Visit site
✟246,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I saw your other thread about this somewhere else, and I wanted to let you know there that you're probably not going to be able to patent your idea. Intellectual property such as what you're doing isn't the same as say music and other things. That's why you see spinoffs of major websites on the net all the time.

What I would recommend, however, is asking your business contacts to sign NDAs. (non-disclosure agreements). Also, do a Google search for small business incubators in your area. They specialize in offering great resources for new startups and entrepreneurs. The last thing I would encourage you to do is purchase 1 or 2 subscriptions to some magazines or periodicals that will help keep the creative juices flowing. You may already have a good idea already, but staying informed and up to date on all the ins and outs of business and entrepreneurship is a must. One I would suggest is a magazine called Entrepreneur. They have some great articles. Dig in and God bless!

Upvote 0

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I would recommend, however, is asking your business contacts to sign NDAs. (non-disclosure agreements)

Thanks for the info.. I have an appointment tomorrow with a company that said the following:

"We do offer creative custom logo design services and we refer trademarking and patents to an attorney.

Our logo packages start at $400 depending the complexity of your design. Would you kindly explain what type of business you have, along with any instruction on the logo you are looking for us to create?"

Should I ask them to sign an NDA tomorrow and, if so, who has to provide the form? Thanks.

Upvote 0
Feb 2, 2016
Chattanooga, TN USA
Visit site
✟246,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thanks for the info.. I have an appointment tomorrow with a company that said the following:

"We do offer creative custom logo design services and we refer trademarking and patents to an attorney.

Our logo packages start at $400 depending the complexity of your design. Would you kindly explain what type of business you have, along with any instruction on the logo you are looking for us to create?"

Should I ask them to sign an NDA tomorrow and, if so, who has to provide the form? Thanks.
Typically, the person wanting the other party to sign will bring the form.
Depending on your budget, you might want to check out logo designers offering gigs at fiverr.com

Reactions: Tone
Upvote 0

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Typically, the person wanting the other party to sign will bring the form.
Depending on your budget, you might want to check out logo designers offering gigs at fiverr.com

Just got them started on the logo today and they referred me to legal zoom for trademarking!

*We did sign an NDA.

Upvote 0

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I wouldn’t spend the $1K. I believe in Lean Startups. You need to keep your overhead low. There are other costs you haven’t anticipated.

I visited the site when you first mentioned it and I'm on it now, but I'm not getting what exactly they are offering...I don't like the website design. Are they like Legalzoom?

*And for some reason, when I'm on their site it says it's "not secure".

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟951,352.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I visited the site when you first mentioned it and I'm on it now, but I'm not getting what exactly they are offering...I don't like the website design. Are they like Legalzoom?

*And for some reason, when I'm on their site it says it's "not secure".

Lean startup is a business principle. Hence the link. You’ve gone in a different direction. Just ignore it.

~Bella

Reactions: Joined2krist
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Lean startup is a business principle. Hence the link. You’ve gone in a different direction. Just ignore it.

~Bella

Now, hold on a sec., i don't know that I've gone in another direction, because when I click the link...I can't make sense of it. This is why I asked you to maybe help me understand it a little?

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟951,352.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Now, hold on a sec., i don't know that I've gone in another direction, because when I click the link...I can't make sense of it. This is why I asked you to maybe help me understand it a little?

It’s basically applying the scientific method to business. You test the theory prior to sinking resources into its creation to gauge interest and minimize loss.

Between the site and book you’d have a clearer idea of the process. You develop your business acumen through exposure. You devour everything you can.

~Bella

Upvote 0

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
It’s basically applying the scientific method to business. You test the theory prior to sinking resources into its creation to gauge interest and minimize loss.

Between the site and book you’d have a clearer idea of the process. You develop your business acumen through exposure. You devour everything you can.

~Bella

Oh okay, yeah, I've been a devouring fool lately. It's just that I wasn't clear on how to navigate the site, but I'm reading "The lean startup methodology" right now--I finally found a link that took me somewhere. Thank you, I will read further.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟951,352.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Oh okay, yeah, I've been a devouring fool lately. It's just that I wasn't clear on how to navigate the site, but I'm reading "The lean startup methodology" right now--I finally found a link that took me somewhere. Thank you, I will read further.

Knowledge is tiered. You won’t get everything from a book or website. Information is increasingly dispensed according to access. With the greatest being 1-on-1. Keep that in mind as you learn.

~Bella

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Knowledge is tiered. You won’t get everything from a book or website. Information is increasingly dispensed according to access. With the greatest being 1-on-1. Keep that in mind as you learn.

~Bella

Okay, I ordered the book, thanks.

Upvote 0

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Okay, so I've began the startup.

Man oh man, did I choose the right service...delivery...and this, pre-covid!

Okay, so, I read the lean startup book recommended; I tested the market:

With positive results!

I found that hospitals and places where there is large concentrations of workers, along with short lunch breaks are really in need of our service.

Of course, with covid, delivery to residences has also grown, as many people work from home now.

Upvote 0