Johannesburg
✟6,941.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I wrote an essay a few months ago, which was actually an apologetic reasoning against the Islamic attacks Muslims use to show how bad the Christian Bible is concerning Slavery.
However, what I found when I instigated that God said in the Bible, and what Allah instructed in the Quran, was shocking indeed!

Read it for yourself.

Attachments

• Slavery in the Bible edit.pdf
    610.7 KB · Views: 1

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Islamic attacks Muslims use to show how bad the Christian Bible is concerning Slavery

To our eyes the idea of slavery is wrong and that the bible allows slaves seems shocking.

While in the OT slavery is permitted it is also strictly limited and surrounded with restrictions.
Compare these with the abcence of restrictions and limitations in islam and there is no comparason.
see Slavery in Islam

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Piet Strydom

Jan 10, 2018
Johannesburg
✟6,941.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for the feedback.
My intent with the investigation I made was to give Christians the True description from God about "slavery" in the Bible.
Too often we find that anyone that criticizes the Bible does so without reading what the Bible says about obtaining and treatment of a "slave", but simply sees the word SLAVE, and slam on the brakes, making conclusions, and incorrectly even use their erroneous assumptions to discard the Old Testament.

I am glad to see that there are many other christian writers who also went to see what the truth about Slavery in the Bible is about.

Be as it may, I hope Christians can use this information wheneve an atheist or Muslim scholar tries to discredit the Bible with their false allegations.

This is how we as believers in Jesus should arm our self.
Greetings

Upvote 0

Piet Strydom

Jan 10, 2018
Johannesburg
✟6,941.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Oh, by the way...
I met Yusuf Ismail a few times after he debated with Dakdok, and he simply ignores anything that was shown to him.
He also refuses to debate on the same topic with anyone that challenges him.
The Word of God is amaizing indeed.

Upvote 0

2tim_215

Site Supporter
Sep 9, 2017
New York
✟105,637.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You also might want to take a look at the little book of Philemon, a slave owner who is a Christian who Paul is writing to imploring him to release a slave he owns by the name of Onesimus. In the Old Testament Jews were allowed to sell themselves into slavery to absolve their debt and once absolved, they were let go. Many times they would do this for their families and there was a limit as to how long they could be enslaved, and had to be released at a certain time. And, as I believe (was pointed out) they were not be mistreated, nothing like what we see in modern day slavery. I'm not sure, but I don't think that they were allowed to enslave women and children, maybe someone could check to verify that if it hasn't been already.

Islam is totally different. You become a slave if you're unwilling to convert, that's if you're lucky and they don't kill you or put you in jail which they are likely to do.

Last edited:
Upvote 0