FireRock

Call me a dreamer of the seemingly unattainable...
Aug 23, 2004
Kansas City, Missouri
✟20,744.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Okay, here's a little premise before I start posting the script.

Characters:
Jay - hardcore skater - rollerblades
Shorty - laidback - freestyle walks
Bean - sarcastic, dark - skateboards
Quack - weird, oddball - bike (bmx)
Pretty - girlygirl - scooter

Basic Plot:
A group of teenage girls takes a summer road trip to different churches and youth groups to see their extreme sports. A skater movie that makes fun of skater movies in a way.

Written summer of 2004 (still a work in progress)

There are other characters in the script, but either they are very minor (teachers, other teenagers, etc.) Or they haven't been developed to the point of needing to mention them yet. There are a couple of inside jokes between me and the co-creators of this, but I'm hoping that it'll just come off as randomness and it'll fit in along with the rest of the dialogue. I hope to begin production in the spring of 2006, but I still have to see how quickly cast and crew come along.

I don't exactly have a teaser for this one yet, but by the time this script is finished, inspiration should hit me. :)

FireRock

Aug 23, 2004
Kansas City, Missouri
✟20,744.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

(opening scene: group of kids at a skate park doing tricks, etc. credits show up randomly while various shots of kids are shown. last shot is a kid going off a jump.)

(shot of rollerblades hitting the ground and continuing down the street.)

Jay:
(VO) Everyone has a story to tell. This is ours. Our claim to fame. Our moment of greatness.

(shots of rollerblades going through park with children playing.)

(VO) Every story has a beginning. Our story begins here, in our hometown. We’ve all grown up here together, gone to school together, and pretty much done everything together. Now, we were going to be great together, and this was the time.

(close-up of rollerblades stopping)

(VO) Since every story has its characters, let meet the cast of ours.

(close-up on hands unbuckling rollerblades, camera follows Jay as she stands up)

(VO) There’s me, of course. Everyone just calls me Jay. It’s straight and to the point, like me.

(shots of rollerblades off and Jay putting shoes on)

(VO) I’m actually on my way to find everyone else. This should be fun.

(shot of Jay’s feet walking into house and door closing)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(close-up on lighter flame with fingers going through it)

Jay:
(VO) First stop, Shorty’s house.

(shot of Shorty’s bedroom door. Jay walks in; Shorty is laying upside down on her bed, playing with lighter)

(VO) This is Shorty. She’s pretty laid-back, which is cool.

(Jay crouches down in front of Shorty)

Am I interrupting?

Shorty:
Meh… (flips off bed)

Jay:
Sweet, let’s go. (gets up and walks out)

(Shorty grabs backpack and hoodie and walks out after Jay. shots of them walking through town)

Shorty:
(VO) Like Jay said, I’m Shorty. I’m the oldest of the crew here, meaning I’m graduating from high school this year and heading off in to the real world. We needed one last big adventure before we all started heading our separate ways. But um, not much to say about myself that you can’t generally figure out by yourself. Besides, there are people in our little group here that are much more interesting than me.

(shot through window of Jay and Shorty passing by. after a moment they come back and look through window. they look at each other and head inside.)

(VO)Take Bean, for example. It’s fun to get inside her head, but you don’t want to get lost.
(shot of black shoes tapping to hard music; camera pans up past weird black pants and random band shirt; shows Bean with headphones on coloring chic magazines with black permanent marker.)

(VO) I guess she’s kind of like me, only in the completely opposite direction.

(shot of Shorty and Jay walking up to Bean in the library)​

Jay:
(seeing what Bean is doing) You’ve got to be kidding me.

Bean:
(noticing Jay and Shorty) What? The little skanks needed some clothing, and I’m helping them out. (smiles smugly)

Jay:
(motioning for them to leave) Look, let’s just go, okay? (leaves ahead of them)

Shorty:​

(looking at magazine) Nice job. They look much better. (smiles at Bean)

Bean:
(smiles again as they walk out) (VO) Yeah, I’m Bean. I guess some people might say that I’m negative or something, but I don’t really care.

(shots of them walking through town)

(VO) We can’t all be as hardcore as Jay, or as laid-back as Shorty…
Pretty:
(interrupting narration) Hi guys! I’ve been trying to find you all day! Look at my new outfit! I totally just it!

Bean:
(rolling eyes) (VO) …or as brain-dead as Barbie.

Jay:
(as they all come together) Yeah, sure Pretty, it’s great. But we’ve gotta go.

Shorty:
(snickering) Some big top-secret meeting about the fate of the world as we know it!

Pretty:
No way! How’d we get invited?

