Small hand held gun missing from my car.

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,083,486.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I used to keep some things in the trunk of my car. One was a hand held gun. Also, btw, I had a door safety prop there and other things. I almost never look in my trunk. Since the gun was secluded in wrapping, when I did look I wouldn't notice that it was not there. About a month ago I went to get something there and searched through the trunk. The gun was missing and so was the door prop (in case I stayed at a hotel).

Now, some years ago I accidentally left my keys in my door. They disappeared that day. I live in an upstairs condo where you can hear people going up and down the steps. I heard no one, no UPS, etc. that day. The lady who lived in the alcove across from me was at home. I truly believe she took my keys and is the one responsible, directly and or indirectly, for my missing gun etc. (I don't remember all that was in the trunk so more things may have been stolen too.)

When the incident happened, I did get my ignition key changed, along with the keys to my condo, garage and so on. However, that was all pricey so I didn't bother with the trunk key system.

It has occured to me that if that gun would ever be used in an illicit way, then it could be tracked to me. I have no criminal record whatsoever btw.

Please pray for that gun to never harm anyone, and for me to be protected. Thank you.

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You need to alert your local police force that the gun is missing. That way if it IS used in a crime, it will not come back on you.

Upvote 0

Cat Loaf You

Dec 11, 2017
Warsaw
✟22,505.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I used to keep some things in the trunk of my car. One was a hand held gun. Also, btw, I had a door safety prop there and other things. I almost never look in my trunk. Since the gun was secluded in wrapping, when I did look I wouldn't notice that it was not there. About a month ago I went to get something there and searched through the trunk. The gun was missing and so was the door prop (in case I stayed at a hotel).

Now, some years ago I accidentally left my keys in my door. They disappeared that day. I live in an upstairs condo where you can hear people going up and down the steps. I heard no one, no UPS, etc. that day. The lady who lived in the alcove across from me was at home. I truly believe she took my keys and is the one responsible, directly and or indirectly, for my missing gun etc. (I don't remember all that was in the trunk so more things may have been stolen too.)

When the incident happened, I did get my ignition key changed, along with the keys to my condo, garage and so on. However, that was all pricey so I didn't bother with the trunk key system.

It has occured to me that if that gun would ever be used in an illicit way, then it could be tracked to me. I have no criminal record whatsoever btw.

Please pray for that gun to never harm anyone, and for me to be protected. Thank you.

You should tell police asap that your gun is stolen in case of crime .

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
I do pray that your gun never be used in any sort of criminal way. But I also pray that all gun owners take this as a lesson to store their weapons securely.

Upvote 0

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟675,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Thanks all for the advice. I did contact the police department with an email giving all info. (They are not open on New Year's Day.)

If it was me, I'd keep a hard copy of the email.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,083,486.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Dont own guns. Then they won't get stolen and used to murder someone!
I think it is Chicago that has the strictest gun laws in the nation. And look at their out of sight crime rate. Look at all the lives that were spared in 2017 as the result of gun owners bringing down terrorists. If you take away the guns from the populace the criminals will still have them. If you take away guns from the populace, if you take away their 2nd Amendment rights, then they are more defenseless against a corrupt government.

But btw, this is to be a forum for prayers. Period.

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,083,486.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
If it was me, I'd keep a hard copy of the email.
Thanks for your concern. Don't worry. I kept a copy to the police, to a relative, and a copy of this page on this forum, and a page on another prayer forum. Then I saved it all on DropBox. (If you don't know about DropBox, it's great and free unless you have massive info to store.)

Upvote 0

Greg Merrill

Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2017
Las Vegas
✟342,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Father, I pray that this missing gun matter can be resolved without any loss of life or property. I pray
for physical and mental peace for all concerned, and
that this gun can be safely secured or appropriately disposed of by the proper people. Amen.

• Agree
Reactions: LoricaLady
Upvote 0

Antig

Dec 19, 2017
Dublin
✟8,390.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think it is Chicago that has the strictest gun laws in the nation. And look at their out of sight crime rate. Look at all the lives that were spared in 2017 as the result of gun owners bringing down terrorists. If you take away the guns from the populace the criminals will still have them. If you take away guns from the populace, if you take away their 2nd Amendment rights, then they are more defenseless against a corrupt government.

But btw, this is to be a forum for prayers. Period.

I don't see many prayers on here though!

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,083,486.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Dont own guns. Then they won't get stolen and used to murder someone!
Just because someone makes a helpful comment but doesn't say "I am praying" that doesn't mean they aren't praying and it is generally assumed that they are. Right above your last post, though, you can see someone saying he will pray. This is not only not a Forum for comments which contradict the request to pray, it is also not a place to argue over this and that said by the OP or anyone else. Please follow the rules and show respect for them and those who post here.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Antig

Dec 19, 2017
Dublin
✟8,390.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Just because someone makes a helpful comment but doesn't say "I am praying" that doesn't mean they aren't praying and it is generally assumed that they are. Right above your last post, though, you can see someone saying he will pray. This is not only not a Forum for comments which contradict the request to pray, it is also not a place to argue over this and that said by the OP or anyone else. Please follow the rules and show respect for them and those who post here.

Majority of posts don't include prayers.

I do pray though that people with guns look after them better.

Last edited:
Upvote 0