Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They are dying while waiting for beds to become vacant. Some searched for available beds 500 miles away.

Rural hospitals crowded with COVID patients as cases and deaths surge

Medical staff is harder to find than beds.

They only have space for 11 people. That's a small hospital.

Our local news reported the same thing last time yet when I had to pick my mother in law up at the emergency room the place was empty. I asked the security guard where everybody was and he just laughed and asked if I believed everything I hear on TV.

Upvote 0

High Fidelity

Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟896,801.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
They only have space for 11 people. That's a small hospital.

Our local news reported the same thing last time yet when I had to pick my mother in law up at the emergency room the place was empty. I asked the security guard where everybody was and he just laughed and asked if I believed everything I hear on TV.

Just because a hospital has 500 beds doesn't mean they can house 500 Covid patients.

Pretty much the only areas in a hospital that has the infrastructure and air pressure to support ventilators are intensive care units and operating departments. Naturally a reasonable number of these beds need to be kept clear for emergencies and trauma, plus many hospitals have allocated parts of their operating departments to use as Covid wards and reduced their surgery capacity.

To have 11 in one hospital is a lot at any one time.

As for hospitals being quieter, that's a given. Most have stopped routine appointments unless it's urgent and ERs have seen a decline in patients attending in most places.

One of the hospitals I cover had 400 beds and 4 Covid patients at one point and even that was considered bad.

Unless you work directly in healthcare then you aren't going to get an accurate picture from secondhand information

• Informative
Reactions: dqhall
Upvote 0

Arc F1

Let the righteous man arise from slumber
Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just because a hospital has 500 beds doesn't mean they can house 500 Covid patients.

Pretty much the only areas in a hospital that has the infrastructure and air pressure to support ventilators are intensive care units and operating departments. Naturally a reasonable number of these beds need to be kept clear for emergencies and trauma, plus many hospitals have allocated parts of their operating departments to use as Covid wards and reduced their surgery capacity.

To have 11 in one hospital is a lot at any one time.

As for hospitals being quieter, that's a given. Most have stopped routine appointments unless it's urgent and ERs have seen a decline in patients attending in most places.

One of the hospitals I cover had 400 beds and 4 Covid patients at one point and even that was considered bad.

Unless you work directly in healthcare then you aren't going to get an accurate picture from secondhand information

I've talked to plenty of people in health care. I've got a pretty good picture.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟213,623.00
Faith
Non-Denom
They are dying while waiting for beds to become vacant. Some searched for available beds 500 miles away.

Rural hospitals crowded with COVID patients as cases and deaths surge

Medical staff is harder to find than beds.
I like hearing from people who work in the hospitals not news headlines. And not Health Professionals being interviewed by newsmen. I mean one's friends and families who work in these places and I find they don't always agree with the news narrative.

Upvote 0

NBB

Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟445,475.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I thank God this in Uruguay is under control, and keep asking him that it stays that way, we are 'first world' in something at least lol.
But it must be tough this cicumstances in other countries.
The goverment here acted quickly with the first case that entered and was able to keep infected people quarantined as soon as they were detected.
I hope they finish already a safe vaccine.

Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟269,140.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I've talked to plenty of people in health care. I've got a pretty good picture.

UHUH, you guys always come out of the woodwork, here is the problem with covid patients.

they are more intensive, require more medical care and watch then the average ICU patient. For many hospitals the issue isn't housing or beds and medical supplies it's staff that can keep watch on covid patients for longer periods of time. Plus someone who has covid tends to be in the hospital for a longer time then the flu and other diseases.

• Agree
Reactions: dqhall
Upvote 0

Arc F1

Let the righteous man arise from slumber
Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
UHUH, you guys always come out of the woodwork, here is the problem with covid patients.

they are more intensive, require more medical care and watch then the average ICU patient. For many hospitals the issue isn't housing or beds and medical supplies it's staff that can keep watch on covid patients for longer periods of time. Plus someone who has covid tends to be in the hospital for a longer time then the flu and other diseases.

It's a tough disease to overcome. I literally thought I wasn't going to make it.

Upvote 0

dqhall

Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I like hearing from people who work in the hospitals not news headlines. And not Health Professionals being interviewed by newsmen. I mean one's friends and families who work in these places and I find they don't always agree with the news narrative.
One place is not the same as another. Elkhart General Hospital is diverting ambulances is a scene happening more frequently around the country as we head into flu season.
Elkhart General diverting ambulances, putting next surge plan into place

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
I’ve heard this from numerous people in the field. Heck, a quick search on YouTube will give you plenty.

Upvote 0