Bean:
(blank stare at Pretty) Can you hear the ocean up there?

Pretty:
Well, sometimes when the wind blows through my hair just right…

Jay:
(interrupting, pressing everyone to go) I don’t even want you to finish explaining yourself. Let’s just go.

Bean:
(as they start walking) (VO) Um, yeah. Need I say more? But I guess there’s one in every group, and we got Pretty. She generally explains herself within the first thirty seconds of meeting her. If nothing else though, she definitely keeps one amused. (smug grin)​

Pretty:
(VO) Hi! Everyone calls me Pretty, but I’m not sure why. I think it’s just a compliment or something. (pause) I know I don'’ look like I fit in with this crew or whatever, but I like, totally can’t stand those ditzy airheads! I wish somebody could tell me what their whole deal is! (pause) Anyway, I guess I’m not as hardcore into this stuff as everyone else is; I totally prefer shopping or getting a makeover, but they say I’m pretty good with a scooter, and I love how when I where a skirt, it flows in the wind while I’m riding! So that’s my sport or product or whatever it’s called.

Shorty:
(interrupting) Hey, does Quack know we’re coming?

Pretty:
(VO) Whoa, my bad! I like, totally forgot to say that we’re going to Quack’s place!

(group wanders up onto Quack’s front porch)

(VO) She’s really weird or whatever, but at least not in the like, psycho bad way that Bean is.

Jay:
(stopping suddenly) Wait, what’s that smell?

Shorty:
(grinning slightly) Smells like Quack’s house.

Pretty:
(VO) See? I totally said she’s weird. But don’t worry. You have so not seen anything yet.

(group walks into Quack’s house and finds her in the kitchen, in front of the stove where she’s putting random things into a small saucepan)

Bean:
What are you doing?

Quack:
(looking up from stove) Oh, hi guys!

Pretty:
Hi Quack!

(Shorty waves and Jay gives Quack a weird look)

Bean:
Once again I ask; what are you doing?

Quack:
Just making dinner.

Jay:
(looking in saucepan) Yeah, right. What is it?

Quack:
(shrugging) Just something I made up just now. I guess it’s like soup or stew or gumbo. Why? Do you want some?

Shorty:
Dude, haven’t you ever heard of Ramen Noodles?

Quack:
Sure, I have some of those in here, too.

Bean:
(blank stare) Wow. (walks away towards Quack’s room)

Pretty:
So wait, why are we all here again?

Shorty:
(shrugging) Meh, ‘cause Jay said so.

Jay:
Here’s the deal; we need to have a meeting. I’ve got some important issues to discuss with you guys.

Bean:
Jay’s got issues. (snickers)

Jay:
(giving Bean a dirty look) Look, I’m serious. Quack, can we use your place again?

Quack:
No problem, guys! Consider my humble abode as party central!

Bean:
(sarcastically) And me without my glowstick.

Quack:
No worries, Bean! I’ve got some around here somewhere if you need to borrow one.

(Bean rolls her eyes and walks out to Quack’s room)

Pretty:
(looking into saucepan, making disgusted face) So, are you like, seriously going to eat that?

Quack:
Sure, why not?

Pretty:
No way! That is so disgusting! (walks out to Quack’s room)

Jay:
We’ll just meet you out there, Quack. (walks out to Quack’s room)

Quack:
Okie Dokie Jokie!

(Shorty looks into saucepan, sticks finger in and tastes. She makes a face like it’s really good. Quack does the "see I told you so" look)

Upvote 0

FireRock

Aug 23, 2004
Kansas City, Missouri
✟20,744.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(shot of everyone hanging out in Quack’s room)

Shorty:
So what’s up, Jay?

Bean:
Yeah, what’s with the conference call?

Jay:
Here’s the deal, guys. We only have like two weeks left of school. What are we going to do this summer?

Quack:
Eat pickles! (goes into closet and pulls out jar to pass around) But only the high quality ones this summer, okay guys? We all remember what happened two years ago, right?

Bean:
No, we don’t.

Shorty:
What are you talking about, Quack?

Quack:
(biting into pickle and thinking) Wait, nevermind. That was a dream.

Pretty:
(looking through Quack’s stuff to ‘accessorize’) Hey, wasn’t there like a point to this whole thing or whatever?

Quack:
Yes, there was…or is. (thinks for a moment, then digs around for a straw and starts drinking pickle juice out of the jar)

Jay:
(trying to regain control) Anyway, back to the original issue at hand here!

Pretty:
Like, why is this summer suppose to be different from every other summer, or whatever you were talking about?

Shorty:
Probably because we do the exact same stuff every summer.

