✟8,920.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Hi friends,
I have been struggling with my prayer language. It started in May with a suicide attempt and they haven’t been the same since. Then I started getting repeat infections, and I lied to get some pain pills just to dull my anxiety about getting sepsis, and the next morning I could barely speak in tongues. A number of other things happened after that but basically I couldn’t sleep and turned to medical marijuana (I’m aware that you’re not allowed to encourage this on this forum), I also use other medications to get to sleep, it’s just so hard to get me to sleep and to stay asleep. It has been for over a decade, but I’ve never had issues with medications affecting my tongues. I gave my life to Christ when I was 14, got filled when I was 18 and I’m just scared now. I’m worried I lost my tongues and my salvation. Sometimes my tongues are really clear and flow and other times it’s like they stop. I am seeing a pastoral counselor who thinks my issues with tongues and feeling disconnected from God stem from all the medications I take and not some spiritual source. I am going to PIHOP tonight to get some prophetic ministry which I hope helps. Am I still saved? I am so scared I’m going to hell. I’ve repented for lying.

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟454,217.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Just straigthen yourself up, (with the help of God), God gives plenty of opportunities for restoration, and pray and seek God, and the Holy spirit will come back, if he was indeed quenched in you. Don't be afraid, mistakes can happen, just care about it.

Upvote 0
Oct 18, 2018
Rancho Santa Margarita
✟8,920.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Just straigthen yourself up, (with the help of God), God gives plenty of opportunities for restoration, and pray and seek God, and the Holy spirit will come back, if he was indeed quenched in you. Don't be afraid, mistakes can happen, just care about it.
How do I do it if I can’t sleep? Genuinely wondering.

Upvote 0

Johnny4ChristJesus

Site Supporter
Oct 27, 2017
Falcon
✟164,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi friends,
I have been struggling with my prayer language. It started in May with a suicide attempt and they haven’t been the same since. Then I started getting repeat infections, and I lied to get some pain pills just to dull my anxiety about getting sepsis, and the next morning I could barely speak in tongues. A number of other things happened after that but basically I couldn’t sleep and turned to medical marijuana (I’m aware that you’re not allowed to encourage this on this forum), I also use other medications to get to sleep, it’s just so hard to get me to sleep and to stay asleep. It has been for over a decade, but I’ve never had issues with medications affecting my tongues. I gave my life to Christ when I was 14, got filled when I was 18 and I’m just scared now. I’m worried I lost my tongues and my salvation. Sometimes my tongues are really clear and flow and other times it’s like they stop. I am seeing a pastoral counselor who thinks my issues with tongues and feeling disconnected from God stem from all the medications I take and not some spiritual source. I am going to PIHOP tonight to get some prophetic ministry which I hope helps. Am I still saved? I am so scared I’m going to hell. I’ve repented for lying.

Continue praying. Don't worry about praying in tongues for now. Start listening to Scripture--live in the Gospels for a while. Listen while you sleep on low volume, but loud enough that you can hear it. Listen when you can during the day. And wait for God.

Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟454,217.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How do I do it if I can’t sleep? Genuinely wondering.

God has patience, is not pointing fingers at you, don't stress yourself, if you can sleep without drugs the better, personally i hate drugs, (but i take some because i have to), my mother sometimes says that the brain just shuts off if you don't sleep, so even without drugs you are going to sleep some. Just don't torture yourself with thoughts about hell etc, God is very patient.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟454,217.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Myself after an 'episode' like 17 years ago, was prescribed with benzodiasepines or whatever is written, and after cold turkeying from them, i suffered severe withdrawal symptons, that lasted several years, those drugs get you addicted very bad, so please don't switch or leave drugs suddenly if you were prescribed by a doctor.

Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟454,217.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Another thing, after i converted, and was baptised by the Holy spirit, the devil attacked me very badly, he doesn't like spirit filled christians at all, so stay firm, and resist, that if this is not solved with drugs or other help, it can be related to attacks by him. Just so you be aware that the devil sometimes gets heavy on the attacks,
but we can win.

