Sleeping together (but not sex, just sleep)

ashergol

Oct 19, 2014
✟15,120.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
AU-Labor
Hi I am 52 & my Girlfriend is 31, she lives Interstate and wants to live closer to me, we are planning on renting a House together, I have One child from a previous Marriage, we are planning to get Marred next Year when my divorce is final. We would marry tomorrow if we could, but I won’t have a divorce till January and we get marred in February, We want to sleep in the same bed and not have sex, we both decided not to ware any reveling cloths to avoid temptation and other issues. And not to shower or bath together as we want our wedding night to be special.

I don’t feel it is crossing any Christian bounders. And don’t feel it is wrong in Gods eyes. We always want to do what is honoring to God, would never dream of Sex outside marriage, and that why we want a special wedding night as a celebration.

abacabb3

Jul 14, 2013
✟82,170.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I slept in the same bed as my wife before we were married, but I would take it back now. An older person taught me not to do anything with the appearance of evil and she welcomed us to stay at her house and sleep in separate beds. So, we repented of this minor evil for the sake of younger Christians with weaker consciences.

As for you two, and the age difference, I don't know. But I recommend separate rooms so if you are asked you can give the right answer.

Upvote 0

TeknonTheou

A son of God
Nov 30, 2014
Providence, RI
✟7,641.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I slept in the same bed as my wife before we were married, but I would take it back now. An older person taught me not to do anything with the appearance of evil and she welcomed us to stay at her house and sleep in separate beds. So, we repented of this minor evil for the sake of younger Christians with weaker consciences.

As for you two, and the age difference, I don't know. But I recommend separate rooms so if you are asked you can give the right answer.

I agree with this post because of the fact that it looks wrong, it should be questioned. The Bible says to abstain from all appearance of evil and to be without blame.

Upvote 0

JojotheBeloved

Part of the Family
Apr 18, 2014
✟8,622.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Of course, 1 Thes.5:22 has nothing to say about male female relationships let alone if one spend a night with someone of the opposite sex.

Good job, pointing this out in its misuse of context! I sincerely applaud you! I also looked up this verse to check before commenting at all, and it's talking about testing prophecies, not interpersonal or even social community relationships. The context says "19 Do not quench the Spirit. 20 Do not treat prophecies with contempt 21 but test them all; hold on to what is good, 22 reject every kind of evil" (NIV). A version comparison will also show that the only version that translates the verse as says "appearance of evil" is the KJV, whereas the others say "every form/kind of evil." In English, those phrases make a big difference in meaning. Anyway, I am not going to comment one way or the other on the original topic of this thread. I was just interested in the treatment of this verse. Thank you.

Reactions: dayhiker
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JojotheBeloved

Part of the Family
Apr 18, 2014
✟8,622.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
JojotheBeloved ... Sometimes I just have to point out the context of that verse as its used to condemn so many Christians when Rom.8:1 says there is now no condemnation in Christ Jesus.

Thank you so much for doing so! It is very refreshing and encouraging for me.

Upvote 0

splish- splash

Team- Early Interventions
Dec 2, 2019
✟225,561.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
One minute you will be, sleepng in seperate bedrooms in the same house, busy minding your own business, then the next time, the lounge tele gets broken, so she may then have to join you, in your bedroom inorder to watch some movies on your tele. Or maybe your bedroom and lounge sealing, might start to leak all of a sudden, then she may have to take you in, for the next couple of nights. :scratch:

Reactions: Judimma
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums