Skinny Dipping?

Would you go skinny dipping?

• No, never.

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Yes, but only if I was alone (no others present).

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Yes, but only if I was joined by my spouse/significant other (no others present).

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Yes, but only if I was joined by family or friends of the same sex (no others present).

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Yes, but only if I was joined by family or friends of both sexes (no others present).

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Yes, and I would do so with strangers of both sexes.

Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 11.1%

• Total voters

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Sexual intercourse is not always off-limits. Neither are the words "sexual intercourse".
The f-word is off limits because it's considered vulgar, not because it refers to sex.

The bible says the husband not hath power over the body but the wife. Its still off limits. its kind of a paradox.

The f word is off limits because people dont wanna hear about sexual things, let alone vivid descriptions. Thats what makes it vulgar.

Upvote 0

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Well, I love hearing about sexual things. I've taken several college courses on human sexuality, read about it extensively, and I often discuss it with friends. But I don't use vulgar words to describe sexual parts or functions. Those words aren't very precise anyway.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Well, I love hearing about sexual things. I've taken several college courses on human sexuality, read about it extensively, and I often discuss it with friends. But I don't use vulgar words to describe sexual parts or functions. Those words aren't very precise anyway.
Its not normal to discuss those things.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Vulgar means talking explicitly about things that are wierd to talk about.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Well then, I enjoy abnormal discussions with my abnormal friends and family members.

(I also skinny dip with them)

Care to guess who has the cleaner mind? (you or me)

Something is vulgar because being explicit about wierd things is disgusting.

Upvote 0

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Vulgar means talking explicitly about things that are wierd to talk about.

No, "vulgar" means "like the common people".
Unfortunately, too many people associate nudity with illicit sex, and it shows up here in spades.
They are not related, however.

Upvote 0

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
They are. Nudity means showing whats off limits.

Limits change with culture, and era, and experiences (individual and collective).

The only one Who does not change is God, and NOWHERE in the Bible does He forbid nudity.

Upvote 0

Lord Vega

King NES
Jun 13, 2020
Clearwater, FL
✟17,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Limits change with culture, and era, and experiences (individual and collective).

The only one Who does not change is God, and NOWHERE in the Bible does He forbid nudity.

What about in the Book of Genesis where Adam and Eve were banned from the Garden of Eden, then were made to wear clothes to cover themselves up? Does that suggest God opposes nudism? What do you think?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Functional nudity (reason for being nude) has never been an issue.

Skinny dipping isn't a big deal...but I wouldn't sunbathe that way.

Nudity in scriptures is synonymous with slavery. (You don't supply clothes to slaves)

In America it's a big deal... same thing in Canada, Greenland and other cold climates.

In tropical locations the civil Governments are trying to get their people to actually wear clothes that adequately cover. Nudity is rampant.

All in perspective.

Upvote 0

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What about in the Book of Genesis where Adam and Eve were banned from the Garden of Eden, then were made to wear clothes to cover themselves up? Does that suggest God opposes nudism? What do you think?

I think that God made the leather clothes for Adam and Eve because He knew what kind of cold, rough, dangerous environment they would live in, once they left Eden. They didn't know what they needed, but God did, and God knew their flimsy fig-leaf aprons would not be enough.

Nowhere did God command them to wear the clothes He made. He didn't have to; wearing clothes was their idea.

Upvote 0