Upvote 0

spiritfilledjm

Site Supporter
Apr 15, 2007
Indianapolis, Indiana
✟225,404.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Sis, God loves you. Jesus loves you. Grace is an amazing thing. Let me ask you something, do you feel guilt over your past? After a suicide attempt I was filled with the Spirit shortly after getting out of the hospital. That didn't stop me from sinning, or anything. In fact, I left Christianity for 4 years several years later and only came back last year and got filled with the Spirit again last Sunday after seeking it for a year. Grace is more than just a get into heaven free card. Grace is what gives us the desire to live for Christ, which is why we feel guilty when we sin. Do you feel as if you let God down by attempting suicide? Not if you feel you let family and friends down, but God. If so, then I would say, yes, most definitely you are truly saved. I not only tried to throw the gift of life back in the face of God, I stopped believing that Jesus is His Son and followed another faith for 4 years. I know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that I am saved and filled with the Holy Spirit and that God has a plan for my life and that He is going to use my mistakes for His glory.

Upvote 0
Oct 18, 2018
Rancho Santa Margarita
✟8,920.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Sis, God loves you. Jesus loves you. Grace is an amazing thing. Let me ask you something, do you feel guilt over your past? After a suicide attempt I was filled with the Spirit shortly after getting out of the hospital. That didn't stop me from sinning, or anything. In fact, I left Christianity for 4 years several years later and only came back last year and got filled with the Spirit again last Sunday after seeking it for a year. Grace is more than just a get into heaven free card. Grace is what gives us the desire to live for Christ, which is why we feel guilty when we sin. Do you feel as if you let God down by attempting suicide? Not if you feel you let family and friends down, but God. If so, then I would say, yes, most definitely you are truly saved. I not only tried to throw the gift of life back in the face of God, I stopped believing that Jesus is His Son and followed another faith for 4 years. I know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that I am saved and filled with the Holy Spirit and that God has a plan for my life and that He is going to use my mistakes for His glory.
Yes I do feel guilty and ashamed more so.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

spiritfilledjm

Site Supporter
Apr 15, 2007
Indianapolis, Indiana
✟225,404.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Sis, you're saved. Your grief is very evident of that. You believe in God, believe that He sent His one and only son, Jesus, to die on the cross for our sins. You believe that He rose 3 days later and then you accepted Him into your heart. You're saved. You may not see yourself as worthy of it, and none of us are. Believe me though, God thinks you are every bit worthy of it because no longer are you wanting to throw His gift of life away, and you definitely don't want to lose the gift of tongues he has given you. You are also doing everything you can to ensure that you don't fall back into suicidal tendencies, and I'm proud of you for that, keep at it. As far as sleeping goes, I agree with others about listening to the Bible and praying. Also, maybe listen to soft "soaking" music and just focus on God. It will be the most amazing sleep you've had. May not happen immediately but it will come.

Upvote 0
Oct 18, 2018
Rancho Santa Margarita
✟8,920.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Sis, you're saved. Your grief is very evident of that. You believe in God, believe that He sent His one and only son, Jesus, to die on the cross for our sins. You believe that He rose 3 days later and then you accepted Him into your heart. You're saved. You may not see yourself as worthy of it, and none of us are. Believe me though, God thinks you are every bit worthy of it because no longer are you wanting to throw His gift of life away, and you definitely don't want to lose the gift of tongues he has given you. You are also doing everything you can to ensure that you don't fall back into suicidal tendencies, and I'm proud of you for that, keep at it. As far as sleeping goes, I agree with others about listening to the Bible and praying. Also, maybe listen to soft "soaking" music and just focus on God. It will be the most amazing sleep you've had. May not happen immediately but it will come.
Thank you. I really hope you’re right.

Upvote 0
Oct 18, 2018
Rancho Santa Margarita
✟8,920.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
There are many different ways to help yourself get to sleep. Keep trying different methods until you find one that works.
Any advice is welcome. I ordered a natural sleep aid so I’m hoping it helps.

