they started chasing us.
Fortunately you rose above them, sheltered in the shell of the car body. You had the potential to move away faster than snakes can slither, so you should have had many advantages above them.

At first I panicked because of how huge and intimidating they looked. But I noticed everytime they tried attacking us they would miss, usually hitting my shoes.

Your shoes protect your feet. Your feet start movement. When you speed the gospel of peace, you cover your feet with shoes so the stones don't hurt and the snakes don't bite. (And hookwork, smushed slugs, poison ivy, hot sand... all sorts of risks.)

So picture some of the ways you are trying to move in life -- work, school, girlfriend, family life, broader goals and ideals, philosophies on living. You saw these snakes as impeding your progress, getting in the way of your success, movement, progress, and travel.

Yay!

I am not going to guess at what is going on in your life, but it does sound like you are feeling like things are tripping you up. Try using scriptures in your prayers -- voicing what God has said about what He wants to do in Your life. If you have a "Promise Book" or categorized list, go to the section on everlasting life/salvation... these verses return us to remembrance of the concept that God does love us and does want to work in our lives.

The family aspect seemed nice... I would guess these people might represent friends or church family, reminding you of what you gain from having others around you, like-minded. (Or it might be literal family members.)

Thanks for the interpretation, yours are always the most spot on! Currently I'm working full time, getting ready for ministry school in September. My relationship with Jesus is the best it has ever been in life. I devoted this summer to maturing in my spiritual life. I have been learning what intimacy with God is, and learning to hear His voice on a deeper level. Right nows really just a time of waiting and learning to be patient for me.

Upvote 0
A

All4HISglory

Warrior4TheLord said:
Hey guys, hope you have all been doing well!!! Haven't posted on here in a while been busy as of late and haven't been dreaming too much.
I had an interesting dream last night I wanted to share with everyone. A little background: I have had several dreams about snakes throughout my life. And a month ago I was working outside when me & my boss spotted a huge 5 foot bull snake in the street, it was the biggest snake I have ever seen in Colorado before!!!
I had some very vivid dreams last night. I dreamt I was hanging out with my family we were in some sort of jeep wrangler type mobile/walking on the ground. It was in a pretty nice neighborhood and it was around sunset. We were driving/walking and I spotted a huge snake. It looked just like the bull snake I had seen in real life. It began trying to bite at us/lunge toward us. Out of nowhere snake after snake after snake began to appear, they kept growing larger in size, and continued to try and bite us.We were driving away and they started chasing us. At first I panicked because of how huge and intimidating they looked. But I noticed everytime they tried attacking us they would miss, usually hitting my shoes. No one was bitten and the last thing I remember is driving away safely.

Hi. I wanted to share something with you since your dream hit close to home for me.

We've been dealing with the concept and characteristics of the snake in my church for a while now. My husband recently had a dream of a snake where he and I were under attack.

The outcome of that for me was that I needed to shift my focus from looking for the snake to doing what God called me to do concerning the snake. (in my husbands dream, I got caught up with looking for a baby snake to the point where I missed the large one coming towards me from behind).

From your dream I received a little nugget that relates to my husbands dream but could apply to you as well if it resonates in your spirit. if not, it gave me some joy knowing that God is the protection and He has His people safe in the palm of His hand.

As Parsley pointed out, a jeep is most relatable to a military vehicle. But what strikes me is how your dream has the vehicle on what you viewed as a nice neighborhood. Was the jeep necessary for the type of ground you were on? I personally see the jeep in your dream as being a spiritually equipped vehicle for where God has you. You are in a vehicle that was made to endure rough terrain. Although you had trouble on every side, the snakes were not able to successfully attack/harm you or your family.

Since that jeep represents the equipment/protection of God, your family was able to escape. They were safe inside the jeep. Even though the neighborhood was nice, I see the walking part as possibly being relaxed or trusting of your environment so much to the point that your outside of the vehicle. For me, I would possibly try to see if God desired for you to be out of the vehicle walking or was it better to have continued driving? Just a thought I had when reading your dream.

