Raleigh
✟15,238.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Years ago, I bought a "lifetime subscription" to Sky Angel. (like circa 1999 or 2000 or 2001 ???)

After a few months/years (??) that I disconnected my Dish Network service. It was related to when they stopped carrying the major networks but were not local major networks. (NBC out of NY, ABC out of DC, etc, IIRC).

After some researching, I'm confused as to the current state of being of Sky Angel.

Let's say I could get Sky Angel to find my lifetime account.

Does having a lifetime subscription get me anything these days?

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟777,192.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I do not think so, they are pretty much gone. A decent alternative is to get a dish and Glorystar receiver. There is no monthly fee and a good portion of the programming is similar. The Glorystar receiver is really just a FTA Satellite receiver with custom software that talks to Glorystar to tune the channels they preset. If you still have your dish they can point it correctly and then you can get a new receiver with DVR built in. A new dish and receiver is about $250 shipped, and plan on around $200 to get it set up by a local dealer/installer, but without the monthly fees that is not a bad deal. It is focused on Christian programming, Adventist to be exact...but they do not provide local networks like NBC, ABC, etc. or cable networks....but hey, it's free after the install.
Free Christian Satellite and Internet Television - No Monthly Fees from Glorystar Christian Satellite!

Reactions: shh
Upvote 0

shh

Oct 4, 2017
Raleigh
✟15,238.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I do not think so, they are pretty much gone. A decent alternative is to get a dish and Glorystar receiver. There is no monthly fee and a good portion of the programming is similar. The Glorystar receiver is really just a FTA Satellite receiver with custom software that talks to Glorystar to tune the channels they preset. If you still have your dish they can point it correctly and then you can get a new receiver with DVR built in. A new dish and receiver is about $250 shipped, and plan on around $200 to get it set up by a local dealer/installer, but without the monthly fees that is not a bad deal. It is focused on Christian programming, Adventist to be exact...but they do not provide local networks like NBC, ABC, etc. or cable networks....but hey, it's free after the install.
Free Christian Satellite and Internet Television - No Monthly Fees from Glorystar Christian Satellite!

Ok. Thanks for the tip. Yeah, a few hundred dollars and free after install is pretty dern good. Thanks for the tip.

Reactions: tampasteve
Upvote 0