Upvote 0

John Bowen

Site Supporter
Aug 16, 2018
dueba
✟48,940.00
Country
Fiji
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
From my understanding if you have thoughts of suicide you are under a demon attack .You need to call out loud to Archangel Michael for spiritual protection (thats his job ) or ask for the cloak of Jesus Christ to descend upon me now. I had a girlfriend same thing couldn't sleep she had attempted suicide .Cause She couldn't sleep she was watching tv , on commuter, phone which causes information poisoning to our minds making the problem worse. At Pentecost the disciples were speaking tongues in a different way then churches are doing today .They are attempting with this to show and outer demonstration to convince people. As the Bible says a " An evil and adulterus generation seeketh after outer signs and wonders " So by doing this you aren't opening yourself up to the real Holy Spirit but a false spirit that is attacking you .You should seek therapy cause drugs will just mask over your problems and they will lie and wait and cause more suffering in the future.

Upvote 0

spiritfilledjm

Site Supporter
Apr 15, 2007
Indianapolis, Indiana
✟225,404.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Good morning John! At least its morning here, anyways, it sounds like you may not be spirit-filled/charismatic from your post. With that being said I did want to advise you of this rule that can be found in the Spirit-filled/charismatic Statement of Purpose.

House Rules:

All posts within this faith community must adhere to the site wide rules found here (Community Rules). In addition, if you are not a member of this faith group, you may not debate issues or teach against its theology. You may post in fellowship. Active promotion of views contrary to the established teachings of this group will be considered off topic. This Forum does not recognize promotion of unorthodox theology teaching threads.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Basil the Great

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2009
✟721,243.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
Any advice is welcome. I ordered a natural sleep aid so I’m hoping it helps.
(1) Melatonin supplement has been used for many years. My physician says to take one pill 30 minutes before one wants to go to sleep. I only take it maybe twice a week. Sometimes it helps real good, other times not. It did not help my sister at all. Everyone is different..... if this fails, you could try #2
(2) Benadryl (non-prescription) or some other allergy pill that makes one drowsy. I take one of these maybe once a week and it almost always works.
(3) Long hot shower or bath before bedtime.
(4) A lot of exercise during the day, like a long walk.
(5) Experts say go to bed the same time every evening.
(6) Some say listening to sounds of nature relaxes one and aids sleep. There are even machines available at stores for this purpose. Then again, if money is an issue, YouTube probably has some selections of nature sounds, like ocean waves, birds chirping, etc.
(7) Certain foods might aid in sleep. Do some research on this. I usually take a good nap in the evening when I have a can of soup for dinner.

There are no doubt other options. This is all that comes to mind right now.

Upvote 0

GTW27

Aug 31, 2007
Western Pa
✟203,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi friends,

Right before bed:

"Holy Father, Please forgive my sins, and wash me clean. Cover me in The Blood, that You shed at Calvary upon That Cross. This I ask, in Jesus Holy Name. Amen."

Then let the last thing you do, be a chapter from the bible. Then off to a peaceful sleep. Yesterday has passed away, and today is the dawn of a new day. Be Blessed in Jesus Holy Name!

Upvote 0

Spirit of Pentecost

Acts 2:38 Salvation
May 6, 2016
Georgia
✟39,057.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
I received the Holy Ghost, evidenced by speaking in other tongues, back in February 2016. Immediately thereafter, the enemy started attacking. He tried his hardest to lock-jaw me, and for quite some time, he did just that. I couldn't speak in tongues for the longest, and for a while, it was as if I had convinced myself that I didn't have to after the initial infilling.

In saying my experience and struggles with other seasoned Pentecostals, I was led through a multitude of stories that showed me that I was certainly not alone in this boat. My people, including my own pastors, had experienced "dry spots" in their prayer lives where it was difficult them for them to speak in tongues and pray in the Spirit.

