Zürich
✟132,521.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I struggled with prepping for many years before ultimately deciding to just move out of the US. I found a couple of key problems with prepping:

1. What if you are not in your shelter when nuclear war hits in the middle of the night?
2. What happens when the food runs out?

I plan for a nuclear war scenario. Take a look at a couple of articles below:

[June 7, 2019] The US just quietly challenged China on something Beijing promised to go to war over | Business Insider => The challenge was about Taiwan.
[April 15, 2019] US-Russia relations are getting worse, and that's raising concerns about stumbling into a nuclear war | Business Insider
[July 21, 2018] Moscow Is Ready for a Nuclear War (As in Lots of Bunkers for the Population) | National Interest

Russia has bunkers for at least 40 million people. Does MAD still apply if over 25% of the Russian population survives?

Not saying that nuclear war is going to happen this year, but the risk of nuclear war is increasing.

If the US got nuked in the middle of the night while you were sleeping, how would you know?

Let's say you survive the nuclear war. However, a year or two later your food runs out. Then what? Can you farm?

Matt5

Jun 12, 2019
Zürich
✟132,521.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
[June 8, 2018] A New Study Says a War with North Korea Could Be Hell (And Start a U.S.-China War) | National Interest

Even if you're thinking about an NK war, it appears you might get a China war too. And probably a war with Russia war too.

[July 28, 2018] Will China, US fall into Thucydides Trap? | SundayGuardianLive

The Thucydides Trap leaves the key players vulnerable to third parties (like NK or Iran) who do something which then causes a big war to occur.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟718,761.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I struggled with prepping for many years before ultimately deciding to just move out of the US. I found a couple of key problems with prepping:

1. What if you are not in your shelter when nuclear war hits in the middle of the night?

[June 7, 2019] The US just quietly challenged China on something Beijing promised to go to war over | Business Insider => The challenge was about Taiwan.
[April 15, 2019] US-Russia relations are getting worse, and that's raising concerns about stumbling into a nuclear war | Business Insider
[July 21, 2018] Moscow Is Ready for a Nuclear War (As in Lots of Bunkers for the Population) | National Interest

Russia has bunkers for at least 40 million people. Does MAD still apply if over 25% of the Russian population survives?

Not saying that nuclear war is going to happen this year, but the risk of nuclear war is increasing.

If the US got nuked in the middle of the night while you were sleeping, how would you know?

Let's say you survive the nuclear war. However, a year or two later your food runs out. Then what? Can you farm?

You really can't prepare for the unknown ... when it could happen, where it would happen, how long would the effects last, long term effects from it are indeterminable ... to many variables.

However, short term scenarios do happen, power outages, breaks in food chain supplies, etc. due to various reasons, and I think it reasonable to prepare for the possibility them. We do 6 months. Even then that might be all in vain as well.

Who knows?

Upvote 0

Bladerunner

Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2018
Middle TN
✟72,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

It is obvious you have not placed your life in the Lord's hands.......

Blade

Upvote 0

Matt5

Jun 12, 2019
Zürich
✟132,521.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You really can't prepare for the unknown ... when it could happen, where it would happen, how long would the effects last, long term effects from it are indeterminable ... to many variables.

However, short term scenarios do happen, power outages, breaks in food chain supplies, etc. due to various reasons, and I think it reasonable to prepare for the possibility them. We do 6 months. Even then that might be all in vain as well.

Who knows?

Doing something is better than nothing.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟560,499.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The question is what if you do survive? You, your wife, and your family?
There is only one answer. You first have to believe the best, the positive, and good. Believe that God is going help you through. Believe you will be alive "the day after."
So then what? Are we released from the Biblical admonition that states we are responsible for providing for our families? You do not need some vision or word from God to tell you that this is your duty to God, your family, and your community? This is especially true since you can see the trouble coming. You see the dam up the hill is about to break. What do you do? Do you turn to your loved ones and say "looks like a flood is about overtake us. Let's just sit in the front room and expect God to save us."
Or do you do what common sense tells you to do. Get the fam in the car, get whatever items you need and want to save... and you head for high ground. You do not need God to tell you do to this. It is utter foolishness to suggest anything else.
And if the opposite happens... that is if you are not here the day after. A lot of people, including Christians, will not be. There is no evidence in history that believers are exempt from catastrophe both natural or man-made. What do you do? Do you throw your hands up.. just give up.. hopeless... faithless:

gloom doom and agony on me...
deep dark depression excessive misery...
if it weren't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all,
gloom, despair, and agony on me...
ohhhhhhh!!!

