Visit site
✟727,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Anyone have any input on spiritual causes for sleep Insomnia. Biblical reference(s) would be great.
Isaiah 50:10 & 11

10Who among you fears the Lord and obeys the word of his servant?
Let the one who walks in the dark, who has no light, trust in the name of the Lord
and rely on their God.
11But now, all you who light fires and provide yourselves with flaming torches,
go, walk in the light of your fires and of the torches you have set ablaze.
This is what you shall receive from my hand: You will lie down in torment.

I had 6 months of chronic insomnia. I'd set my heart on something contrary to God's will. It was only when I let go of the desire that I slept properly. I was getting only a couple of hours, just before it was time to get up for work.

Upvote 0

Kyle W

Oct 2, 2020
Midland
✟16,332.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My insomnia is really bad right now. I took my sleep aid last night and it didn't really do anything. I have been trying to let go of everything that might be causing this sleeplessness but I have been unable to.

Can I have some prayer? I don't know if this is it.

I have been praying and praying and I have not been able to rest. This is torture, as I don't want to keep taking things out of desperation, just to sleep.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟699,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Anyone have any input on spiritual causes for sleep Insomnia. Biblical reference(s) would be great.

Praying in the Holy Ghost does wonders - if you are up for hours - pray for hours.

Upvote 0

GTW27

Aug 31, 2007
Western Pa
✟203,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Have no anxiety about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your request be made known to God.
When we fully learn to trust The Lord, we pray that His will be done.(On earth as it is in heaven). When we pray by our own will. we are saying to Him that we know better than Him what is needed at this moment. When we pray, weather it be left or right we have decided for Him not knowing that not trusting Him fully to decide a matter, puts a burden upon our selves. That burden that burdens us has already been decided before the foundation of the world. Let us pray and trust only that His will be done. When I lay my head down at night, I am at peace, for I know my Father has forgiven me of all, and I know that all things are in His hands including myself. Hand everything to Him and trust that His will be done. Shortly many, and I mean many, will be disappointed and yet His will, will be done. Many words have been spoken out loud, and they all will fall to the ground. Have a Blessed night and rest in the peace that surpasses understanding!

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟687,556.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Stress and anxiety are the most prominent medical reasons for insomnia. There can be deeper medical reasons, but stress or anxiety are the most common or prevalent reasons.

The Bible seems to agree with the medical community in this regard where we see in the Psalms such as Psalm 4:8 where King David says:

"In peace I will lie down and sleep, for you alone, LORD, make me dwell in safety."

David is here saying when we put our trust wholly in God we have peace as well as sleep because it is Him alone (in isolation) who keeps us safe. We have need of no one else, save God who is sovereign over all. All other help would be vain, superfluous. God alone brought Israel through the wilderness Deuteronomy 32:12; God alone established Israel in Canaan Psalms 44:2-3. David felt that he needed no second helper and protector and it is that peace in God's ability to keep us safe that brings us peaceful sleep.

So cast your cares on Him, and not on anything or anyone else because it is God alone who protects us and keeps us safe in His power.

Stop stressing and stop worrying.

Upvote 0

GTW27

Aug 31, 2007
Western Pa
✟203,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Have no anxiety about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your request be made known to God.
When we fully learn to trust The Lord, we pray that His will be done.(On earth as it is in heaven). When we pray by our own will. we are saying to Him that we know better than Him what is needed at this moment. When we pray, weather it be left or right we have decided for Him not knowing that not trusting Him fully to decide a matter, puts a burden upon our selves. That burden that burdens us has already been decided before the foundation of the world. Let us pray and trust only that His will be done. When I lay my head down at night, I am at peace, for I know my Father has forgiven me of all, and I know that all things are in His hands including myself. Hand everything to Him and trust that His will be done. Shortly many, and I mean many, will be disappointed and yet His will, will be done. Many words have been spoken out loud, and they all will fall to the ground. Have a Blessed night and rest in the peace that surpasses understanding!

And now the words of the false prophets will fall to the ground and great will be the sound of it. Be not discouraged, but be encouraged, for He will finish the work He started in us.

Upvote 0