Smile, God doesn't Love everyone -- the Bible says so!

Eph4:26

Nov 17, 2008
✟19,203.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If love = doing the commandments (2 John 6), Joh 3:36 - [FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Geneva][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Geneva]"He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not obey the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him." [/FONT][/FONT]then God hates those that do not do the commandments (Psalm 5:5).

Upvote 0

shturt678

Senior Veteran
Feb 1, 2013
Hawaii
✟13,428.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Jn.3:16 "For thus did God agape the world..." where agape denotes the highest type and form of agape, as distinct from philew, the love of just affection, friendship, and ordinary human relation. agape lies full understanding (not the so called "unconditional love") and true comprehension, coupled with a higher corresponding spiritual PURPOSE.

How could God like the sinful, foul, and stinking world? How could he embrace and kiss it? He would have to turn from it in revulsion. But he could and he did agape it, comprehending all its sin and foulness, PURPOSING to cleanse it and, thus cleansed, to take it to his bosom.

Just an ol' old Lutheran opinion.

Upvote 0

Ishraqiyun

Fanning the Divine Spark
Mar 22, 2011
Montsalvat
✟21,035.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The Gospels teach us to love everyone including enemies and they note that in doing so we will be like our Father in heaven who makes his sun to shine ( a symbol of mercy and love in that context imo) on both the good and the evil. If the Father didn't love everyone, including his enemies, that verse would make no sense. Why? Because doing so would then make us unlike rather than like the Father. In fact it would prove that man, being capable of such ,would be more merciful, good, and morally superior to God which would be nonsensical. It would then imply that man was called to follow a higher standard of morality then the Father himself embraces.

See Matthew 5: 44-5

I hardly see why God not loving someone would be reason to smile even if I did happen to be wrong in my understanding too. What about God supposedly not loving some people makes you smile? Is it the suffering it might cause them? Smile at their pain and lose?

Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
God hates evil because it hurts His children. seems like most people have a tiny concept of what Divine Love is. "i'm a child of God but this wicked sinner is not" yeah, as if you are not wicked. everything is not yet manifest.

there is no use to eat the tree of knowledge of good and evil because the knowledge of evil is inferior to the Good, who is God. the dividing of evil and good makes people divide who God is, but God is not divided. evil is an inferior concept and to think it can truly support anyones existence is folly. in the depths of each person is the divine spark and that is God holding up even the most wicked of beings. because God already saw the outcome of His love, therefore He has no need to destroy His children, no need to torture them, as if He is weak and pathetic like the very evil He is curing is.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
R

Raimi Stranger

[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Geneva]:amen:

Contrary to popular opinion, the Bible doesn't support the notion that God love is unconditional.
[/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Geneva]Also, [/FONT]popular opinion has ambiguously combined love with saved -- that to is in error. [FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Geneva]
[/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Geneva]
I might as well say it right here in Post #1:

[/FONT]John 3:16 is not a freewill 'get out of jail' card that can be played to guarentee universal salvation for everyone that ever lived. Pardon the brevity of what I'm about to say for the moment, the context of John 3:16 is 'Look to Jesus for eternal life'!

NOT . . . . Jesus loves me, so I get to go to heaven when I die :scratch:

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

IF one believed in Jesus then one would do what He COMMANDS as Lord, Love, not sin...

so there is the 'conditional' aspect of salvation ... no-one can be saved until they repent... it means STOP SINNING , not just saying one is 'sorry' every week and continuing to sin as almost all 'religious' sinners do who think they have repented ...

men can lie and so most do sin by lying [many all the time] , but it means men lie to themselves, hence religion of sinners, now mass religion of sinners worldwide claiming that it must be right because so many follow it, but Jesus says the opposite -Rev 13:3-4 - and we know so very FEW find the way of Jesus, Love, not sin, in this life...

no problem for God, He required Jesus as Messiah to save the few of Israel's two Houses , never expected the nonsense spoken of by sinners , never created a mass religion , just a few saints BUT PURE , perfected in Love, images of Jesus in purity of Love, no more sin in their lives...

Matthew 5:48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

1 John 5:18 We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

1 John 3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil

2 Timothy 2:19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

sin then is all that keeps a man from spirit baptism to know all truth of God and go on to trial to perfect Love by PROVING one is not tempted by Satan's lies about how good sin is ... God just happens to be right, Love of all by all is happiness for all, no othere way works, so we ALL have a task which most fail in this life, many succeed in the next life, and all the rest succeed as Jesus promises in their third life... no-one needs four lives to see God was right all along, sin is just a big disaster of a mistake, short term thinking leading to misery and destruction... :-

