England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Smith was a plumber when God called him to ministry. He started off supporting his wife in ministry. The Baptism in the Holy Spirit empowered him for service and the results were mighty to bringing people to the LORD and signs and wonders followed the preaching of the Gospel.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Thankyou 'rockytopva'. That is absolutely invaluable
I totally agree........

Good bye and Thankyou and God bless

A couple of days ago.... in a discussion that you had began QuietBloke.......

Smith Wigglesworth,Pentecostal Pioneer
I got a link to an amazing tribute video.....

I watched most of it and found out that The Apostle of Faith......
Smith Wigglesworth..... for many many years...... could not finish a sermon......
he would start a sermon..... get too emotional.... and then his wife had to take over and finish the sermon.

Smith went to a gifted Christian woman and asked for her to pray for him to receive the gift of tongues.... but she told him that..... .tongues was not what he needed..... he needed the Baptism of the Holy Spirit.

She prayed for him....... and the following Sunday.... Smith Wigglesworth was able to finish an entire sermon powerfully..... His wife was astonished...... and repeatedly said........"That is not my Smith....... .that is not my Smith........."

I have been praying for the Baptism of the Holy Spirit.... since reading this tribute...............

My 14 year old daughter got baptized eight days ago........ That same day she went to a Christian camp.... and she returned to us ON FIRE........ She is really helping my wife and I to recapture our first love........ and we know we go beyond it..........................

QuietBloke........ you are accomplishing more here than you may tend to imagine............

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Reading a book,called 'Smith Wigglesworth - The Secret of His power',by Albert Hibbert. Chapter 1- The Man. Chapter 2 - The Spirit Chapter 3 - Life in the Spirit. Here is a brief extract from 'The Man'. 'The people who saw Smith Wigglesworth only in the pulpit did not get a true picture of the man' 'They could never appreciate the tender Christ-like person he was' 'They never,or very rarely saw the tears of compassion he shed. They were only seen by those closely associated with him'

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
'Oral Roberts has said that he and his fellow evangelicals owe Wigglesworth a debt beyond calculation. Wigglesworth was an outstanding apostle of faith,who taught and inspired many people. The revival that started through his ministry swept this nation from west to east,from north to south. We are still feeling the impact of it today' (Albert Hibbert,who knew Wigglesworth as a friend)

• Informative
Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
'Oral Roberts has said that he and his fellow evangelicals owe Wigglesworth a debt beyond calculation. Wigglesworth was an outstanding apostle of faith,who taught and inspired many people. The revival that started through his ministry swept this nation from west to east,from north to south. We are still feeling the impact of it today' (Albert Hibbert,who knew Wigglesworth as a friend)

I read the book God's Generals a few years ago. The section about Smith was amazing.

Reactions: quietbloke
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Smith Wigglesworth was known as the Apostle of Faith

He sure was........
during his lifetime though he faced a lot of opposition...... There is an interesting theory on one of the major reasons why this happened here:

It takes him about two minutes to get into this......

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Reactions: quietbloke
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
RW Schambach telling of a Smith Wigglesworth revival in New Zealand at and around 9:00....

Thanks for posting this,'Rockytopva'. So good to hear the voice of Smith Wigglesworth!

Reactions: rockytopva
Upvote 0