Jay:
Exactly! We need to break out of the box! Step out of our comfort zone! Be different!

Quack:
(turning around with goggles and weird hat on) Dude, I can totally do different!

Pretty:
There’s a big surprise! (rolls her eyes dramatically)

Jay:
Look guys, I’m serious. All we do every summer is work at our lame jobs, play video games, sleep in, and eat out.

Bean:
Sounds like the good life to me!

Jay:
But aren’t you sick of it? We could do something big, something great, something that would affect the rest of our lives.

Shorty:
Sounds inspiring enough for me. What did you have in mind, Jay?

Pretty:
Are we talking about like, feeding the homeless or something here?

Bean:
Don’t hurt yourself with those deep thoughts there, Barbie.

Shorty:
Pretty does have a point though. We are lacking in the "good samaritan" department.

Bean:
So what’s the big, bright idea to save the world then?

Jay:
See, that’s where I’m stuck. I have no clue what we could do. I just know that we need to do something, and something big.

(looking around, thinking) Why don’t we invent something then?

Quack:
(messing around with some weird object) Dude, I can totally do that, too!

Bean:
And here’s the point where I officially become nervous. (moves to the other side of the room)

Shorty:
Think about it though. Why don’t we just invent something big and different and then do it!

Quack:
I don’t get it.

Pretty:
Yeah, I don’t get it either.

Bean:
(leaning back, smiling) Sometimes I don’t need to mock other. They do it themselves.

Jay:
What are you getting at here, Shorty?​

Shorty:
(looks at Jay) Well, you want to do something big. (looks at Pretty) You want to do something cool. (looks at Quack) You want to do something different. (looks at Bean) And you want to just do whatever.

Bean:
So?

Shorty:
(picking up camcorder and car keys) So, let’s get out of here and do something unforgettable.

Jay:
(VO) So began our claim to fame, our moment of greatness. With only a week left of school, we all had a lot to do.

(shots of everyone asking parental permission, starting to pack, etc.)

(VO) But we were ready. We were so ready. (shots of group in class) If only school would get over with now.

(shot of Bean skateboarding through hallways. Teacher stops her. Bean picks up skateboard and begins walking)

Teacher1:
(to teacher2) She’s such a smart girl; she really is. I think maybe she just needs to smile or something. I don’t know. (sips coffee thoughtfully) Kids these days, you know? (teacher2 nods in agreement)

(shot of Bean turning corner out of teacher’s sight. puts skateboard down and continues riding to class)

Jay:
(once Bean gets into classroom) Where have you been?

Bean:
I didn’t feel like coming to school this morning, so I slept in.

Pretty:
Your parents let you?

Bean:
Sure. I told them I didn’t want to and they said fine.

Jay:
You’re kidding!

Quack:
I’ve tried that before. ‘Mom, Dad, can I sleep in today?’ ‘No.’ (pause) Then a straight shot to the head with a kleenex box and I fall out of bed. (sighs and shakes head) It never fails.

Shorty:
That actually explains quite a bit.

Bean:
I’d rather not have anything explained to me then.​

Teacher3:
Excuse me class! As I was saying…

(music fades up. Pretty pulls out nail polish and starts doing her nails. Bean pulls out a permanent marker and starts doing her nails, mocking Pretty. Quack grabs both and smells them, intrigued. Shorty grabs them both and tries to start them on fire. Jay grabs both and chucks them into garbage can.)

Shorty:
(VO) In case there was any doubt, we did make it through the last few days of school.

(shots of students all dancing and leaving school happily)

(VO) Well, at least that’s the way we imagined it all ending. But the reality was that for us it was just the beginning; the beginning of greatness.

(group walking out of school with other students around. all stop near sidewalk to put on blades, etc )

Pretty:
So, like when are we leaving?

Bean:
My parents think I already left.

Quack:
My parents are trying to park the car in my room again.

Shorty:
(sarcastically, trying not to laugh) Gee, I hate it when that happens.

Quack:
(serious) I know! You’d think they’d at least have the decency to ask first or something!

Jay:
Anyway, my parents say we can’t go ‘til tomorrow morning. Something about a good night’s sleep or whatever.

Shorty:
Ditto. So how about we meet tomorrow morning at Quack’s house?

Bean:
Works for me.

Quack:
Yep, me too.

Pretty:
(suddenly excited) Awesome! That totally gives me time to finish packing!

Jay:
(in disbelief) You’re still not done?

Pretty:
We are going to be gone for like ever, so I need to make sure that I totally have everything I’m going to need.

Bean:
Okay, I’m almost positive she’s going to be the first one thrown out the van window…while it’s moving.

