Canmanico, Valencia, Bohol
✟44,295.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Alright, I am sad yesterday that I wasn't able to access Wikipedia's page because of their protest but now I am glad that they are back.

As for this PIPA/ SOPA bill:
I oppose this very PIPA/ SOPA for if it comes to full force, maybe we might not be able to go to any good websites that currently exist. For instance, we upload stuffs that may not be ours but we add disclaimers and then the "knight templar mods and admins" spot us and then, we go "POOF!" banned left and right. What is even more, is that we ourselves may not be able to meet here in this forum when V Bulletin, which powers our board might close due to fear of being charged with crime for something.

Also, the internet is supposed to be free but not to the point of being lawless. Information should not be blocked. It should flow for the many.

Oh yes!

Upvote 0

AMDG

Tenderized for Christ
May 24, 2004
Pacific Northwest, United States
✟47,022.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Hmmm--just saw a tv ad *supporting* SOPA. Something tells me that those wanting to ram it through are counting on the confusion from those who were protesting SOPA.

And the reason that you feel that you now live in "Communist U.S. of A." is because with the passage of this act we will lose our right to free speech. It's about the same reason I now have to go to foreign sites to tell me what's *really* happening in my own country. (BTW, I *hate* it when the government tells us one thing but the truth is far different. Can't *believe* that this administration seems to think it okay to "pull the wool over it's citizens eyes" by using pretty words instead of facts. )

Upvote 0

JacktheCatholic

Praise be to Jesus Christ. Now and forever.
Mar 9, 2007
Michigan, USA
Visit site
✟44,388.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hmmm--just saw a tv ad *supporting* SOPA. Something tells me that those wanting to ram it through are counting on the confusion from those who were protesting SOPA.

And the reason that you feel that you now live in "Communist U.S. of A." is because with the passage of this act we will lose our right to free speech. It's about the same reason I now have to go to foreign sites to tell me what's *really* happening in my own country. (BTW, I *hate* it when the government tells us one thing but the truth is far different. Can't *believe* that this administration seems to think it okay to "pull the wool over it's citizens eyes" by using pretty words instead of facts. )

I pray to God that this SOPA is killed off and for good.

Upvote 0

whitetiger1

Sep 3, 2011
in front of my computer
✟1,946.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I pray to God that this SOPA is killed off and for good.
It never will be until we can come up with a good solution for piracy. Instead of yelling the loudest to get legislation put down we should also offer constructive solutions. I can think of one but it would mean that manufacturers need to lower their prices for software

Upvote 0

Tigg

Senior Veteran
Jan 5, 2007
✟17,774.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
We were heard for the time being. Why is it I don't trust govt? Mummm

"After Protest, Congress puts off movie piracy bill"

"Caving to a massive campaign by Internet services and their millions of users, Congress indefinitely postponed legislation Friday to stop online piracy of movies and music costing U.S. companies billions of dollars every year. Critics said the bills would result in censorship and stifle Internet innovation."

After protest, Congress puts off movie piracy bill - Yahoo! News

Upvote 0

AMDG

Tenderized for Christ
May 24, 2004
Pacific Northwest, United States
✟47,022.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
We were heard for the time being. Why is it I don't trust govt? Mummm

Because this admin (particularly) has a "track record" of "pulling" some bill or something else that the people don't like but then in a few weeks (after the people think the admin. is *finally* listening to them) slipping the darn bill (or what-have-you) back into the bill or in another one until they get their way?

Besides, Obama got about three million in donations for his campaign from Hollywood, but now Hollywood is threatening to stop those donations unless SOPA and PIPA goes through, sooo....

Upvote 0

Feisty_Angel

Please pray for us - Much Needed Rain !!
May 13, 2006
So. California
✟13,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Because this admin (particularly) has a "track record" of "pulling" some bill or something else that the people don't like but then in a few weeks (after the people think the admin. is *finally* listening to them) slipping the darn bill (or what-have-you) back into the bill or in another one until they get their way?

Besides, Obama got about three million in donations for his campaign from Hollywood, but now Hollywood is threatening to stop those donations unless SOPA and PIPA goes through, sooo....

Yep, they do !!!!!! :mad:

Now thats bad.

I say get rid of Bams. He is bought and sold so easily it disgusts me. And Reid...he is the next sneak.

:amen: and TWO :thumbsup: :thumbsup: to that !!!!!!!

Reactions: WarriorAngel
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Antigone

The Wrath of Whatever
Apr 20, 2006
De Boendoks
✟33,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)

Lamar Smith, the bills main sponsor, has already said that he might attach it to another bill about aid for children, possibly so he can tell his opponents that when they vote against it, they hate children. (I read this on reddit but can't seem to find the link to the original story.)

I get that politics are sometimes played dirty but that's just vile.

Now thats bad.

I say get rid of Bams. He is bought and sold so easily it disgusts me. And Reid...he is the next sneak.

Actually, looking at OpenSecrets.org: Money in Politics -- See Who's Giving & Who's Getting, republicans tend to receive more donations than democrats in most states.

Upvote 0

JacktheCatholic

Praise be to Jesus Christ. Now and forever.
Mar 9, 2007
Michigan, USA
Visit site
✟44,388.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It never will be until we can come up with a good solution for piracy. Instead of yelling the loudest to get legislation put down we should also offer constructive solutions. I can think of one but it would mean that manufacturers need to lower their prices for software

What we need is some private companies that offer an internet that can product us from inappropriate contentography. This is a huge issue with the internet. Far greater than any other IMO.

BUT, I do not want the government controlling it, it then gives them more control over us.

Upvote 0

FriendlyJosh

Jan 12, 2011
✟11,056.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
What we need is some private companies that offer an internet that can product us from inappropriate contentography. This is a huge issue with the internet. Far greater than any other IMO.

BUT, I do not want the government controlling it, it then gives them more control over us.

That already exists in forms of software you can install and sites like google have filters too. I'm against inappropriate contento but suggesting the ISP's or anyone regulate that, is definitely definitely not the way to go.They don't need anymore power on their end, then they already have, they just need to send data from point a to point b and let the user decide on their end what they want to do with it. Because anytime you give companies an inch they want to take a yard. Them "protecting" you against inappropriate content will turn into them "protecting" you against everything, including "slow" "dangerous" competitors...it'll just never end, so best to avoid that abusive situation all together IMHO.

Upvote 0