Since then, I have naturally went through other dry spells. Some of the times have been because of my own mess ups, drawing back from the Lord, or quite simply not pushing through hard enough in prayer. Likewise, I know the devil has tossed a trial or two in my path, which is only his way of trying to walk away from my faith.

Having vices that's difficult for your flesh to lay down can also be another hindrance in one's prayer life. Sometimes, I think we all fail to consider the lack of the necessity of praying in the Spirit, and how we, as people in this sinful flesh, can easily hinder it.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi.. lets get the basic out of the way so to speak. You asked Christ in to your heart.. we think WE found Him yet it was HE that found YOU. Things that cant be changed by ANYONE.. thats YOU also. You are NOW in Jesus hands.. and Jesus hands are in the Fathers...and get over it.. the Father NEVER says "oops dropped one" :) No.. NOTHING can take YOU out of HIS hands.. yes yes .. your SIN... John said "behold the lamb of God that takes AWAY the sins of the world".

Paul wrote to Jewish people that got saved and then would sin.. see those Jewish Christians would try to go back and offer a sacrifice for that sin. Paul told them.. Christ can not die again. See in the OLD TESTAMENT when they sinned they would once a year go offer up something for that sin. All that did was COVER that sin.. Yet ..wow.. Christ came didnt cover you sin.. but its GONE. So when you SIN and then confess it.. He is faithful and just to forgive you and CLEANS YOU from ALL unrighteousness

I was reading one day.. many years ago. In the margin of the bible said something like "if your heart convicts you ..you wont get anything from God". What? I got up and said "I quit" I said "my heart convicts me 24/7" of sin. I get up go for the door and He asks me "what is righteousness?" I start to turn and say "ok ok.. righteousness is right standing with God" He asks "how do you get righteousness?" I answer "by believing in JESUS"

Do you see? YOU see your self in sin.. and this FLESH loves to sin. But you are NO LONGER a slave to sin.. You have been set free. In the Fathers eyes right now.. you are 100% holy and sinless. Why? Because you believe in His SON! Its not based on how you FEEL... as Paul said.. does this mean we can FREELY SIN? God forbid.. its like if you have kids.. you love them and NOTHING can take them from you and you love will never go.. but they can still hurt you.. you in His arms... really..

See He does not judge you.... He does not condemn you. He NEVER EVER EVER EVER makes you feel guilty. God has not given YOU the spirit of fear but of power and love and a sound mind. SAY THAT every time FEAR comes up.. or something with your mind. And also say.. the JOY of the lord.. HELLO YOU GOD..YOUR DADDY... is YOUR strength.. HIS JOY is YOUR strength..

SIS.. you are just being lie to by the enemy. Find the fruits of the spirit in the word.. and 1st cor 13.. thats how your Father moves.. always in love peace.. never fear worry doubt.. NEVER. He died for you already.. you talk sins.. He says.. thats why I DIED! YOUR FREE! The mind is the enemys playground.

So.. drugs can do things...but.. our Father is GREATER.... every night.. read Psa 4. You will find.. at some point ...I never had to take anything to sleep and I have slept sound.. no drugs for that..

And.. Isa 41:10 <----that is YOUR DADDY your GOD talking to YOU! He made sure it was written for you.. Had YOU on His mind when it was written. FACT! And He never left you... He there when you sleep when you wake.. He is the PERFECT gentleman. And.. if you keep your mind on HIM He promised YOU He will keep you in PERFECT PEACE!

I dont say things to be nice.. I only say what I KNOW! Not HOPE..but KNOW that I KNOW that I KNOW! And.. I see you getting lol HIT by JOY! I know how it sounds.. but it will be as if you were HIT by JOY ...oh how He loves you so much... a old song comes to mind.. just part "something GOOD is going to happen to you.. happen to you this very day"..

Thank and ALWAYS praise HIM..give HIM all the thanks.. its HIM always was.. He sees your pain.. and He has cried with you every time... you were NEVER ONCE alone...something GOOD is really coming..

Upvote 0