Quack:
(looking at Pretty) Just remember to stop drop and roll when you hit the ground. Wait, no…that’s if you’re on fire. (thinks briefly) Okay, so I think you need to remember to tuck your head and roll, or bounce, or something like that.

Bean:
Oooo…there’s a close race for first, ladies and gentlemen.

Shorty:
As much fun as that would be, we need everyone intact for this whole thing to work.

Jay:
Shorty’s right. I’ll see you guys tomorrow.

(everyone says goodbye and goes their separate ways)

Upvote 0

paladin0260

Aug 22, 2005
basilia metaxu
✟562.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Great gobs of googley-moogleys, Firerock! That was awesome! Very attention grabing, full of wit, and very hilarious. I followed your conversation with the crusader guy, I knew you would have something great to give to the world.
I just wanted to give a small word of encouragement. Don't ever give up, I also think you have many more works in you. Rock on, sis.:clap:

Reactions: FireRock
Upvote 0

FireRock

Aug 23, 2004
Kansas City, Missouri
✟20,744.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
(shots of everyone at Quack’s house, putting stuff into the van and getting ready to go)

Quack:​

Hey guys! We should totally paint this baby up, like they do in the movies!

Jay:

(sarcastically) Yeah, right. My parents would love it if we brought the van back with spray paint all over it.

Quack:

I know! Who wouldn’t right?​

Bean:​
Besides, if we put it all on the van, you couldn’t sniff it anymore.​

Pretty:​

(coming in late, out of breath) Okay guys, I’m here!

Shorty:

Is that all stuff that you’re bringing?

Bean:

(in disbelief) No way.​

Yeah, totally! I even went shopping last night to make sure that I didn’t like, forget anything.

Jay:

Pretty, this is a road trip, not a weekend stay in Las Vegas!​

Shorty:
There is no possible way that we can fit all of that stuff in the van!​

Whatever! Just tell Quack that she can’t bring her pink flamingo and tell Bean that she can’t bring her gun collection, or whatever she has.​

Bean:

(gives Pretty a dirty look, sarcastically) How am I supposed to protect myself from all the "like way evil ditzy airheads"? (walks away and starts packing stuff)​

(panicked look) What? Why can’t Maurice go with us?

Jay:

Enough already! Man, it’s like trying to take a field trip with a bunch of first graders. Look, whatever fits in the van is going with us, okay?​

Rock on. (chucks one duffel bag into van and brushes hands off)

Pretty:

(complete disbelief) That’s like, all you have?​

(smiling) Living the good life, low-maintenance. It’s a beautiful thing. (walks away)

(fast clips of group packing up and starting to leave)​

Quack:

(VO) Even though Pretty packed her basement, we were still able to load up the van and finally go.​

(van comes back)​

Well, almost. Hey, it’s always better to go before you leave!​

(Quack jumps out of van, runs into house, comes back out a few moments later, gets into van, van leaves again)​

But once we were off, dude, we were gone!​

(shot of van driving past city limit sign)​

(shot inside the van)

Shorty:

Okay, where’s the map? We need to know where we’re going.

Quack:

No worries! I got it!​

Jay:

Quack, that’s a Twister map.​

(sheepishly) Oops, I always get those two confused.

Bean:

You’re not serious. (takes Twister mat and throws it out the window) Here’s an actual map of the real world, Quack.​

Dude, this would be so hard to play Twister on.

Jay:​
Give me that before you hurt yourself. (takes map, opens it and looks it over)​

Shorty:

So where are we headed?​

(showing map to Shorty) Right here. Just keep going down the road another few miles and you’ll see the turn on the right.

Got it.

Quack:

Come on, gee dawgs! We need some tunes going down in here!​

Oh! I’ve totally got a CD guys! (takes a CD and puts it into CD player, turns out to be lame music)

Bean:​

No way. (takes CD and throws it out window)

Allow me to offer a compromise, before anything else gets thrown out of the window. (plays cool music)​

Shorty:

(VO) In case the big plan is unclear, here’s the rundown. We decided to take a roadtrip to different churches and check out the people and the service and all that good stuff. It’s never been done before, that we know of, so we figured why not? If nothing else, we’ll learn a lot and it will definitely be unforgettable.​

(shot of Quack getting thrown over seat and Bean brushing her hands off)​

That is, if Bean doesn’t stab anyone to death in the process.​

(shot of Bean playing with Swiss Army Knife)​

Upvote 0

FireRock

Aug 23, 2004
Kansas City, Missouri
✟20,744.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

(shot of van pulling into parking lot of church. Kids hanging out, skating, etc. Group piles out of van, grabbing gear and joining in on the fun)

(shots of kids going into building, then shots of worship and service)

(shots of everyone coming out of building, saying goodbye, and group pulling out of parking lot)

Jay:
That totally rocked, you guys!

