Visit site
✟6,523.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I really need to purchase more skirts! However, it's winter season and no where in any store in my city can I find a decent skirt. Oy! Perhaps I should learn how to sew.

Do any of you guys know of an online site that sells skirts?

Please and Thank you.

God Bless! :angel:

Philothei

Love never fails
Nov 4, 2006
Northeast, USA
✟68,179.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I have started sewing them myself ... I just cut the material the other day... It is simple if you have a sewing machine... I am planning to use no zipper just elastic around the waste to make them easier. I have made dresses for my daughter before... it is not too hard but it takes some time.. I hope by Christmas to have finished some ... 2 skirts(me and my daughter) and two jumpers. I use cordiroy... I figure is it warm and durable, and my daughter can wear them to school. She has a uniform.

I will check out the site you guys posted here see ...if it fits my bugget.

Thanks.

Philothei

Upvote 0

Akathist

Theology Team
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2004
USA
✟70,418.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
If you wear a size 14 or more check out these great sites for longer modest skirts:

http://lanebryant.charmingshoppes.com/pagebuilder/HOME

size 12 and up:
http://www.womanwithin.com/

I have bought from all three above and like the clothes just fine.

I bought this skirt from JC Penny and love it: http://www3.jcpenney.com/jcp/Products.aspx?ItemID=121a80f&ItemTyp=G&GrpTyp=SIZ&ShowMenu=T&ShopBy=0&SearchString=skirt&RefPage=SearchDepartment.aspx&CmCatId=SearchResults&Search1Prod=True&S4Filter=N%7c4294967249%7cNtt%7cskirt%7cNtk%7csearch_all%7cNao%7c0%7cNty%7c1%7csid%7c116B730022F5%7cNtx%7cmode%2bmatchallpartial%7cNtpr%7c1%7cNtpc%7c1%7cFN4294967249%7cblack

It comes in sizes as small as "6".
I never have to iron it and it is not too stiff. But not too soft either so that it clings. JC Penny has other longer skirts but more on line or in the catelog then what you will see in the store.
Here is a link to a list of other places for modest clothing: http://www.stanosheck.com/Modesty.html

Upvote 0

Matrona

Lady Godiva Freedom Rider
Aug 17, 2003
USA
Visit site
✟20,668.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Matrona, what happened with Tzinus? I've ordered several times from them, but the last time was about half a year ago. I love their long wrap skirts in the winters...

I ordered three square cotton scarves and one rectangular scarf from them. When they arrived, one of the square scarves was stained with something black like grease. It wasn't a big stain but I still wanted to know how to get it out before trying to wear it. And the rectangular scarf was very very obviously different from what I ordered - it was some kind of multicolored open woven thing whereas I'd ordered a striped scarf that was opaque cloth. What I got was far too fragile for me to use as a headcovering. So I sent them an email and even went to the trouble to take photos with my digital camera, and attached them to the email. They said they would look into it and never did.

I ordered a snood from them one time that turned out to be defective, and they were really nice about sending me a replacement and didn't even ask for the bad one back. But this experience was a waste of $25, and I just don't have the money to risk on them again.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rahma

FUNdamentalist
Jan 15, 2004
between a frozen wastelan and a wast desert
Visit site
✟16,435.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Modest Clothes Directory

Excellent resource for online modest clothes shopping, includes sites from a wide variety of relgious traditions and cultures. Lots of shops with skirts.

I wear skirts on a daily basis (when I'm not running or at the gym), and all of my skirts come from shukr. I've been buying from them for years, and even the ones I got 4 years ago and have worn and washed 100+ times are still in excellent shape. I never buy anything from them when they first come out - they'll usually go to the clearanced section in a few months, and then you can get them for 50%+ off.

Upvote 0

Shubunkin

Antiochian Orthodox Christian
Jun 18, 2005
✟17,565.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Then I have this one, and it takes no electricity to run. :)

newhome2.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.