We are people of hope, faith, and love.
When in doubt... do what love tells you to do. Live, life, be fruitful.
We prep because we are love and faith people. We assume the best. We assume life.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,059.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single

I can eat wild plants raw. I'm resistant to many plant toxins. I've subsisted on wild plants once which others would find incredibly unpalatable but I actually love the taste. In fact, I enjoy eating such foods.

I'm not saying it's ever safe.... I do possess some genetic abnormalities that seem useful for thriving in harsh environments without technological aids. This is probably how toxins have very little effect on me.

Most herbivores in nature are immune to many plant toxins.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟560,499.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This is why we prep. Not out of fear and dread, but in faith, love, and hope for the future. The idea that I would grab up my wife and kids and head toward ground zero is, forgive me, very morbid and depressing. We hear all the time how prepping is negative and doom-saying. Yet I find the "party like it is 1999" approach is not only worse, but suicidal. You have to have hope. Without faith and hope for the future.. life is trite and meaningless. I do not mean to be critical and certainly not cruel. But please trust God for the best and for life. God is good and His mercy endures forever. Do not succumb to this age's attitude of death, doom, and darkness. Be light. Be faith. Believe in the future good! I pray you and your families live long and healthy lives.. no matter what the future may hold. :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

Bladerunner

Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2018
Middle TN
✟72,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you know where the nukes may drop, run towards them.

I wouldn't want to be a survivor in the aftermath of an all-out nuclear attack.
If you are believe in Jesus and His Gospel (1 Cor 15:1-4), then you will not go through them. You will not be on earth.

Blade

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟560,499.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We must recall that wars and rumors of wars are first a part of the "beginning of sorrows." I suspect this would include any limited nuclear exchange.

Matt 24:
6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.
8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.

Seeing wars does not mean the "end" is here. In fact He said "the end is not yet."

Later He says:
Matt 24
21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

This can only be referring to the Great Tribulation.

Upvote 0

imMD

Jun 18, 2019
California
✟17,026.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We are people of hope, faith, and love.
When in doubt... do what love tells you to do. Live, life, be fruitful.
We prep because we are love and faith people. We assume the best. We assume life.

I've stored supplies, but I know it may be to hand them to my neighbors, or to feed my wife and I. Don't know yet. Have to see what happens, and what our Father wants.

Much love!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bladerunner

Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2018
Middle TN
✟72,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We must recall that wars and rumors of wars are first a part of the "beginning of sorrows." I suspect this would include any limited nuclear exchange.

Matt 24:
6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.
8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.

Seeing wars does not mean the "end" is here. In fact He said "the end is not yet."

Later He says:
Matt 24
21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

This can only be referring to the Great Tribulation.
It is referring to the second half of Daniel's 70th week. "The Great Tribulation" is also known as Jacob's Troubles.. WHY,,,Jacob is Israel. The Church is long gone prior to any wrath of GOD hits earth...

Blade

Upvote 0

Matt5

Jun 12, 2019
Zürich
✟132,521.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is why we prep. Not out of fear and dread, but in faith, love, and hope for the future. The idea that I would grab up my wife and kids and head toward ground zero is, forgive me, very morbid and depressing. We hear all the time how prepping is negative and doom-saying. Yet I find the "party like it is 1999" approach is not only worse, but suicidal. You have to have hope. Without faith and hope for the future.. life is trite and meaningless. I do not mean to be critical and certainly not cruel. But please trust God for the best and for life. God is good and His mercy endures forever. Do not succumb to this age's attitude of death, doom, and darkness. Be light. Be faith. Believe in the future good! I pray you and your families live long and healthy lives.. no matter what the future may hold. :oldthumbsup:

It's rare to find a person who is willing to lift a finger to save himself from nuclear war. Almost everyone would rather do nothing. Sadly, this is what I have found.

We can survive nuclear war if we prepare. I'm suggesting that people move preparation for nuclear war up the list.

Upvote 0

Matt5

Jun 12, 2019
Zürich
✟132,521.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is referring to the second half of Daniel's 70th week. "The Great Tribulation" is also known as Jacob's Troubles.. WHY,,,Jacob is Israel. The Church is long gone prior to any wrath of GOD hits earth...

Blade

I have noticed that pre-trib people are really pre-nuke. No nukes will be falling before they are raptured out of here. Isn't that cheating?

Upvote 0