Again this is just me, but since you dream continuously of snakes (throughout your life), I would be inclined to think that you are able to spot the enemy in form. Be it his tactics, tricks, schemes or his actual self. Especially since you see them in dreams and in the natural. God never leaves us ignorant to the devils devices. He exposes and shows up the plan of the enemy.

It could be just that. God showing you that the enemy may be attempting something but you are in an equipped vehicle to drive your family to safety. That equipped vehicle is being rooted and grounded in Him.

This may or may not help you but it has blessed me so :) God bless you and thank you so much for sharing.

~For Your glory Lord {iPad}

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Cindy May

Jun 4, 2019
Phoenix
✟15,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I see this is an old thread, but it showed up on a google search of mine. I just wanted to add that we (the church/the bride) have a great resource now in the book, THE DIVINITY CODE.

*********The remainder is information about the book, if you desire good info! :)***************

It came out later than 2012, and it provides incredible help for interpreting dreams. There's a huge glossary (you will want the paper-book copy of this one) with all the symbolic meanings in dreams and parables. I have found it invaluable in my journey to understand what God is speaking to me about in any given dream. Patricia King wrote the book endorsement (if you know her), and what I found most fascinating, is that God led one of the authors to pray in the Spirit for 2 years, M-F, 6 hours a day!

When Holy Spirit speaks, (and He's the one speaking when we pray in the Spirit!), He gets powerful things done! This entire ministry was birthed out of the time that man (Adrian or Adam?) spent, letting the Holy Spirit release the mysteries of heaven (i.e. God's will!) into the earthly realm. This is nothing the author had given any thought to or was particularly interested in. But toward the end of the 2nd year, he found God consistently putting him in situations (coffee shops, etc), where he'd overhear people sharing their dreams with a friend, and he discovered he knew the exact meaning, without looking up a thing.

All that praying had been also edifying him, and building him up in spiritual wisdom. I've seen them minister, and God does powerful things in the life of each individual who is ministered to by them. Whether it's deliverance or confirmation of a message of God, or.... ANYONE can use the book! But watching them in action was glorious. Biggest general things I learned were that most if not all dreams are from God, usually instructive or corrective. As the Bible (God's word) requires action on our part, so do dreams. When we take the appropriate action, we are then recipients of whatever God was showing us or warning us of.

Warning dreams are "scary" at first, because they appear to be a movie of something that has already taken place. But they are of future events, and should be taken incredibly seriously. I'm sharing that, to hopefully help others. I had one dream a year in advance of anything happening. I didn't understand that when God gives us a dream, it is His word, therefore the message is valuable for the rest of our lives. Especially if it's a warning dream, pay careful attention, until that threat has passed. If I had continued to meditate on that dream until it came to pass, I would have avoided a HUGE amount (7 years) of harm to myself. Very painful lesson--both to me and to the kingdom.

So my thought, is to keep after it, asking God to reveal more of it to you, so that you garner all He is communicating to you, and so that you can be full protected, or take the full action He desires you to take--possibly to bring someone to faith or possibly to protect someone or yourself. So many different things He communicates this way. I love His creativity. :) There's always some action involved--even if it is being vigilant or praying about it until God reveals all that He wants you to know and do!

Upvote 0

Cindy May

Jun 4, 2019
Phoenix
✟15,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I grew up in a more mainline type church (Baptist, Luthern, Methodist, etc), and in my early adult years I attended a non-denominational church. I didn't know that the church I went to, and its denomination didn't believe anything outside of the Bible could be genuinely coming from God. The idea that led to that thinking is that God stopped speaking once the Bible was written, and that nothing beyond the Bible (having been cannonized) can be proven to be the word of God, and therefore cannot be proven to be trustworthy.

I changed my mind on that subject for several reasons. First, God is the same yesterday, today and forever. Second, if I can find it's a way he communicated with man in the Bible, that means He could still choose to communicate that way, since He is the same God and time doesn't exist in His abode. And third, I always use the Bible as the plumbline as to whether the dream's meaning matches Scripture. If it does, then I believe this Scripture applies: "Do not abstain from prophecy. Test everything. Hold Fast to what is good." A dream can most definitely fall under the category of the prophetic. :)

Upvote 0