Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
We are living in a dictature of tolerance. Who does not agree with todays ideas of good and wrong, is afraid to speak honestly. People are afraid to express freely their opinions about religions, about history, about society, about races, about nations, about the role of women... fear everywhere. You can be even jailed in the UK if you say you do not agree with homosexuality or with other similar wrong thing pushed forward by loud activists. This century will not be a good one, I guess.

When you have bad opinions, when your views involve bigoted, hateful, dehumanizing perspectives on other human beings. People are going to push back.

For one, literally nobody is obligated to agree with anyone else. I have opinions, but nobody is obligated to agree with my opinions. And nobody is obligated to give me a platform to voice my opinions. I am free to think and say whatever I want, but I am not free to think and say whatever I want with impunity, or without others disagreeing, or with others having a problem with it, or without consequences.

But there's something more here that seems important. This isn't about culture or society, or about "PC" and "non-PC"; it's about what it means to be basically decent. Or, since I'm a Christian, what it means to be faithful and consistent with the basic principles of the Christian religion.

"Love your neighbor as yourself"
"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

With the Royal Law of Love, as St. James calls it, there's no room here for prejudice, hatred, and attitudes toward other human beings that is anything less than completely compassionate and loving.

Loving other people is not only what we're supposed to do. We should consider it a privilege to be able to do so. It should be our joy to treat other people with respect and kindness. To "regard others more highly" than ourselves.

St. Paul in his letter to the Philippians sets for us a standard of how we should think, of the kind of attitude we should have in this world,

"Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others. Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus, who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, but emptied himself, by taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross."

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟723,684.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
We are living in a dictature of tolerance. Who does not agree with todays ideas of good and wrong, is afraid to speak honestly. People are afraid to express freely their opinions about religions, about history, about society, about races, about nations, about the role of women... fear everywhere.
I can see how cultural change in itself can be feared when our own ideas of cultural norm are threatened. But it's going to happen rather we like it or not. It won't come easily, but I believe completely that there's a different way of looking at Human Beings emerging. One that's not based on religion, or history, or society, or race or nationality. But based on a Human Being being a Human Being. A person can fight it all they want, but it's happening anyway...IMHO!

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟145,341.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
When you have bad opinions, when your views involve bigoted, hateful, dehumanizing perspectives on other human beings. People are going to push back.
"bad opinions, bigoted, hateful, dehumanizing, racist" - exactly what I am talking about.

People who dare to be different are labeled by this by today's media or by some loud people who just repeat the media.

And most of these labels even do not make sense in the context. They just serve as a mantra.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟145,341.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Tolerance is so spooky! The fact that you're mad that you can't openly denigrate women, people of other races and LGBT people says a lot about the religion you represent. Like that's the hill you're going to die on? Really?

To be clear, you can denigrate them. You can even do it on CF, but what you're hoping is....people will be nice to you for bigotry. You want to have crappy opinions and be appreciated for them. Well that, my friend, isn't so likely. To which I say, boo hoo.
I am not mad and I live in a country when I can still think and speak freely and most people have still a common sense and do not buy the propaganda.But in some countries, you can be persecuted for your opinions - you can lost your job, be taken to court or to a prison. Like in the USA, UK, Germany...

Irrational emotions are mostly on the side that shouts "racism" or "lgbt rights!", today.

That makes any rational discussion about "are things really as we are taught they are?" impossible. When somebody starts labeling, emotions or shouting during a debate, thats what I call a dictature of tolerance.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

awitch

Retired from Christian Forums
Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I am not mad and I live in a country when I can still think and speak freely and most people have still a common sense and do not buy the propaganda.But in some countries, you can be persecuted for your opinions - you can lost your job, be taken to court or to a prison. Like in the USA, UK, Germany...

Perhaps it might please you that people are free to express their disdain for the LGBTQ community quite openly here in the US. There are several multimillion dollar organizations (mostly run and supported by Christians) who are working very hard to not only deny them rights, but basic human dignity, too. There are many states where you can be fired or denied housing just because of which consenting adult you want to have a romantic relationship with

You are free to express your opinion, but you are not free of the consequences of doing so.

Reactions: Zoness
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟728,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
"bad opinions, bigoted, hateful, dehumanizing, racist" - exactly what I am talking about.

People who dare to be different are labeled by this by today's media or by some loud people who just repeat the media.

And most of these labels even do not make sense in the context. They just serve as a mantra.

In the Star Trek series Deep Space Nine there is the figure of Gul Dukat. Dukat had been the governor over the planet Bajor for 20 years, during a brutal military occupation of the planet. The people of Bajor suffered brutal attrocities under the rule of the Cardassians. Dukat's character profile is that he never thinks of himself as the bad guy, he honestly thinks he's the good guy. And he spends most of the television series trying to convince everyone, including the Bajorans themselves, that what he did he did wasn't bad, but necessary and that he, in fact, did them a favor. What he wants is validation from everyone.

He doesn't want to acknowledge his own sins. He doesn't desire any repentance for his belief that the Bajorans are inferior, or that they needed to be "disciplined" by brutal and oppressive measures. He doesn't want to confront the fact that, when you boil away all his charm and charisma all that's really left is a brutal dictator, a monster. Instead, he wants to hear others give him the validation that he is basically okay, to just understand his position, his perspective.

When I see people want to be able to view other human beings with disdain, and then watch as they get offended that anyone would have the audacity to call them out for it, it kind of reminds me of Gul Dukat.

Don't be Dukat. Recognize your sins, fall on your knees, repent. Now go and love your neighbor.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Owning slaves is cool but being LBGTQ is destroying civilization, huh?
You can keep your religion. Keep it far away from me.
You are self-righteous. Did you know the white race is perishing because of homosexuality?

Upvote 0

Zoness

667, neighbor of the beast
Supporter
Jul 21, 2008
Illinois
✟468,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
You are self-righteous. Did you know the white race is perishing because of homosexuality?

Uh oh we have a live one. Muh replacement theory! I'm surprised you went with homosexuals and not (((them))) to be honest.

Reactions: dlamberth
Upvote 0

awitch

Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
You are self-righteous.

I'm self righteous for thinking the institution of slavery is evil?

Did you know the white race is perishing because of homosexuality?

I only know of the human race. Some of us have more melanin in their skin than others, but we're all Homo sapiens.

But also, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHA!

• Agree
Reactions: dlamberth
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I'm self righteous for thinking the institution of slavery is evil?

I only know of the human race. Some of us have more melanin in their skin than others, but we're all Homo sapiens.

But also, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHA!
That is correct. There is only one race of Humans.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

awitch

Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I thought everyone was a descendant of Noah (alaihi salam)?

Not just Noah but his three sons. And their wives. And a whole lot of incest and/or wife swapping.

But that genetic bottleneck would never be able to successfully repopulate the species let alone account for the amount of diversity that exists today, so it's not something that I would ever take seriously.

Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Not just Noah but his three sons. And their wives. And a whole lot of incest and/or wife swapping.

But that genetic bottleneck would never be able to successfully repopulate the species let alone account for the amount of diversity that exists today, so it's not something that I would ever take seriously.
You must not know anything about dogs.

Upvote 0

awitch

Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
You must not know anything about dogs.

You might want to clarify what you're talking about because I'm pretty sure the Noah family couldn't breed with the dogs at all.

Upvote 0

Yytz6

Muslim
Jun 26, 2019
Versailles
✟22,158.00
Country
France
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private

Right, the kids, I forgot about them. But wasn't noah like 600 years by then..

Upvote 0