Bean:
Hey, even I enjoyed that.

Shorty:
Yeah, and you don’t really enjoy anything positive. Pretty, you rule at interviewing people!

Quack:
That was so much fun! (yawns) Speaking of that, wake me up when we get to the next church, or bagel shop. (settles down to sleep)

Pretty:
Yeah, like me too. I’m so way tired. (fixes her hair and tries to find the perfect spot to sleep)

Shorty:
Rock on. I’ll pull over to the next rest stop I find.

(quick shot of everyone in van, then fade out)

(sunrises, rooster is heard crowing. shot of van door opening and everyone stretching as they get out. fast clips of everyone piling out of van and going into rest area to clean up. time passes and everyone except Pretty comes out and piles into van and takes off. after a few moments the van comes back and waits for Pretty. she comes out happily and gets into van. van takes off again.)

Quack:
(after a little time passes) Are we there yet?

Bean:
Don’t even start.

Quack:
It’s a legitimate question.

Pretty:
For once I like, totally agree with Quack. It feels like we’ve been on the road for like, hours. Where’s the next church?

Jay:
Okay, probably because we have been on the road for "like, hours." The next church is still a couple of hours away.

Quack:
Oh, okay. (long pause) Are we there yet?

Bean:
You’re going to get hurt.

Shorty:
Hey, when are we going to stop and eat?

Jay:
(semi-frustrated) Not ‘til we get to the town that the next church is in. Don’t worry, we’ll get there in plenty of time to stop and eat first.

Shorty:
Cool, ‘cause if we’re skipping lunch to save time, I’m going to be starving when we get there. (pause, under breath) Probably end up eating Jay or something.

Bean:
(suddenly alert) Skipping lunch? What?

Quack:
That would not be cool, guys. Just not cool at all. (pause, goes into back of van) No worries, though, I’ve got it all covered! (holdsup jar of pickles)

Pretty:
That is like, so gross! Those things smell worse than, like, Bean’s shoes!

Bean:
(smiles smugly)

Quack:
I guess that means more for me! (starts munching on pickles, long pause) Are we there yet?

Bean:
You’re done, kid.

Pretty:
Can we like, get rid of the pickles? They’re totally smelling up the whole van!

Quack:
How can you not enjoy them? They’re one of the main parts of my diet!

Pretty:
That’s gross!

Shorty:
That’s intriguing.

Jay:
That’s disturbing!

Bean:
That’s enough! (takes jar of pickles from Quack and throws them out the window)

Quack:
(after long pause) Are we there yet?

Bean:
One way ticket! (tries to throw Quack out of the van window while Pretty and Shorty stop her)

Shorty:
(VO) That’s the way it went for the next however many weeks. We were able to hit a lot of churches though, and we got some great footage.

(shots of different churches with skaters, group talking to different kids, worship services, alter time, etc.)

Jay:
(VO) Besides Bean trying to kill people, everything was going great! Word was starting to get around about what we were doing, and we were getting a list of contacts that wanted our finished products, as well as our services for future projects they were planning. Life was going awesome for all of us. We were learning so much about ourselves and each other. Even though it’d only been a couple of months or something, it felt like we’d been doing this our whole lives. Yeah, life is definitely good.

(shot of van driving into sunset. fade out)

Upvote 0

FireRock

Aug 23, 2004
Kansas City, Missouri
✟20,744.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This is where I'm a little stuck. There's this whole 'serious' subplot that I put in, but it's very twisted. I started out with something that was actually serious (death in the family type of thing) but it didn't work at all with the flow of the story, so I'm in the process of changing it around.

Then a couple of scenes later, I come to another point where they do one of two big life-changing skate deals, and am stuck as to what goes where, in a sense. But I'm really, really happy with what I have so far...and actually with my whole rough draft. It's just kind of rearranging and such for the final script.

I'll post more up as I get it typed and finalized. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

FireRock

Aug 23, 2004
Kansas City, Missouri
✟20,744.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hahaha!! Funny thing is that I did get it all written out, then I moved and so I couldn't get the thing filmed. :p I'm a little disappointed with the ending, so I'm having a couple of people look it over and give me some constructive critism.

I was also hearing around here that it's possible for people to steal one's work off of here and pass it off as their own. So I've been debating whether or not to put any more of this script up.

Thanks for the care and concern though. :D

Upvote 0