1 Peter 1:7 That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:

but we know sinners have their own religions worldwide , soon to even unite when Satan turns up telling everyone he is God because he conquers all nations and does 'miracles' [fakes] , brings 'peace' at price of Satan as world ruler and head of a tyrannical religion -Rev 13:3-4... it last three and a half years only before men get sick of the tyranny and kill Satan [Ezek 28, 2Thess 2] ... then Jesus returns and takes the very few saints ... the worst time ever for mankind greets the sinners...Matt 24

it is only the firstborn few taken to create the kingdom though, we know all sinners are destroyed, but their spirit returns to God who gave it and all are freed from 'hell' [Rev 20:13] to be judged by works after death frees them from sin [Romans 6:7]... we know countless many are saved [Rev 7:9-10] of all nations, who all clearly are destroyed in THIS earth and heavens [Matt 7:13-14]

and so it goes on to a third life for all whose wages for sin in the new earth are death to free them yet again from sin, but Jesus promises they will then accept him as king BY RULE OF Love , no sin by 'rod of iron'... so we know all are saved in baptism of 'fire' in the lake... none can deny Love works any longer, God proves it in the kingdom come... and sin fails because Love succeeds once men TRY it, just as God has said from the beginning ... there is no better way by sin, no short-cuts to paradise...everyone learns but it takes some three lives, some never even die once before being taken there by God [like Enoch is]

but indeed it can take up to three lives before translation to freedom of immortality of the third heaven [there is no third earth!- all are changed in translation to spirit]

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟78,404.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Jn.3:16 "For thus did God agape the world..." where agape denotes the highest type and form of agape, as distinct from philew, the love of just affection, friendship, and ordinary human relation. agape lies full understanding (not the so called "unconditional love") and true comprehension, coupled with a higher corresponding spiritual PURPOSE.

How could God like the sinful, foul, and stinking world? How could he embrace and kiss it? He would have to turn from it in revulsion. But he could and he did agape it, comprehending all its sin and foulness, PURPOSING to cleanse it and, thus cleansed, to take it to his bosom.

Just an ol' old Lutheran opinion.

Are all Lutherans universalists or just a few like you?

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟78,404.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

So tell us to whom God grants repentance?

24And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, 25In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;
2 Timothy 2

Upvote 0

Mediate

Only Borrowed
Jan 31, 2013
✟8,492.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Single

Contrary to popular opinion, the Bible doesn't support the notion that God love is unconditional.
[/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Geneva]Also, [/FONT]popular opinion has ambiguously combined love with saved -- that to is in error. [FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Geneva]

[/FONT]John 3:16 is not a freewill 'get out of jail' card that can be played to guarentee universal salvation for everyone that ever lived. Pardon the brevity of what I'm about to say for the moment, the context of John 3:16 is 'Look to Jesus for eternal life'!

While you are right in a sense, heaven and God's kingdom, even the concept of the ageless life, aren't really described to be products of separatism (us-vs-them, sinners vs saved - there are no jews, gentiles, slaves or free), nor lands in the sky that we all go to once we die and nor is hell to be some horrible torture den full of roman-soldier-alikes that flog us and crucify us.

Jesus said, "If your leaders say to you, 'Look, the father's kingdom is in the sky,' then the birds of the sky will precede you. If they say to you, 'It is in the sea,' then the fish will precede you. Rather, the kingdom is within you and then it is outside you -When you know yourselves, then you will be known, and you will understand that you are children of the living father. But if you do not know yourselves, then you live in poverty, and you are the poverty."

Jesus said, "Know what is in front of your face, and what is hidden from you will be disclosed to you.

For there is nothing hidden that will not be revealed. There is nothing buried that will not be raised.

indeed the wise man will be nourished by the truth and "will be like a tree growing by the meandering stream" - seeing that there are some who, although having wings, rush upon the visible things, things that are far from the truth. For that which guides them, the fire in them, will give them an illusion of truth, and will shine on them with a perishable beauty, and it will imprison them in a dark sweetness and captivate them with fragrant pleasure. And it will blind them with insatiable lust and burn their inner-spirits and become for them like a stake stuck in their heart which they can never seem to dislodge. And like a bit in the mouth, it leads them according to its own desire. And it has fettered them with its chains and bound all their limbs with the bitterness of the bondage of desire for those visible things that will decay and change and swerve by their impulse. They are always being attracted downwards; as they are dying, they are assimilated to all the inhumanities of perishable things.

The disciples said to Jesus, "Tell us, how will our end come?"

Jesus said, "Have you found the beginning, then, that you are looking for the end? You see, the end will be where the beginning is.

Congratulations to the one who stands at the beginning: that one will know the end and will not taste death."

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

1Feather

Sep 19, 2013
✟804.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Bible Verses About God Loves Everyone

Interesting screen name:

Ephesians 4:26(NIV) “In your anger do not sin”: Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry,

What is your purpose in forewarning us with that? To get us angry as a POE? Who trolls with threads like this?

"Smile, God doesn't love everyone...the Bible says so!"

There was a member here that has since been banned and that use to post these same type threads. "Stegley" was his name.

Going by the thread history on your account and all those that are now locked by staff, I'd say we should realize why you're here. And pay it no further mind.

Upvote 0

AnticipateHisComing

Supporter
Dec 21, 2013
✟103,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
To 1Feather, I find your comment more reprehensible than the original discussion topic started by Eph4:26.
Although not stated the best way, I can see that Eph4:26 meant to challenge people to defend a widespread teaching. Your comment offered no scriptural argument on the topic. I do not agree with everything Eph4:26 wrote but he defended his argument with many posts. You judged him and said he does not deserve to have discussions on CF. I will judge you like the arrogant pastor that once told me you can't just read the Bible, you need to be taught what it means. They forget the power of the Holy Spirit.
Please in the future do not dismiss people without argument or basis.

Upvote 0

AnticipateHisComing

Supporter
Dec 21, 2013
✟103,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God is Love. This is true. Does not need to be debated, is endlessly repeated.
God is Righteous Judge. This is true. Does not need to be debated, is endlessly IGNORED.

John 3:16 is endlessly repeated but vs 14 starts with, "Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the wilderness, so the Son of Man must be lifted up". This is God the righteous judge that demands punishment for sin and then offers up the Son in our place.

We are taught to hate sin, not the person doing the sin. That is because we are to imitate the Love of God, not attempt to be His judge. He alone can do that. He alone knows the heart. He alone knows all that will be condemned to hell.

Does God love everyone is the topic of this thread. You can't answer that question until you first acknowledge that God is also Judge. All will be judged. Few will be found worthy to be called sons of God.

Upvote 0

interpreter

Mar 4, 2004
Texas
✟7,377.00
Faith
Anglican
Sorry to disagree, but have you ever read 1 John?

"7 Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.
8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

9 In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.

10 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another."
(Chapter 4)

It sound to me that He does love everyone. Of course, just because He loves us doesn't mean there still aren't conditions He places on us receiving the fulness of the Atonement. But that's not because He doesn't love us. That's my belief, anyway.

Again, sorry to disagree.
No, God does not love everyone, and neither should we for Jesus commands His followers to kill His enemies.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Rev55

Jul 24, 2013
✟7,819.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for allowing me to clarify. I do believe in universal salvation. By that I mean, before Jesus, the Holy Spirit was only given to the Jews. After His resurection, the Holy Spirit was extended to a predestination elect few gentiles from around the world.

Sorry if you answered this earlier but I didn't want to go through all the pages on my phone. Why do you think the Jews had the Holy Spirit? Just curious what verses you use to support this view? I also disagree with the whole chosen elect thing but lets give that dead horse a rest for the moment lol

Upvote 0

Evergreen48

Aug 24, 2006
✟17,819.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If God loves such as I, then surely he loves everyone else. He has a purpose for each one of us; from the least to the greatest. His love for what we believe to be the lowest piece of humanity may be a different kind, or degree of love than he has for his righteous ones, but nonetheless if he has a purpose for them, he has some kind of, or some degree of love for them.

"There, but for the grace of God, go I."

Upvote 0

stevenfrancis

Disciple
Dec 28, 2012
United States
Visit site
✟40,142.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
God IS love. If there is any limitation on the creator it would be to go against His own nature of being. So, God BEING love its very self, He would not just HAVE love for you, as an attribute. He would BE love for you as a living state. It would be incorrect to say that God doesn't love someone. He can't not love.

Any variance in love is a human problem due to fallen nature. In the phrase "God is love, and all who remain in love, remain in God", puts the choice of remaining in God, (or love for that matter) on the human person. If one feels that God doesn't love them, it can only be because they have failed to remain in God, and therefore have failed to remain in love. Right back to our good old fallen nature. Hence, we are in need of redemption, and the God who IS love, provided for our redemption.

Upvote 0

interpreter

Mar 4, 2004
Texas
✟7,377.00
Faith
Anglican
God IS love. If there is any limitation on the creator it would be to go against His own nature of being. So, God BEING love its very self, He would not just HAVE love for you, as an attribute. He would BE love for you as a living state. It would be incorrect to say that God doesn't love someone. He can't not love.

Any variance in love is a human problem due to fallen nature. In the phrase "God is love, and all who remain in love, remain in God", puts the choice of remaining in God, (or love for that matter) on the human person. If one feels that God doesn't love them, it can only be because they have failed to remain in God, and therefore have failed to remain in love. Right back to our good old fallen nature. Hence, we are in need of redemption, and the God who IS love, provided for our redemption.
God's love is a tough love.

Upvote 0

geneva1599

Apr 26, 2014
✟15,112.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
First of all I'm saddened to see how many religions I can choose to associate with myself in the profile section of "christian forums". I digress. John 3:16 says god so " LOVED" the world. God is always equal, always righteous and true in judgment and you cannot support the idea of a one sided God scripturally. For example, Proverbs 11:1 a force balance is abomination to the Lord but they just wait is his delight. " there you see one example of gods character. Here are specific verses on what and WHO god hates. Psalm 5.4:6, psalm 11:5, Leviticus 20:23. , Proverbs 6 16-19, Hosea 9-15. There are many additional verses. This postmodern liberal heresy of god loves everybody is not doctrinal. Is not open for discussion and debate. The brass tacks are this God never teaches hate the sinner love the sin. I will concede the Bible says the lord wishes none shall perish but that all shall have everlasting life ,but the even righteousness of God is inarguable and scripture does not support a one sided god

Upvote 0