Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
I finally actually sat down and played about 3 hours of the game after messing with mods. I was still playing with mods because a nice gentleman from a guild that I am in from an MMO sent me some computer parts and included was a Geforce GTX460 OC Edition 1GB Video Card. So I was able to add a couple more mods that i wanted and even use a ENB.

I got as far as completing the side quest called The Golden Claw and I have to say that i have not had that much fun in a video game in a very long time. I think part of the reason for that is some of the mods that I have. One of those mods being a combat mod that has scenes where if you shoot an arrow at a NPC sometimes the camera changes it's POV to the arrow and follows the arrow into the NPC. It's a well made mod for sure.

So yeah, Skyrim is a great video game and lots of fun to play.

SithDoughnut

The Agnostic, Ignostic, Apatheistic Atheist
Jan 2, 2010
The Death Starbucks
✟18,474.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
One of those mods being a combat mod that has scenes where if you shoot an arrow at a NPC sometimes the camera changes it's POV to the arrow and follows the arrow into the NPC. It's a well made mod for sure.

I'm pretty sure the whole "slow-mo killcam" thing is part of the base game, which Bethesda decided to include after positive reactions from the recent Fallout games.

Have you tried the earlier games in the series? You should, especially if you like the atmosphere and lore. Combat in Skyrim is the best they've done yet, but it seems to have been at the cost of writing quality and style.

Upvote 0

Boidae

Senior Veteran
Aug 18, 2010
Central Florida
✟21,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
I'm pretty sure the whole "slow-mo killcam" thing is part of the base game, which Bethesda decided to include after positive reactions from the recent Fallout games.

Have you tried the earlier games in the series? You should, especially if you like the atmosphere and lore. Combat in Skyrim is the best they've done yet, but it seems to have been at the cost of writing quality and style.

I dabbled in Morrowind and Oblivion (I have the Oblivion GOTY Edition sitting in my collection), but since I have had Skyrim since December 2011 and am just now playing it because of mods, I think I will stick with Skyrim. Plus, the mods seem to be better here in Skyrim and work much better together overall compared to Oblivion.

Upvote 0

Boidae

Senior Veteran
Aug 18, 2010
Central Florida
✟21,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
Have no part with workers of darkness, but expose them.

we must strive to follow christ, not man. God's word is very clear about these things and they are sinful. I choose to obey God not men.

This board is fellowship among gamers.

You're not doing any kind of fellowship, but instead calling us sinners.

I have asked you to not respond in my thread anymore. Please respect that.

Upvote 0

bsd31

Aug 16, 2009
South of Canada, North of Mexico
✟17,400.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
you are sinners. jesus died because you fool with this occult garbage! how does that make you feel???

I sin every single day. EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. And so do you, Bubbles. In fact you've come to this very thread committing sins. How does that make you feel?

Upvote 0

bsd31

Aug 16, 2009
South of Canada, North of Mexico
✟17,400.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
then youre going to hell. sin cannot enter the holy god presence

LOL, ok well clearly you are a troll. And worse a troll who has never once opened their Bible and actually read what it says. That's ok, we forgive you.

And this conversation is over. If you want to discuss your perilous state, and your pending damnation PM me. Do not respond here.

Upvote 0

Gadarene

-______-
Apr 16, 2012
London
✟75,247.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Labour

It wasn't with the first release. I think it was patched in, at least on Xbox anyway.

So I bought Morrowind a while back, and I have Oblivion and Skyrim too. And then I found that Arena and Daggerfall are free to download from Bethesda. These games are humongous, and I have all five. I'm gonna need a spare year at some point o_O

Upvote 0

Gadarene

-______-
Apr 16, 2012
London
✟75,247.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Labour
Ignoring the obvious trollish answer, who else thinks that Skyrim is a great game?

I do! :D

Think I fell in love with it when I realised I could dual-cast Spark Emperor Palpatine style when raiding Bleak Falls Barrow. And blast people off cliffs with it. And set off traps with it so they didn't hurt me.

I'm still on my first game. I need to lug all my stockpiled stuff to a dungeon, dump it in a chest there and wait a few days till the game deletes it all, as I have kept so much crap from about ~400 hours of gaming I can't run the game anymore without it crashing. :/

And I want to play Dawnguard, darn it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The-Doctor

Man with a scarf
Nov 12, 2002
England
✟28,282.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I play skyrim...I like finding new things to do that are not scripted or originally an intention of the game design...like stealing all the guard shields for my collection or collecting enough books to fill a room full of shelves. I have seen a video on YouTube featuring the skyrim games such as turnip throwing and archery.

Upvote 0

Boidae

Senior Veteran
Aug 18, 2010
Central Florida
✟21,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
Skyrim is definitely one of my favorite games. I love all of the mods that are available for the PC version, you can add some pretty awesome stuff via the Skyrim Nexus.

Yep, as a matter of fact I am still adding here and there.

I recently added a better Husky mod called Garm the Husky Companion. Since I didn't like the models that the author already had, I asked if he could make another one for me that was full size and without armor, and sure enough he did.

Upvote 0

NULLARC-X

Apr 3, 2010
✟15,150.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Yep, as a matter of fact I am still adding here and there.

I recently added a better Husky mod called Garm the Husky Companion. Since I didn't like the models that the author already had, I asked if he could make another one for me that was full size and without armor, and sure enough he did.

Nice, I'm using the mod that adds Game of Thrones direwolves as companions, that ones pretty cool too.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

WalksWithChrist

Seeking God's Will
Jan 5, 2005
USA
Visit site
✟38,526.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
I absolutely love Skyrim. I played I dunno how many different characters...all the races at least once. I picked one character and basically completed every possible general sidequest and all the guild quests for that type of character. That was very rewarding. One thing I noticed with Skyrim is that every time I start a new character I have just as much fun with Bleak Falls Barrow as I did the first time...if not more. Such a rich game! So rich for me in fact since I'm not really a hardcore power gamer, I didn't even do much with mods. The stock game itself is more than enough for me.

I finally stopped playing after many months (played Star Trek Online mostly...that was fun) and recently started a new character...then I got Rome Total War II.
;)

Upvote 0