Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Lying Pen

Jeremiah 8:8

“‘How can you say, “We are wise, for we have the law of the Lord,” when actually the lying pen of the scribes has handled it falsely?

1 Timothy 1:3

As I urged you when I went into Macedonia, stay there in Ephesus so that you may command certain people not to teach false doctrines any longer

2 Timothy 4:3

For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear.

Jude 1:4

For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God,…

Isaiah 8:12

“Do not call conspiracy everything this people calls a conspiracy; do not fear what they fear, and do not dread it.

Jeremiah 11:9

And the Lord said unto me, A conspiracy is found among the men of Judah, and among the inhabitants of Jerusalem.

Ezekiel 22:25

There is a conspiracy of her prophets in the midst thereof, like a roaring lion ravening the prey; they have devoured souls; they have taken the treasure and precious things; they have made her many widows in the midst thereof.

2 Thessalonians 2:2

not to become easily unsettled or alarmed by the teaching allegedly from us—whether by a prophecy or by word of mouth or by letter—asserting that the day of the Lord has already come…

Here is that letter in our bibles.

Matthew 27:51

51 At that moment the curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom. The earth shook, the rocks split 52 and the tombs broke open. The bodies of many holy people who had died were raised to life. 53 They came out of the tombs after Jesus’ resurrection and went into the holy city and appeared to many people.

Upvote 0

TimMcCollum

Dec 25, 2018
Raleigh
✟17,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Freethinker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
This is interesting, because I personally believe the mainstream to have some belief of God. The one thing that draws them away from salvation is the lack of faith in the works of Jesus. If you take His actions, and the actions of the prophets for that matter in the Old Testament, as pure fact, then it seriously changes your views on God. At least for me anyway. Maybe the lack of faith in Jesus' actions is the mainstream.

Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
This is interesting, because I personally believe the mainstream to have some belief of God. The one thing that draws them away from salvation is the lack of faith in the works of Jesus. If you take His actions, and the actions of the prophets for that matter in the Old Testament, as pure fact, then it seriously changes your views on God. At least for me anyway. Maybe the lack of faith in Jesus' actions is the mainstream.
There is no lack of faith that Yahshua was the Messiah among Christians.

Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
The mainstream does not make it to Heaven in the first resurrection.

Matthew 7:14
But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

The true Elect are a small minority.

2 Timothy 4:3
For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear.

So who or what is "mainstream?"

Anyone who claims to be a Christian is mainstream. Of that pool, only a small percentage are actually Christian. Out of that group, only a small amount will be around during the very, very end. Out of that group, only a small amount of people will be the *wise ones* of Daniel 11-12, or the "elect".

Even then, the "elect" will be martyred until (nearly) all of them are gone.

Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Because of the lying pen, truth was thrown to the ground. That is why we are waiting for the messenger with the little book.

Jeremiah 8:8
“‘How can you say, “We are wise, for we have the law of the Lord,” when actually the lying pen of the scribes has handled it falsely?

Daniel 8:12
Because of rebellion, the Lord’s people and the daily sacrifice were given over to it. It prospered in everything it did, and truth was thrown to the ground.

Revelation 10:2
He was holding a little scroll / book, which lay open in his hand. He planted his right foot on the sea and his left foot on the land,

Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Anyone who claims to be a Christian is mainstream. Of that pool, only a small percentage are actually Christian. Out of that group, only a small amount will be around during the very, very end. Out of that group, only a small amount of people will be the *wise ones* of Daniel 11-12, or the "elect".

Even then, the "elect" will be martyred until (nearly) all of them are gone.
I am sure that is true for a small number of people.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
I wonder which of the many thousands of Christian denominations gets to go to heaven...

If Catholics answer, its certainly not Protestants.
If Protestants answer, its certainly not Catholics.

The canon, apocrypha and Gnostics are very clear.

The Redeemer even says that a bunch of people who think they have done marvelous things in His name won't even have made an actual personal connection with Him. He also describes exactly what is expected of a son of God (Christian).

That hundreds of ecumenical powers have turns something meant to be unity into division (denomination) is a commentary on humanity and the spirits they let rule them - not the Word of God Himself.

Upvote 0

Rajni

☯ Ego ad Eum pertinent ☯
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2007
Visit site
✟1,241,508.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
This thread is about the Elect.
Yes... yes, it is.

I wonder which of the many thousands of Christian denominations gets to go to heaven...

If Catholics answer, its certainly not Protestants.
If Protestants answer, its certainly not Catholics.
That seems to be how it goes. It's those who consider themselves among the "elect" that seem to be the most eager to bring up the subject of who is and who isn't qualified for that title.

• Winner
Reactions: Zoness
Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟732,309.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
If you read your bible you would be aware of what Heaven was about, that simple so, if God is your reality, way haven't you read his word?
Now you have changed the focus from what Heaven "is" to what is Heaven "about".

The Word is with in Creation itSelf...which is the ONLY Holy Scripture directly written by the hand of God and signed off with His own signature. Yes, I do read His Word...everywhere I look. That's why the idea of the "Select" few is totally bogus to me.

Over the years I've read the Bible. I still have no idea what Heaven is. And your not sharing. Why is that? Because you don't know? I don't think you do.

I do though have a clearer image of the Kingdom of God as being at hand. The way my infant grand-daughter lights up when she laughs and giggles gives me a pretty good idea. And the wonder I experience when coming across a mountain meadow in full spring bloom. I've ran into that very same experience in my younger years when mountain climbing. God was everywhere in that moment.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Rajni

☯ Ego ad Eum pertinent ☯
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2007
Visit site
✟1,241,508.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
The bible says that God's kingdom is not of this world, that has lead to the presumption that God's kingdom occupies another dimension.
Very true that it's not of this world, I agree. However, while it may not be of this world, I believe it is in it. And it in Him.

"In Him we live and move and have our being".

Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Very true that it's not of this world, I agree. However, while it may not be of this world, I believe it is in it. And it in Him.

"In Him we live and move and have our being".

You need to keep in mind that the bible uses a lot of parables.

Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
It's an honest point on my part. No one has been to Biblical Heaven and came back to tell us what it's is or even where it is. So I take it as dishonest when I see claims of knowing what it is. Thus far you have made such claims with zero anything to describe it.

How would you know the truth if you saw it?

The kingdom of heaven is veiled in what is called Dark Matter. Dark Mater is what this universe is made from. Dark Matter is subatomic particles with no atomic bonds. In other words, nothingness. The word heaven simply means "place-s." Did I speak the truth or not?

Upvote 0