in front of my computer
✟1,946.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yes, they CAN get the message. Whether or not they IGNORE IT is an entirely separate issue. You aren't making much sense.
You aren't making sense or being obtuse and pie in the sky ideal one of the two. Must be young or trust government a lot because you don't understand what "gets the message" means

Upvote 0

Incariol

Apr 22, 2011
✟7,523.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
You aren't making sense or being obtuse and pie in the sky ideal one of the two. Must be young or trust government a lot because you don't understand what "gets the message" means

Your failure to communicate in written English really isn't my problem.

You are the one who went from a bizarre claim that blacking out websites equals a claim to own the internet, to the idea that said black outs are directed at the government, to the claim that Congress is literally incapable of reading email... You really aren't in much of a position to be criticizing other people's posting at this point, especially when you cap it off with a cute ad hominem.

Upvote 0

Antigone

The Wrath of Whatever
Apr 20, 2006
De Boendoks
✟33,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
It won't work Washington is to dumb to get the message, I know from all the work many of us put into before everyone acted so concerned they just parrot it's good.

When people told their senators they would stop voting for them if they supported SOPA/PIPA, they got the message very quickly. According to Gawker, four of them have dropped out already.

I think Facebook would go dark. The world would freak out.

Upvote 0

whitetiger1

Sep 3, 2011
in front of my computer
✟1,946.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Looking at it in the light of a new day I understand how these sites feel but it will matter little. Most sites that went dark only are used by certain segments of society, most I see are geek news sites, Linux sites, and the like. It would have made a huge difference if Facebook went dark for a few hours or if the news sites did.

This PCWorld article is good:

SOPA and PIPA: Just the Facts | PCWorld

and here are better alternatives to wiki if needed (I was surprised Encyclopedia Britannica is still around)

Wikipedia Alternatives: What to Do When Wikipedia Goes Down | PCWorld

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

whitetiger1

Sep 3, 2011
in front of my computer
✟1,946.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
When people told their senators they would stop voting for them if they supported SOPA/PIPA, they got the message very quickly. According to Gawker, four of them have dropped out already.

Agree.

Upvote 0

Brooklyn Knight

On a narrow road but not narrow minded
Nov 21, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
✟13,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others

You make it sound like it's a bad thing.

I want Facebook to enter the same figurative grave that AOL Homepages and Myspace occupy.

Twitter, you're next!

Upvote 0

FriendlyJosh

Jan 12, 2011
✟11,056.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
You make it sound like it's a bad thing.

I want Facebook to enter the same figurative grave that AOL Homepages and Myspace occupy.

Twitter, you're next!

Twitpic protested all day. I didn't expect facebook to do anything, never been a fan, woulda been shocked if they protested. Glad Google and wikipedia stepped up though, and the thousands of other sites. Mozilla, Craigslist etc...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟392,626.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't see the big deal. Therea re so many other places to look for information. I wouldn't miss wikipedia if was gone all together.

You don't see a big deal with the government trying to censor the web? :confused:

Upvote 0

Tigg

Senior Veteran
Jan 5, 2007
✟17,774.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
" If a day without Wikipedia was a bother, think bigger. In this plugged-in world, we would barely be able to cope if the entire Internet went down in a city, state or country for a day or a week."

No Wikipedia? What if the Internet went down? - Yahoo! News

I at first wanted nothing to do with puters and the net. Now, I would not want to do without.

Upvote 0