Jan 13, 2002
Rochdale
Visit site
✟11,112.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My friend went to a Leader's School recently. In one of the sessions, they spent time focussing on God and hearing what He had to say to them. In that time, my friend had a picture - a bit like a video....

In this picture, he and Jesus were walking by the sea talking with each other. He tells me that whenever he spends time with God it is usually by water, not surprising since he used to be in the Navy.

Anyway, as they were walking and talking, my friend picked up a pebble and skimmed it across the surface of the water - as men tend to do. It bounced across the surface five times before it sank. Jesus picked up a stone and skimmed it. It bounce once and then hit the horizon. My friend, delighted and surprised, picked up another pebble and skimmed it across the surface of the water. It again bounced five times and sank. My friend turned to look at Jesus. Jesus picked up a pebble and skimmed it across the surface of the water, it bounced once and then hit the horizon. The same thing happened for the third time. My friend looked at Jesus, who picked up a pebble and put it in my friend's hand and then encouraged him to throw the pebble. My friend turned towards the sea and skimmed the pebble across the surface of the water. It bounced once and then hit the horizon.

My friend turned to Jesus excitedly. Jesus, smiling, said to him "The things I put into your hands go a lot further"

I just wanted to share that with you....

ZiSunka

It means 'yellow dog'
Jan 16, 2002
✟38,767.00
Faith
Christian
The ocean is often a symbol of longing for intimacy and desire for love in dreams, too. If your friend usually dreams about the ocean when he dreams about Jesus, his mind is probably expressing a longing for intimacy with Jesus. Neat dream, really.

I love the "punchline" of the dream. I think I'll meditate on that today:

"The things I put into your hands go a lot further."

Upvote 0