Country
Australia
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
So I've had enough of relating to Christians, it's been 18 long years.

I've been here since all the Christian forums began, just using many many accounts. I still read all my old posts, and yes I've changed more than my head god could ever do for me

I'll leave you with a last message

Read genesis 2v17 carefully

And heres my question to you and your last challenge.

Does the knowledge of goodness end in death?

Bye

OXO

• Friendly
Reactions: brinny

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,342,946.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution

I've been here since all the Christian forums began, just using many many accounts. I still read all my old posts, and yes I've changed more than my head god could ever do for me

Bye

OXO

I'm sorry Chris. (((hug)))

Upvote 0

Galatea

Oct 18, 2016
Alabama
✟70,081.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Alright, tree of knowledge of good and evil, does not necessarily mean that Adam and Eve did not know good. They simply did not yet know evil.

If I said, "I am going to give you ballet and tap lessons", you may already know ballet, but not tap.

I think it is pretty simple, to tell the truth.

• Agree
Reactions: Jamminontha1
Upvote 0

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well looks like "you" made a decision. And hopefully one day the running game will come to an end "Captain". He's gonna show up when you least expect it, for that I am positive. We will hear from you again (just not in the way we expect). Watch out for that vase, oh yeah don't worry about it, huh? I said don't worry about it. See in the end one of you will die (matrix).

You're weird friend in Christ, Mrs.Porch :wave:

dcfa440c537cb4aefbf216953c48e7ce.jpg

Reactions: Galatea
Upvote 0

Hall

God is good
Jun 17, 2016
Colorado
✟30,346.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Bye

OXO
Death as in physical death of the human body but the spirit goes on to live forever either in heaven or hades. In order to know the difference between good and evil both must exist right? I believe that may be why both were combined into one apple. They did end up physically dying years after they ate the apple but they still went on living forever in the spirit as we all eventually do. So Adam and Eve physical bodies must've been immortal before that. I don't like to speculate and assume things, there will be many unanswered questions until we are reunited with God. Everything was meant for a certain purpose, in this case maybe it was by causing physical death it planned population balance for the future. I really don't think anyone knows the answer to that question unless I've missed something. God does work in mysterious ways.

Upvote 0

Uber Genius

"Super Genius"
Aug 13, 2016
Kentucky
✟56,826.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

Bye

OXO
Too bad you don't live near me. I have a weekly men's group filled with neopagans, agnostics, atheists (from time to time), and Christians of various stripes. We grill out, smoke cigars around the fire pit, and struggle as a band of brothers to understand what is true of the external world and what that means in-terms of how we live our lives. You would have been a welcome edition. Did I mention we also do beer, bourbon, and scotch tastings? Yep. Just about every Sunday. Good luck on your journey. And beleive me when I tell you the individuals who cause you the most pain have driven the truth out of our churches. They driven my guys out by the droves. Pharasses will always be with us.

P.S. The answer to your riddle lies in what the audience of Genesis would have understood. Not what modern cultures understand. For more see 1 Enoch 7 and following. Every second temple Jew knew that there was an age old battle between members of the divine council and God in terms of giving man knowledge God intended to remain in heaven. Gen 6 flood is a result of this false knowledge. Enoch highlights the meaning, Paul, Peter, Jude and many of the early church fathers all quote from 1 Enoch. That passage will help you answer the difference in knowledge that was out of bounds.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Serving Zion

Seek First His Kingdom & Righteousness
May 7, 2016
Revelation 21:2
✟223,022.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Awww, it will not be the same without you..

quote-many-hands-make-light-work.jpg

It depends (John 10:28, John 14:6, John 5:39-40, Luke 9:62).
Do everything without grumbling or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, “children of God without fault in a warped and crooked generation.” Then you will shine among them like stars in the sky.
Philippians 2:14-15

Upvote 0

dc87

Dec 30, 2016
virginia
✟16,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Its actually the 'knowledge of good and evil' as in the 'difference between good and evil'. Kind of like when I child matures.

Good question though. I don't have an answer... as I don't know if it was the fact that they disobeyed and ate or the fact that they actually know good and evil that truly was what condemned them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Uber Genius

"Super Genius"
Aug 13, 2016
Kentucky
✟56,826.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Interpretations...................just like noses. They come in all shapes and sizes!
The self-refuting nature of that comment seems to have been missed. So there is no possible true understanding, even of the original author or audience? After all that is, "Just their interpretation."

Is that your interpretation of the truth value of interpretations?

Upvote 0