johndoo

Mar 5, 2013
✟60,389.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
What do you all do in yours?
I had purchased kale at the farmer's market. So I massaged kale in lemon juice, threw in some orange juice concentrate, water, left-over grapes (almost ready for the garbage disposal), and a tsp of sugar.

It was ok and very nutritious. Except the sugar.

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Distilled water, orange juice concentrate, kale or some kind of greens, carrots, ginger root, cinnamon, a peeled and cored apple, raw sunflower seeds (no roasting-no salt), egg, and Knox unflavored gelatin.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Distilled water, green tea (contents of a tea bag-but take it out of the tea bag --i read somewhere that tea bags, the paper or whatever is used, can sometimes be toxic), ginger root, crushed pineapple (in its own juice), orange juice concentrate, carrots, an egg, and cinnamon.

Upvote 0

johndoo

Mar 5, 2013
✟60,389.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Distilled water, green tea (contents of a tea bag-but take it out of the tea bag --i read somewhere that tea bags, the paper or whatever is used, can sometimes be toxic), ginger root, crushed pineapple (in its own juice), orange juice concentrate, carrots, an egg, and cinnamon.
OK - a little fascinated by this. I've never heard anyone throwing loose tea into a smoothie.
I know people down raw eggs, but it is a bit taboo.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
OK - a little fascinated by this. I've never heard anyone throwing loose tea into a smoothie.
I know people down raw eggs, but it is a bit taboo.

Neither did i, but when i read about the tea bags paper or whatever they use to form the tea bags have a toxic coating or themselves being toxic, i was like...

who needs this papery thing anyway, and i started ripping them open and just dumpint the contents in smoothies, etc.

Yeah, about the eggs....i prays over them.

:D

Upvote 0

serenedi

Jan 24, 2012
Texas
✟11,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Johndoo, maybe you could jazz it up with some extra boosters like flax seed, hemp seed, pea protein or cashews? I use one of those in most of my smooties. I also like using frozen banana in my smoothies. It helps the texture and thickness, and adds sweetness.

A few months ago, I joined a service that sends me 5 smoothie recipes per week Fedex'd overnight to me. Everything is in separate little bags and typically organic produce. I love this service. I don't have time to go hand select all of this stuff from the store myself. It's one of the best things I've done for my health in years. Totally worth the money. I was getting bored with picking ingredients on my own.

Here are some sample recipes (courtesy of GreenBlender. I'm not trying to advertise for the company I'm simply giving credit for the recipes):

PUMPKIN SPICED MATCHA LATTE

Ingredients
  • 1 cup butternut squash - chopped
  • 1 banana - peeled
  • 1 tsp pumpkin spice
  • 1 tsp matcha
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 cup ice
=============================
GREEN GINGER SHOT DETOX

Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 oz baby spinach
  • 1 apple - chopped
  • 2 mini cucumbers - chopped
  • 2.5 oz lemon ginger shot
  • 1 tbsp flax seed
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 cup ice

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums